Auburn wins 10-5

Aubie16

There are some things I really like about this team. They seem to have very good team speed, and have been putting pressure on the defense with there running game. I also really think the young middle infield combination we have is going to develop and be a strength of this team in the future. The sky is the limit on the brooks kid. I also think that the depth of this pitching staff will be an asset. The only thing I am a little concerned with right now is the lack of a lock down #1 starter. That guy that you can go into any SEC series with that you know has the ability to dominate an opponent and allow you to win a 1-0 game. Hopefully that will develop or Crawford who did not pitch this weekend can be that type of guy. I was not impressed with Hofstras starters and their bullpen was shaky at best. Offensively we need to continue to get better. On the whole I think Slater has the chemistry right for this team to get even better as the season go on.

I was a little upset that hofstra scored as much as they did. Granted, we we able to outscore them and it takes nothing away from our offense. If Hofstra can put 5 or 6 on us, I doubt Arizona State, LSU, and Vandy are going to have much trouble putting more up. And its going to be a lot harder to throw 10-13 up against a team of that caliber. We have a lot of room for improvement, but i definately think this is going to be a good season.

It was the first series im sure the guys were a little nervouse and jittery.... Also the starting rotation was all out of wack because Crawford was out and Burnside was hurt and could only come in as relief. You Put Woodall, Crawford, and Burnside thats a solid 3 starters. But overall 3 exciting fun games hope we can keep it up all year.

Archived