WESTERN DIVISION

Auburn 4-4 .500 3-1 1-3 1-2 14-9 .609 13-3 1-4 0-2 5-5 W1

Arkansas 3-4 .429 2-1 1-3 3-1 14-7 .667 10-1 1-5 3-1 6-4 W1

Alabama 3-4 .429 2-1 1-3 2-3 16-5 .762 10-1 2-4 4-0 6-4 W1

Ole Miss 3-5 .375 3-1 0-4 2-2 14-8 .636 11-1 1-7 2-0 4-6 W1

LSU 2-5 .286 2-2 0-3 2-3 13-8 .619 11-3 2-4 0-1 5-5 L4

Miss. State 2-5 .286 2-2 0-3 2-1 11-9 .550 9-3 1-6 1-0 3-7 L3

Wow congrats to the team :cheer:

we need to really win those western division games. I think if we win the division were in the tourney. AND i think pending winning the division we would have the best resume from our division. AND we could keep bama out :cheer:

we need to really win those western division games. I think if we win the division were in the tourney. AND i think pending winning the division we would have the best resume from our division. AND we could keep bama out :cheer:

Good luck with that. Barring a complete meltdown, we punched out ticket to the dance last night in BR.

And you wouldn't have the best resume, because you didn't have any good OOC wins. You didn't beat a Xavier, Oklahoma, Iowa, or NC State. I'm not trying to flame... just calling it the way I see it.

Good luck with that. Barring a complete meltdown, we punched out ticket to the dance last night in BR.

And you wouldn't have the best resume, because you didn't have any good OOC wins. You didn't beat a Xavier, Oklahoma, Iowa, or NC State. I'm not trying to flame... just calling it the way I see it.

Yeah, but we seem to be running all over those ranked :sec: teams ;)

Have you checked the records for all the teams you listed? Oklahoma, NC State, and Iowa all suck. And Xavier is a mid-major team. Bammer really has no impressive non conference victories.

Here is the overall record and the conference record for all the teams wincrimson mentioned Bammer playing in their non conference schedule.

NC State is 12-8 overall. They have a 2-5 record against other ACC teams this year. They are currently tied with Maryland for 8th place in the ACC standings.

Oklahoma is 12-8 overall. They have a 3-4 record against other Big 12 teams this year. They are currently in 7th place in the Big 12 standings.

Iowa is 11-11 overall. They have a 3-6 record against other Big 10 teams this year. They are currently in 8th place in the Big 10 standings this year.

Xavier is 15-7 overall. They have a 5-3 record against other Atlantic 10 conference teams. They are currently in 5th place in the Atlantic 10 standings.

Like I said earlier, Bammer has absolutely zero impressive non conference victories this season.

Yeah, but we seem to be running all over those ranked :sec: teams ;)

Except for Florida...... ;)

Here is the overall record and the conference record for all the teams wincrimson mentioned Bammer playing in their non conference schedule.

NC State is 12-8 overall. They have a 2-5 record against other ACC teams this year. They are currently tied with Maryland for 8th place in the ACC standings.

Oklahoma is 12-8 overall. They have a 3-4 record against other Big 12 teams this year. They are currently in 7th place in the Big 12 standings.

Iowa is 11-11 overall. They have a 3-6 record against other Big 10 teams this year. They are currently in 8th place in the Big 10 standings this year.

Xavier is 15-7 overall. They have a 5-3 record against other Atlantic 10 conference teams. They are currently in 5th place in the Atlantic 10 standings.

Like I said earlier, Bammer has absolutely zero impressive non conference victories this season.

Wow, that's interesting. NC State beat #3 UNC today. Iowa beat #25 Indiana. (and both of those wins for us were away from Coleman)

Also, Oklahoma lost AT A&M by 9 and AT OSU by 5. We beat them 70-55.

Man your timing sucks.

PS what OOC wins does AU have that are impressive?

So now NC State is 3-5 against other ACC teams this year. They might have moved up to 6th or 7th place in the ACC standings.

Iowa is now 4-6 against other Big 10 teams this year. They might have moved up to 6th or 7th place in the Big 10 standings.

There is still nothing impressive about beating a team that is in 6th or 7th place in the ACC and a team that is in 6th or 7th place in the Big 10.

Auburn doesnt have any impressive non conference victories this year, but neither does Bammer. Auburn played several good teams in their non conference schedule like Pitt, Texas A&M, Oklahoma State, and Wisconsin, but they lost all of those games. Bammer did not even play any good teams in their non conference schedule. Bammer just played a bunch of mediocre teams like Xavier, Iowa, Oklahoma, and NC State.

Auburn doesnt have any impressive non conference victories this year, but neither does Bammer. Auburn played several good teams in their non conference schedule like Pitt, Texas A&M, Oklahoma State, and Wisconsin, but they lost all of those games. Bammer did not even play any good teams in their non conference schedule. Bammer just played a bunch of mediocre teams like Xavier, Iowa, Oklahoma, and NC State.

That's the funniest thing I've read all day. Beating teams like Xavier, Iowa, OU, and NC State (all away from home except OU) looks very good on our resume. I'll let you in on how this works...Top 100 RPI wins are good for your end of season resume. That's one of the key factors for determining whether or not you make the tourney...and subsequently your seeding. Top 50 RPI wins are HUGE. Add a notch to any top 100/50 win if its at a neutral site, and two notches if its on the road. If those wins are OOC, it looks that much better.

Xavier is an RPI top 50 win.

NC State, after the new RPI calculates their ROAD win over ranked Va Tech, and their beating of the #3 team in the nation, will see their RPI go from 118 to about 60. (this was a ROAD win for us)

OU's RPI is 87.

