B'ham News... uat bobo honkers

TDAuburn

I've been getting the B'ham News for years. I finally have had enough of their uat bias. I returned the subscription form with no check and wrote... "The bias for the University of Alabama, and against Auburn University, is not something I'm willing to pay for any longer. Please cancel my subscription." This morning delivery stopped... and just in time. A fellow AU fan here at work was telling me about the B'ham News sports section this morning... though I haven't seen it to confirm. Front page... big article on Saban's assistants, big article on fishing, big article on uat basketball, another article on the high school basketball playoffs. The article on Auburn's win over Arkansas... the Arkansas team that hammered uat twice?... Last frickin page. And uat's loss to TN ended later than AU's game... so we can't use the "earlier game gets the press" bull.

Sorry... had to vent.

I've been getting the B'ham News for years. I finally have had enough of their uat bias. I returned the subscription form with no check and wrote... "The bias for the University of Alabama, and against Auburn University, is not something I'm willing to pay for any longer. Please cancel my subscription." This morning delivery stopped... and just in time. A fellow AU fan here at work was telling me about the B'ham News sports section this morning... though I haven't seen it to confirm. Front page... big article on Saban's assistants, big article on fishing, big article on uat basketball, another article on the high school basketball playoffs. The article on Auburn's win over Arkansas... the Arkansas team that hammered uat twice?... Last frickin page. And uat's loss to TN ended later than AU's game... so we can't use the "earlier game gets the press" bull.

Sorry... had to vent.

Your buddy told you correctly ... AU victory over Arkansas was on page 8 (the last page in the sports section) ... this also ticks me off. After many years as a Bham News subscriber, my subscription will not be renewed either.

Emails, Emails, Emails

kingfish, I like that you were specific in your reasons for cancellation. That's the only way to get the message through to them.

TDAuburn, I hope you do the same when you cancel your subscription.

I gave up on the B'ham news back before we played in the Music City Bowl, 2003.

On Dec. 30th, just before I head out the door to make the drive to Nashville, I open the 'News' to check the big pre-game write up from the beat writers. Bama wasn't in a bowl game. (3-9, Shula's first year). So, the 'News' decided to make up a story.

3/4 of the first page were dedicated to the 25th anniversary of Bama (Bear Bryant) over Penn State. A little "wallet size" picture of Ben Obamanu sat in the bottom right corner. The write up was on page 3. IT WAS OUR GAMEDAY!!!!

Boo...

Your Bama bias has toppled into ridiculous territory.

Auburn beats the same Arkansas team that has pounded Bama twice this year, but you wouldn't know it unless you made it all the way to the last page of the Sports Section. This is just absurd. The big 1/2 page story is on Bassmaster practice? Then bordering one side we have the Alabama OT loss, and on the other is an editorial on Saban? The other two stories on the front page are for high school basketball? One being high school girls? So you have to flip through all 8 pages to get to the back where still the 1/2 page story is "Smith eyes team assist record" for Samford basketball?

Oh, there's a wallet-sized photo of Frank Tolbert. I guess Auburn did play a game afterall. And what do you know, they won.

You people are not running the Tuscaloosa newspaper.

It's time you look around the city of Birmingham to reevaluate your demographic.

The twenty-somethings who are populating the town are too young to remember the Bear and frankly could care less that he's buried here. Legion Field being Bama's second home is something none of us remember either.

Drive down 280 and see how many more Auburn stickers you see on cars. Your very own publication featured an article about the Auburn and Alabama license plates in Jefferson County . Auburn clearly outnumbered the Alabama license plates.

All I'm suggesting is that it would be in your best interest to at least appear more objective. Today's Sports Section is a clear indication that some changes need to be made for this to occur.

If you want a good unbiased paper to read, check out the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer. Thrusday's sports section was a half page on Braves spring training, and a large article on the Auburn win below it. Titled something like Tigers rebound from 4 losses to top arkansas.

If you want a good unbiased paper to read, check out the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer. Thrusday's sports section was a half page on Braves spring training, and a large article on the Auburn win below it. Titled something like Tigers rebound from 4 losses to top arkansas.

I'll second that.

Guest BoStillKnows

The Birmingham sports section is pathetic. A couple of years ago they printed that the NY Yankees lost a world series game which they had actually won.

I e-mailed them and Arenbama made some excuse about proof-reading the early edition. There is no excuse for that type of blunder.

I wish I had a dollar for every time they printed Saban over the last sixty days. I'm not sure Mellick can write about anthing else. At least Scarbinksy has written a little about UAB. :angry:

Any of you guys that live around Montgomery know about the Auburn bobo honking done by WSFA. Amazingly, it got even worse when Phil Snow retired.

I don't read the B'Ham News much, though. I can't make a call there either way.

Any of you guys that live around Montgomery know about the Auburn bobo honking done by WSFA. Amazingly, it got even worse when Phil Snow retired.

You guys are so used to the bammer knob slobbering done by most of the state media that the second someone shows a little balance, you think they're biased the other way.

The state's sa-bear appologist will be forced to write about AU Basketball TODAY!. Take heart in knowing how much it pains them to continue to prop up uat....in ALL Sports!

The term "BO BO Honking", at least on this board, refers ONLY to Bamars and their sycophants.... :)

:au::homer:

You guys are so used to the bammer knob slobbering done by most of the state media that the second someone shows a little balance, you think they're biased the other way.

If 80-20 is "a little balanced", then they are very balanced.

Have you ever seen it?

Did anybody find an article on Auburns baseball win yesterday? I could find UAT, UAB, Samford, and even Huntington, but no Auburn.

I had to go deep into the al.com website to find an article about the basketball game. Wasn't on the front page. Of course, :au: beating :ua: in anything these days is pretty much a given and thus not too newsworthy. Kind of like reporting that the sun did indeed rise this morning.

Didn't see anything on the baseball win.

If 80-20 is "a little balanced", then they are very balanced.

Have you ever seen it?

I lived in Montgomery for over 20 years and had relatives we visited in the B'ham area to contrast it with. They were much more balanced than 90% of the rest of this state's media. As I said, people are so conditioned to bammer getting the best coverage that when someone has the gall to give Auburn equal time or consideration, it feels like it's out of balance. And in a way I guess it is...when you're used to constant bammer bobo honking. Sort of like the way a hard-core liberal feels once he gets his nose out of the NY Times for a change. Takes a while to get adjusted to the corrected paradigm.

I take the Montgomery Advertiser. I do agree with you that they USED to cover Auburn more than Alabama. Times have changed though. Alabama gets much more space/coverage now. I'm not sure why. Except the Advertiser is just not the paper it used to be. In many ways. It now takes about 10 minutes to read. I skip so much of it. It's almost worth not subscribing to it anymore.

The Advertiser is a pathetic rag. If you're going to subscribe to a paper in this state, go with the Mobile Press-Register. I've always thought they had a thorough sports page.

I dunno about the Huntsville Times. The Florence Times-Daily isn't all that great, though.

The Advertiser is a pathetic rag. If you're going to subscribe to a paper in this state, go with the Mobile Press-Register. I've always thought they had a thorough sports page.

I dunno about the Huntsville Times. The Florence Times-Daily isn't all that great, though.

The Hunstville Times is balanced somewhat, even though it has the biggest Bama bobo honker in North Alabama, Paul Gattis. Thankfully Pruett is always a good read and Marshall is good about writing up Auburn and not honking the bobo.

Archived