Game thread

WarTiger

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how many team fouls did miss. have in the second half?? I would expect us to at least be in the bonus...

they had one to give before the last one, and the ref made the right call.

They didn't have that many fouls b/c the refs weren't calling them... like the foul on Dollard's dunk in the last minute. :angry:

I thought the refs tried to let them play in the last minute or so, which was odd because they called alot of cheap stuff on us diring most of the second half. Personally I also thought Dollard deserved an and 1 on the dunk and I thought there was a terrible no call on the last lob to Quan. If you can go back and look, you will see I believe it was 44 for Ole Miss preventing Quan from even getting off the floor by tying his arms up (hence the ball going untouched off the rim). Oh well. It is hard to blame the refs when all we had to do was slow down and let them foul us with a three point lead. I don't think Quan makes that mistake if Quantez is on the floor. I think he probably would have taken that rebound and looked for Quantez. Without him on the floor, Quan felt like he was the leader/hot hand and he just got a little sloppy. Can't fault the kid who kept you in it for the entire second half. Just unfortunate timing for a mistake. When he pulled that board down I was picturing that Western Division Champions banner up in the new arena... I guess I got a little ahead of myself (which made losing hurt all the more). At least baseball pulled of the big comeback.

When he pulled that board down I was picturing that Western Division Champions banner up in the new arena.

Nimsjus, I was thinking the same thing except all through the last 5 minutes after we took the lead. I got ahead of myself too. Quite possibly the worst call of the game was when Quan was taking the ball down the court and Abernathy tried to foul him 3-4 times but the refs just stood there. Had they called the foul we would have gotten to take it out of bounds (not in bonus) and gotten it into the hands of Reed who's the better ball handler. Oh well, some calls go your way, some don't.

This team plays with heart and hustle. BUT, they can get sooooo out of control at times.

Yep. Up by three, less than a minute to play and on a three on two break... if we pull up and back out instead of trying to force the issue, UM eventually has to foul and the game is over. O.V.E.R. Made me want to cuss. I hate Ole Miss about as much as I hate Alabama.

Archived