McNeil Commits

Proud Tiger

If we land Corley and Gibson, that would give us 4 of the state's top 5 recruits to your 1. And 6/10 with Phelon Jones being the only Top 10 player to leave the state.

Ryan Pugh is a Top 3 player instate, anyone who watched the Army AA Bowl could tell you that in about a second flat. Go look at Scout's State rankings, they are 10x more accurate than Rivals' this year (Rivals' rankings are flatout sketchy this year).

I'm failing to see how you "smashed him in the mouth."

If we land Corley and Gibson, that would give us 4 of the state's top 5 recruits to your 1. And 6/10 with Phelon Jones being the only Top 10 player to leave the state.

You did get McNeil, a player that we badly wanted. But, you haven't "smashed anybody in the mouth." You should know that.

Now that's some hellacious spin. I've head this same tired litany for the past ten years. "We whooped ya'll's BUTT with in-state recruits by DAYUM!! RAMMER EFFFIN' JAMMER!! Ya'll better get ready 'cause Bama's BACK!"

Yes, yes, yes. We get it. Bama "owns" the state. *snicker*

You did get McNeil, a player that we badly wanted. But, you haven't "smashed anybody in the mouth." You should know that.

I wouldn't call it a smash in the mouth. But I like the way this guy put it.

Posted on ITAT Free board

Link

Per the Mobile Register Elite 18:

Auburn currently has 6 commitments from these players on the list:

McNeil #1

Pugh #7

Freeman #8

B. Williams #10

Carr #12

Chapman #13 (soft verbal)

Alabama has 6:

Murphy #3

McClain #6

McCollough #11

Gentry #14

Vlachos #15

Crump #17

3 players (Phelon Jones, Brandon Clear and Demario Ambrose) are heading out of state

3 players, Nick Fairley (#9), Sidell Corley (#2) and Brandon Gibson ((#5) are currently uncommitted.

Even if they sign Gibson and Corley, they still only sign 8 players off of the list, while Auburn signs at least 6 and possbly 7, depending upon what Fairley does.

This is the definition of in-state recruiting "domination" according to the Bammers.

This post would be quite funny, if it were not so sad. Alabama has a proud and storied football program and for even a fan, that maybe has never actually seen Bryant Denny, to resort to grasping for such weak retribution as this, is sad.

Look, it's pretty simple. We are currently in the top 10 in recruiting and Bama is in the top 25-30 (depending on where you look). We filled some positions that we needed help in and didn't just go after the top 5, as you seem to think is so important.

We want Gibson too. UAT may get him as he's reportedly a UAT lean.

We won't know who won the in state battle for about 2 years. But I'll take McNeil over Corley. :cheer::au:

Now that's some hellacious spin. I've head this same tired litany for the past ten years. "We whooped ya'll's BUTT with in-state recruits by DAYUM!! RAMMER EFFFIN' JAMMER!! Ya'll better get ready 'cause Bama's BACK!"

Yes, yes, yes. We get it. Bama "owns" the state. *snicker*

LOL! C'mon GG, don't waste logic on a bammer, it might do someone else some good.

This post would be quite funny, if it were not so sad. Alabama has a proud and storied football program and for even a fan, that maybe has never actually seen Bryant Denny, to resort to grasping for such weak retribution as this, is sad.

Trying to say that I've never seen Bryant-Denny? Aside from attending the equivalent of 6 full football seasons there and walking by it everyday to on my way to class, I've never seen it.

Trying to say that I've never seen Bryant-Denny? Aside from attending the equivalent of 6 full football seasons there and walking by it everyday to on my way to class, I've never seen it.

I did say "maybe". I shall therefore relegate youth as the culprit and not the hinterland lifestyle that I first suspected. I'm sure you were just reaching for straws and I don't question your allegiance...just the logic.

It's a figurative expression like we talk about playing smash mouth football. I hope you aren't so naive as to not think that Slick Nick has already alienated several coaches in the SEC and the hardball recruiting has kicked in. $aban fired the first volleys and others have fired back. Future recruiting in the SEC is going to be a whole new ball game and I think $aban, with his pachyderm sized ego, has bit off more than he can chew.

Time will tell.

On another note, I had lunch today with a bama student who is starting a co-op assignment at NASA in Huntsvile. He is Phil Posey from Tuscumbia. I voluntered to help him out while he is here for the semester and we kicked it off with today's lunch. He impressed me as being a very sharp and nice kid, unlike some on this board. Just kidding.

Saban has alienated fellow coaches in the SEC? Oh no. We're really doomed now.

I hear they have their calendars marked now too. Tell tale sign, just ask Darby...

Saban has alienated fellow coaches in the SEC? Oh no. We're really doomed now.

You laugh but 11 vicious SEC coaching staffs against one won't do bama any good for sure.

Bama has never had such competition before and this time----it's without Bryant..... :cheer: "Saban is going to return Crimson Tide football to it's RIGHTFUL PLACE." :puke::moon:

It's a figurative expression ....

Yeah, sort of like singing "We just beat the hell out of you" to a team when you're lucky to have escaped with a narrow, last minute win.. :rolleyes:

Actually PT, win is right. To smash someone in the mouth, that person has to be in the ring with you, right?

I wouldn't say that using your wife to sway a kid's grandfather is quite standing in the ring, just my $.02...

Come on Michael, help us get Gibson....... :cheer:

Rumor is floating around that he is a silent commitment to Bammer.

Archived