Let me be the first to congratulate Jeff Lebo, the Auburn nation, and the Basketball team.

Legionfield

Congratulations Auburn. You did what I did not think you could do. You came in and hustled, played your butts off, and won in Coleman. Good Win!! You should be very proud of your Tigers and Coach Lebo. He has done a good job rebuilding the program. Our season looks to have imploded. I will be eating crow for breakfast tommorrow. Your team is full of hustlers and good players that play with heart. I wish I could say the same for us. Roll Tide.... :)

Thanks for owning up the your bold prediction, that's not something we see often.

The biggest issue with uat matching up with Auburn is that Auburn is a faster team. Alabama seems to struggle this year with guys that are just faster than they are. I don't think uat is done, but they have to shake off this loss.

I guess you're faster. Of course, my great-grandmother could hustle and be as fast as we are.

Lack of effort. Lack of discipline. Lack of talent (yes, I said it). If a track meet breaks out, then look out. If they're going to play basketball, Tuscaloosa Middle School has a damn good shot at knocking us off.

Auburn is a better basketball team and have pimpslapped Gottfried twice this year. I can't say that I'm going to lose any sleep over this one... I remember what happened to Shula when he lost to a certain school. Hopefully, CMG will meet the same fate.

surely you can't be ready to throw CMG under the bus. that's a little bit of an overreaction, IMO.

if the team comes out and wins 2-3 in the SEC, makes the NCAAs and wins 1 or 2 there...he'll be goldenboy again.

GL the rest of the way.

So, How is the Women's Gymnastics thing going these days?

Congratulations Auburn. You did what I did not think you could do. You came in and hustled, played your butts off, and won in Coleman. Good Win!! You should be very proud of your Tigers and Coach Lebo. He has done a good job rebuilding the program. Our season looks to have imploded. I will be eating crow for breakfast tommorrow. Your team is full of hustlers and good players that play with heart. I wish I could say the same for us. Roll Tide.... :)

Thanks, LF...but "hustlers"? :rolleyes:

:au::homer:

Well, the yearly "fire MG!" talk is starting up gain. Every year it seems like there is a point in the season that UAT fans praise him and then another point in the season that they want him gone. Has he ever had a consistent season at UAT either way?

I remember what happened to Shula when he lost to a certain school. Hopefully, CMG will meet the same fate.

Thanks for being the first uat fan to admit that Saban was hired to beat Auburn, and that beating Auburn is the #1 priority in all sports at uat.

I remember what happened to Shula when he lost to a certain school. Hopefully, CMG will meet the same fate.

Thanks for being the first uat fan to admit that Saban was hired to beat Auburn, and that beating Auburn is the #1 priority in all sports at uat.

Bingo! The "circle" is complete. ALL uat desires is to win ......ANYTHING .....against Auburn.

...to no avail.

Is beating Alabama not priority #1 at Auburn? Of course it is. That's what makes this rivalry so fierce.

Shula being unable to beat you guys certainly didn't help him. But let's not kid ourselves, he wasn't beating anybody. 1-3 vs Arkansas and Tennessee. 0-4 against LSU and Auburn. It wasn't just his Iron Bowl goose egg that earned him severance pay. I do think that if we had beaten Auburn in '06, that he would still be our coach, though.

Is beating Alabama not priority #1 at Auburn? Of course it is. That's what makes this rivalry so fierce.

I say that it is, but then it's been so long since we lost to y'all in anything, I can't really remember. :poke:

Shula being unable to beat you guys certainly didn't help him. But let's not kid ourselves, he wasn't beating anybody. 1-3 vs Arkansas and Tennessee. 0-4 against LSU and Auburn. It wasn't just his Iron Bowl goose egg that earned him severance pay. I do think that if we had beaten Auburn in '06, that he would still be our coach, though.

This just further proves my point. Lose to Mississippi State at home, but beat Auburn, and you are a good uat football coach, and worthy of keeping another year in spite of the obvious signs that he was not of the desired caliber.

I am one of those that has the 24/7-365 "BEAT BAMA" mentality.

Thanks, LF...but "hustlers"? :rolleyes:

:au::homer:

Let me re-phrase that. Guys that hustle.... B)

Archived