Loss to Georgia?

GalensGhost

Not much else to say about that. The win over Alabama was a glimmer of hope, but it's been nothing but gloom since. Losing to a hobbled Georgia team is simply unacceptable.

If Auburn is going to pony up the money for a new arena, it can't look like monkey crap on the court. Win first, bring the fans back as a result and demonstrate why money should be spent on a basketball program. In the real world it's called merit.

I'm in a really foul mood, so that's all I'm going to say about this subject.

It's a team with promise, but needing a few more pieces. If it were next season, then I would be in the same boat. I can accept this for what it is at the moment.

Stay behind them. They play hard, but need to focus more at times.

It's a team with promise, but needing a few more pieces. If it were next season, then I would be in the same boat. I can accept this for what it is at the moment.

Stay behind them. They play hard, but need to focus more at times.

I agree. I really was not expecting much out of this season and I think the way we played early gave some of us, me included, thoughts of a possible Cinderella season. Now we are playing more like I expected from a team without any senior leadership. Hopefully all that experience the juniors and sophs are getting this year will translate into a much better year next year. I am still behind them and hope they can pull out a couple of big wins before the year is over, but they seem to not be playing with the same fire they did earlier in the year.

Yeah.....they do look out of it at times. Maybe they can get it together enough to win at least one more at UAT ;)

Yeah.....they do look out of it at times. Maybe they can get it together enough to win at least one more at UAT ;)

I'm sick of hearing how the loss was a "fluke" and how they've been "playing so much better" since AU stripped their manhood. I'd love to see another 20-point thrashing laid on their arrogant monkey asses. But I'm grudgingly preparing for the gloating to come. Because they're stupid like that. Win a game and smirk and gloat about being "back". Nothing makes me happier than wiping that smug punk look off their faces by rubbing their noses in their own arrogant excrement. I revel in the days when I don't have to say anything because I know they'll come mulling around with their faces downcast expecting me to say something -- but I don't, because not saying anything and letting them twist in the wind without the opening to start making excuses or babbling about some dreamed-of future win is even more cruel. And I enjoy the cruelty. On the inside I'm laughing and pointing. In my mind, I'm dancing about with glee, hooting at their misfortune. But I say nothing, I do nothing because that hurts them even more. It hurts them because they don't have the restraint to refrain from acting like a honking jackass whenever their pathetic team does anything. And they can't understand why I'm not giving it back. They are confused by class, confounded by decorum. So they fidget, twist and squirm. And when they finally can't take it any longer, they open the door themselves by making derisive remarks about their own team. And my silent laughter continues unabated.

As I am itching to embark on a viscious rant, but promised to do better for my health and sanity.... I'm walking away again.

Going into the season I was expecting us to barely get into the NIT. It's just hard when you have a team that shows so much intensity at the beginning of the SEC play and then just falls apart.... They have shown NO intensity since the 'bama game. The UF game really took it to them and I think they realized they were in over their heads. If they bring back the intensity... we win against most of the teams we have played since UF.

Not much else to say about that. The win over Alabama was a glimmer of hope, but it's been nothing but gloom since. Losing to a hobbled Georgia team is simply unacceptable.

If Auburn is going to pony up the money for a new arena, it can't look like monkey crap on the court. Win first, bring the fans back as a result and demonstrate why money should be spent on a basketball program. In the real world it's called merit.

:rant:

Thats a great attitude. Dont build a new arena. Dont invest in the basketball team. But dont expect to see any different results in the future, and expect another 100 years of basketball mediocrity (at best).

I dont know if you realize, but the reason this team isnt that good is because the players arent that great. They have a little talent, but it would take a coaching miracle to make these guys great. How many of these guys had you ever heard of before Auburn? For me- None. We arent getting good recruits at least not yet. And their is a height to everyones potential. The coach is severely limited in resources because of lack of fan support and poor facilities. I think Bama's student act that their students play on make our basketball facilities look like crap.

Take a look on the other side of the street at the baseball team. They were down and went through coaching changes. But they have what are probably the best facilities in the nation. Not only do they have a great ballpark and lockerroom but they have a freaking sports medicine building practically part of the stadium.

Not to mention they had some tradition and better fan support that the basketball team is lacking. As a result, the baseball team has brought in some of the best recruits in the country- many of them sophomores-Greinke, Burns, Bianucci, Crawford, Woodall (2 were Freshmen all americans)- and already what are shaping up to be several good freshmen.

:rant:

Thats a great attitude. Dont build a new arena. Dont invest in the basketball team. But dont expect to see any different results in the future, and expect another 100 years of basketball mediocrity (at best).

I wish I'd thought of this tactic with my bosses back in the day. "If you'll buy me a better chair, give me a nicer office, a new good-looking secretary, a juice allowance and a fat raise" then I'll start to perform better.

In the real world it works this way: Performance first, benefits as a result.

Kelvin Lewis was a top 150 player...

But I'm not really a big advocate of better facilities as much as I am with Fan support. As my Logics teacher said the other day... You have girl basketball recruit coming to visit Auburn with 2,500 fans and then goes up to Tenn. where they have 15,000 fans... Which will she choose? Tenn. of course. I think a young man or young woman would much rather have great fan support than they would new facilities.

Don't get me wrong. We NEED new facilities and NOW. Not for better recruits or the such... but because BEMC is a dump and needs much improvement for it to be "livable" Chairs are falling apart in there. Just a few games ago one of my friends (who is a small girl) sat down and the chair collapsed. From what I understand it has happened in quite a few places in the arena. The lighting is terrible... The outside looks like hell and the scoreboard is absurd. If you are gonna spend that much money on updating it. Why not spend the extra "little" bit to just build a new one. That will take up less room than the leviathan we have now. We really could use that space there as well. For parking or other purposes.

How does a thread that you started entitled "Loss to Georgia" turn into a diatribe about Alabama basketball and our fans?

A discussion of the disappearance of Marathon candy bars is desperately needed here.

I wish I'd thought of this tactic with my bosses back in the day. "If you'll buy me a better chair, give me a nicer office, a new good-looking secretary, a juice allowance and a fat raise" then I'll start to perform better.

I dunno, Google treats their employee's well, forces them to take multiple breaks from work and has great facilities that encourage creativity and the results are obvious. Perhaps the road runs both ways, yes, results should merit benefits, but could benefits not be a catalyst of results?

I dunno, Google treats their employee's well, forces them to take multiple breaks from work and has great facilities that encourage creativity and the results are obvious. Perhaps the road runs both ways, yes, results should merit benefits, but could benefits not be a catalyst of results?

I was gonna say the exact same thing. It seems to me that the best companies with the best benefits and jobs get the best employees? So in the world of college athletics the universities with the best to offer should get the best players.

For the first time inn a long while I have got to go with Galen on this. And before I start dont ever compare Baseball and Basketball one sport has been a good to great addition to our overall succes and the other completley brings us down. The baseball team has just had a slight drop but that is because we lost a legend. The basketball team has NEVER BEEN GOOD for more than one year at a time. The new arena will create buzz but if you look like we have in it the fans still will not come!!!!! My only hope is that the team or leadership changes the culture around basketball. This team needs HELP FAST. And if anyone could please shoot anyone who use the "were so young" line PLEASE!!!!!!! From me I am sick of hearing the young crap. Culture builds championships not arenas or weight rooms. IF the team sucks the new place will sit empty unitl a big concert comes in or we get to hoist up the ODK trophy.

Archived