SEC Basketball Tournament

iam4LSU08

alot of good teams playing some really good basketball right now. It should be a fun four days in the Georgia Dome. Thoughts?

E3 Tennessee

W6 LSU (winner plays W2 Ole Miss)

W4 Auburn (winner plays E1 Florida)

E5 Georgia

W3 Arkansas

E6 S.CAR (winner plays E2 Vanderbilt)

E4 Kentucky (winner plays W1 Miss. State)

W5 Alabama

alot of good teams playing some really good basketball right now. It should be a fun four days in the Georgia Dome. Thoughts?

E3 Tennessee

W6 LSU (winner plays W2 Ole Miss)

W4 Auburn (winner plays E1 Florida)

E5 Georgia

W3 Arkansas

E6 S.CAR (winner plays E2 Vanderbilt)

E4 Kentucky (winner plays W1 Miss. State)

W5 Alabama

I'm excited. We lucked out with today's 'Bama loss. The Tigers match up better against Georgia than Kentucky. An opening round win would suffice before the obligatory date with the Gators.

See you at the Dome.

I won't say that I was rooting for Bama, but I will say that I wanted to be the 5 seed and get a chance to avoid UF in the second round if we were to win against UGA. Oh well, championships aren't won by averting the good teams. They are won by beating them.

The three teams playing on day 1 that I think have a chance to make a run in the tourney are UT, Auburn, and UK.

UT is playing as well as anyone in the conference right now and can beat both LSU and Ole Miss.

Auburn has been playing pretty well over the past two weeks and would have had a 1st round bye had we not shot ourselves in the foot yesterday. The Gators did demolish us by 25 in Beard Eaves so they'd have to have an off day for us to have a shot at an upset. That being said I think we can take UGA in a rematch assuming we don't have 5 players foul out.

UK has a shot b/c they get a reeling Bammer team and historically the Cats do well in the SEC tourney. If they get by the Tide, then they'll face a team they already beat once this season in MSU.

As far as the teams getting the first round bye, obviously Florida will be the favorite. Vandy and MSU have a decent shot to win their first game and make the seminfinals, but I wouldn't be surprised to see any of the other three teams besides Florida be a one and done.

You have to be happy with the fact that we are playing Georgia rather than Kentucky. Georgia is bigger but we still match up much better with them than we do with Kentucky, especially on a neutral floor. It will be interesting to see how this tourney goes.

18 wins looks better than 17 for NIT selection, of course we could alwyas win the tourney and go the NCAA route ;)

Archived