Thanksgiving in NY

bammanmr

Guest AuNuma1

I went to Ground Zero in February of '02 when they were still cleaning up...surreal to say the least. From what you could tell, what are they doing with it now? Are they building the replacement or what?

I lived in NYC for about 6 months back in 1996. I worked across from Lord & Taylor and saw the tree for Rockerfeller Center trucked in. Manhattan is surprisingly nice during the holiday season.

While there are some beautiful Christmas displays throughout the city, I felt like the decorations in Little Italy really got me in the spirit.

From what the placards around the fence stated, they had already opened the new transit station there (PATH, I think). Most of the construction going on in the site if for transit. There was NO information there about the memorial that will be built.

I thought that they came up with a design for the buildings that will replace the twin towers. I saw some funny replacement ideas also lol.

I dunno if they should build a building on the ground which so many people lost their lives on. I think they should make a memorial or something. If they put buildings their. Come up with a great name to remember the people that died there.

WARR EAGLE

Archived