Arizona State

So the Arizona State series starts today.

They're a pretty tough team. They were pretty rude to our guys last year.

Hopefully we'll take that out on them this year.

:cheer:

i am hoping auburn seeks revenge after a beatdown last year. it will be a tough series. i don't expect either team to sweep the series though.

Aside from the South Alabama win, it's hard to find a quality win on Slater's 2007 resume. They'll come, but Auburn's been beating up on the weak sisters so far..

I think this game will put the guys back in their places. Arizona state is a good team. I think they average almost 12 runs a game so subracting the errors our pitching staff didnt do a bad job. We have to hit better though. All they did was keep us off balance with off speed and we never udjusted. They were just out in front of it over and over again. That is our main weakness: off speed. We seem to hit the fastball well.

Arizona state is an amazing bunting team. They put on a show out there.

And I think Bogany from LSU transfered to ASU and is playing centerfield. I really dont know why they wanted him though. Everytime I saw him last year, he really did nothing offensively besides the occasional home run. I think i saw his batting average was getting close to .200 tonight.

I think this game will put the guys back in their places. Arizona state is a good team. I think they average almost 12 runs a game so subracting the errors our pitching staff didnt do a bad job. We have to hit better though. All they did was keep us off balance with off speed and we never udjusted. They were just out in front of it over and over again. That is our main weakness: off speed. We seem to hit the fastball well.

Arizona state is an amazing bunting team. They put on a show out there.

And I think Bogany from LSU transfered to ASU and is playing centerfield. I really dont know why they wanted him though. Everytime I saw him last year, he really did nothing offensively besides the occasional home run. I think i saw his batting average was getting close to .200 tonight.

Bogany= very overhyped. LSU fans were really pumped about the potential of this guy.... then he actually got on drugs and couldn't make the grades at LSU :no: .

The team that I watched lose to Arizona St. last night 8-2 was not the same team I have seen in the previous games. Not even close. Sloppy instead of crisp. Errors instead of effort. Pop-up outs instead of base hits. Bad throws. Missed FLY BALLS due to calling a ball that was not yours to catch. Just a sloppy outing.

I don't think this had anything to do with Slater. I don't think it had anything to do with Arizona State even. I think our guys psyched themselves out somehow. They did not look good.

If the team from previous weeks shows up today, we will romp all over AZ St. If not, I don't know....

Anybody following the game today?

It looked like it was going to get real ugly when we were down 8-0 after 4 innings. Then we scored 7 runs in the bottom of the 5th.

This could get interesting.

8-7 ASU going to the bottom of the 6th.

3 run homer by Josh Donaldson in the 6th!!

There were 2 outs and nobody on. Got a single and then got hit by a pitch. Josh comes up and takes it out.

Can the broadcast be picked up on the internet?

Only if you pay for it. You can watch the live stats for free...that is it.

Click here Click on today's game then click "GameTracker."

BTW, Top of the 8th and Tigers lead 10-8. :thumbsup:

Only if you pay for it. But if you go to the baseball section of auburntigers.com you can find a live gametracker to follow the game.

Huge double play! ASU had the bases loaded with one out and we get them to ground into a DP. Bottom of the 8th coming up, AU leads 10-8.

Can the broadcast be picked up on the internet?

Only if you pay for it. You can watch the live stats for free...that is it.

Click here Click on today's game then click "GameTracker."

BTW, Top of the 8th and Tigers lead 10-8. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the information.

WAR EAGLE!!!

What an awesome game to be at. I missed the first half of the game watching/listening to the basketball game, but what I saw was amazing. Seeing the guys all pumped up was ausome. Donaldson is a great leader and it looked like he played a great game. Not only did he have the home run but he was blocking up everything behind the plate. We might see some inconsistentcy with the youth, but when they are fired up its fun to watch. Our pitching should at least give us a chance in every game.

It was a great game to be at for sure! A lot to be encouraged about with this group of guys!

Just got home from the HSV meet and greet and was eager to find out the score.

Great win of our guys today! It would be great if we could win tomorrow and take the series from a tough out of conference opponent.

anybody else at today's game notice that ASU's coach is a total douche

yea what could he have possibly disputing when the 3rd baseman dropped the ball? and how did he not get thrown out? and how did the catcher (#13) get away with throwing half of his gear on the field??

anybody else at today's game notice that ASU's coach is a total douche

yea what could he have possibly disputing when the 3rd baseman dropped the ball? and how did he not get thrown out? and how did the catcher (#13) get away with throwing half of his gear on the field??

Man i wish I could have seen that stuff. I was watching the basketball game for most of the game.

But i do know what he did in the bottom of the 6th was a complete douche bag move. I dont think Ive ever seen anyone do something like that.

First he lets his pitcher warm up before the inning. After the warm up, he comes out and replaces the centerfielder costing a few minutes with him running out there and the other guy coming in. Then he has a meeting at the mound. Then he finally replaces the pitcher.

Anyway I think doing that is a classless move.

Archived