Iowa's 94...it will go to around 70 with their win over Indiana.

And while OU is 6th in the Big 12, there is only one team ahead of them, K State, that isnt in the top 25. With OU's win today...the next RPI rankings will show that all 4 of those teams you mentioned have higher RPI rankings than Auburn. So unless you think AU is awful...id say those wins of ours may mean something.

Just to put it in perspective. Before you guys lost to Ole Miss today, your RPI was 85th.

So when you compare your OOC slate vs ours...i find it quite comical that you say we "played a bunch of mediocre teams"...and your 4 examples are ALL wins that gave us a huge RPI boost. And will give us a huge boost come selection sunday.

Conversely, not only did AU LOSE all of the games you listed, they also have what is considered a "bad loss" in your loss to 108th RPI ranked Southern Miss. You don't get credit for playing a bunch of decent teams if you lose all of them. And as much as you'd like to belittle our preconf schedule, it will help us a great deal.

PS what OOC wins does AU have that are impressive?

SQUAWK!! Ignore the giant rotting elephant in the middle of the room while I retort with my as now patented "I know you are but what am I so look at Auburn" parroting response!! SQUAWK!!

PLEASE, BG, for the love of Saint Jerome get some new material. Whether Auburn played the entire NBA or the 1A Junior High Girls teams, it has NO EFFECT on what Alabama did or didn't do. You simply cannot continue to defend everything Alabama does by responding "Yeah, but what did Auburn do?" If Alabama didn't play a quality OOC schedule, who Auburn plays is irrelevant. If Alabama's coach makes an incredibly stupid and demeaning remark, the fact that somebody on a message board may or may not have possibly used the same term is utterly irrelevant.

I find it hilarious that your every defense of Bama devolves to a comparison with Auburn. Who's the little brother, BG? Hmmmm....

Make a list. Next time you're at Wal Mart, GET SOME NEW MATERIAL.

I'd also like to make some notable corrections here.

Iowa is 4th in the Big 10. And they are only 1 game out of third. All three teams ahead of them are in the top 25.

OU is 6th by tie breaker since they beat Texas Tech today. All teams but one ahead of them are in the top 25.

Xavier is tied for 3rd (3 way tie) . 3 teams have a 6-3 record. However, they are only 1 game out of 1st place.

NC State has 3 wins in the ACC, and the last two over top 25 teams. Ironically, Clemson, who is only 1 game ahead of NC State in the standings, is a top 25 team.

Puts things into a little better perspective.

SQUAWK!! Ignore the giant rotting elephant in the middle of the room while I retort with my as now patented "I know you are but what am I so look at Auburn" parroting response!! SQUAWK!!

PLEASE, BG, for the love of Saint Jerome get some new material. Whether Auburn played the entire NBA or the 1A Junior High Girls teams, it has NO EFFECT on what Alabama did or didn't do. You simply cannot continue to defend everything Alabama does by responding "Yeah, but what did Auburn do?" If Alabama didn't play a quality OOC schedule, who Auburn plays is irrelevant. If Alabama's coach makes an incredibly stupid and demeaning remark, the fact that somebody on a message board may or may not have possibly used the same term is utterly irrelevant.

I find it hilarious that your every defense of Bama devolves to a comparison with Auburn. Who's the little brother, BG? Hmmmm....

Why did you just ignore all those things I posted? I was responding to the notion that AU played all these great teams and bama played a bunch of high schoolers. I think I provided plenty of evidence in my rebuttal to show that not only are the teams we beat in OOC good, but they will help us come tournament placement time.

You always try to do that. You always ignore 99% of what I say and harp on one little thing.

Why did you just ignore all those things I posted? I was responding to the notion that AU played all these great teams and bama played a bunch of high schoolers. I think I provided plenty of evidence in my rebuttal to show that not only are the teams we beat in OOC good, but they will help us come tournament placement time.

You always try to do that. You always ignore 99% of what I say and harp on one little thing.

There was never any notion of "Auburn playing all these great OOC teams", you created that alleged argument out of thin air.

Let's recap:

1) Wincrimson made a crack about Bama punching its ticket to the dance by beating LSU (which is another topic altogether, for if the NCAA tourney is truly this watered down it needs to cut back to 32 teams). He followed that by noting that AU had no good OOC wins.

2) Whiteplainstiger responded to that by listing Bama's OOC schedule and pointing out that it wasn't all that sporty.

3) You reply with some semi-gloating about NC State and Iowa and spin a couple of other opponent losses to make it look better, which is okay because that's what you do and who you are. But you close with this nugget: PS what OOC wins does AU have that are impressive?

If you'd left it at the defense of Bama's OOC that would be different. But you attempted to further justify it by comparing to Auburn's. But Auburn's OOC was never a part of the argument -- except by you and Wincrimson, who are both coincidentally Bama fans. None of the AU fans here are attempting to make the argument that AU has some kind of killer OOC schedule either as it stands alone or, as you feel compelled to do, compared to Bama.

Inferiority complex, perhaps?

As you can see, I didn't ignore what you said, I only addressed the part that was relevant to the discussion.

meh...you guys want to dog our OOC schedule, I don't see anything wrong with asking the same question back at you.

I didn't USE that as any part of my fact based rebuttal...it was just a side note.

meh...you guys want to dog our OOC schedule, I don't see anything wrong with asking the same question back at you.

I didn't USE that as any part of my fact based rebuttal...it was just a side note.

'

I know you are but what am I.

Well, then, we can ignore 100% of what you say. Is that better?

No other team in America can top Auburn in the number of good losses we have.

This is true ;)

Archived