Tigers face setback on Wednesday

4-3 Lipscomb. Auburn was out hit 11-7 and made a huge error in the top of 12 that led to the winning run.

Up next, UNC Greensboro.

lipscomb is not a bad baseball team.

We just couldnt get the runners on/drive them in at the right times. Pitchers did well though. 4 runs through 12 innings isnt anything to be upset about especially with i think 3 errors. Thompson looked great until he got tired in the 5th i think it was and couldnt find the strikezone. I think we need a little more production out of the entire lineup..grienke, bianucci and donaldson arent going to get on base and hit bombs every game. The rest of the lineup did that this weekend. Unfortunately, no one could really hit today. So goes the game of baseball.

Chizad since you seem to have some inside information. Is woodall set to be on of the weekend starters? I know Evan and Burnside will be and i think Woodall is the other.

If Thompson keeps it up he could be a valuable asset like Burnside last year out of the pen.

Guest Tigrinum Major

It was one game on a cold day. Not exactly the optimum baseball weather.

It's not a trend. Should we have beat them? Probably. Am I ready to throw the season away? Hell, no.

I was carrying my 6 year old to school this morning and the radio announced the score. My boy never pays attention to the radio and usually just sits there talking away like that little girl on the Volvo commercial. "And then they went in the house but they didn't know what it was and they said...."

All of a sudden, he stops for a second and then says, "WHO did he say beat Auburn?" I told him, "David Lipscomb." To which he responded, "I've never heard of them. I remember when Arkansas beat Auburn and I said 'Curse you Razorbacks' but I've never heard of this team."

That's my boy!!! :thumbsup:

Chizad since you seem to have some inside information. Is woodall set to be on of the weekend starters? I know Evan and Burnside will be and i think Woodall is the other.

Yeah, Bryan's the other weekend starter.

Guest Tigrinum Major

If it's any consolation, uat dropped their game to Troy as well.

Arkansas felt the wrath of the Trojans over the weekend. Well, one game out of three.

There is no shame in losing a game to Troy. Just as there is none in losing to Lipscomb. Unless we follow it up with a clunker this weekend against Greensboro.

I want to win them all as well. However....Before anybody gets completely and totally upset about losing this game, look over the schedule real quick.

We have a home series against UNCG coming up, then a game vs. Troy. Then, we go to Mobile for the round-robin thingy where we play Jacksonville, Michigan State, and South Alabama.

Followed by a mid-week game vs. Samford.

First weekend of March, Arizona State comes to Auburn. I would say that after that first weekend of March, maybe the previous week in Mobile...at that point we will have a real idea about this team.

I am telling you, if they look anything like what they looked like last weekend through half of these upcoming games, I think we are going to be feeling good come March.

I am telling you, if they look anything like what they looked like last weekend through half of these upcoming games, I think we are going to be feeling good come March.

Lets be clear that we are talking about the baseball team and not the basketball team. :)

Lets be clear that we are talking about the baseball team and not the basketball team. :)

Oh yes! If the baseball team looks as good in the upcoming games as I thought they did last weekend against Hofstra, then it should be a fun season.

does anyone know who the people are who are rving and tailgating for the baseball weekends? I want some food. :)

My mom went to Lipscomb. She said they typically have pretty good baseball teams. It is a Church of Christ school in nashville.

One funny thought about them... They have a Bison that their rival school (Belmont-a baptist school) paints every year... And one year one of the kids from my church that went to Auburn went up there to Lipscomb(His dad's Alma mater) and painted it Orange and Blue...

On a side note. His dad took off the head of the John the baptist statue at Belmont when he was in school and put it on a silver platter in front of Belmont's presidents house.

My mom went to Lipscomb. She said they typically have pretty good baseball teams. It is a Church of Christ school in nashville.

One funny thought about them... They have a Bison that their rival school (Belmont-a baptist school) paints every year... And one year one of the kids from my church that went to Auburn went up there to Lipscomb(His dad's Alma mater) and painted it Orange and Blue...

On a side note. His dad took off the head of the John the baptist statue at Belmont when he was in school and put it on a silver platter in front of Belmont's presidents house.

Yeah its a popular place with people from North Alabama. And they do have good baseball - like most schools around the south. How exactly do you "take off" the head of the statue?

I agree about the 25 cent hot dogs. I was dying to go to those games when I got down here and then last year they ended it. I even almost came down from Huntsville a few times on Tues. to go to games but I could never do it around school, baseball, or football spring training

I'm pissed about the 25-cent hotdog night STILL. I'm mostly upset because I always wanted to attempt the 9 hot dogs and 9 drinks in 9 innings, but i never had the cohones to do it.

does anyone know who the people are who are rving and tailgating for the baseball weekends? I want some food. :)

April 21st at 10:30 prior to the Alabama game!!!!!

AU Baseball Social :thumbsup:

The loss to Lipscomb did not bother me that much. Like it was said, they have a pretty good baseball team and their softball team is pretty tough also. No shame in taking a loss from a small school with great program like that. When I played JUCO baseball at Calhoun, we lost a couple to teams we should not have, but that is just baseball for ya. All it takes for your pitching to be off that day, because at any college level on any team, the hitting is good enough to pounce on bad pitching. It works the other away around also, a bad day of hitting can make a decent small school pitcher look like a pro. Throw in an untimely error or two, and even the best can be beat by the worst any given day, as it is in most sports, but especially in baseball.

Trust me, as a high school and college pitcher, I have had my share of making some real bad teams look real good when my stuff just was not working or I could not locate my pitches to save my life that day. Don't know a single pitcher that has never had a bad day on the mound.

• 2 weeks later...

First weekend of March, Arizona State comes to Auburn. I would say that after that first weekend of March, maybe the previous week in Mobile...at that point we will have a real idea about this team.

The Mobile "Round-Robin" is finished. After 11 games, our Tigers:

10 W - 1 L

Outscored opponents 107 - 41

12 HRs

97 RBIs

Pitchers have struck out 99 batters

Allowed 86 hits (41 runs)

Given up only 5 HRs

BRING ON ARIZONA STATE!!!!!

I think we have a decent team on our hands so far. All indications lead me to believe this will be a fun season.

Archived