ESPN covers the tigers...

Yeah, I read that earlier tonight on baseballamerica.com, which is basically what ESPN uses for the college baseball coverage, so I recommend cutting out the middle man and go straight to their site. If you go there you will also see this nice little slam at UAT:

Q: Shane from Nashville asks:

When do we start to see the love for Alabama. Your the only poll that does not have them in the top 30. With a 3 Game set with Nebraska looming this weekend, and should we take 2 of 3, there is no reason Bama shouldn't be ranked.

A:

Aaron Fitt: Alabama is on the radar because of its 12-2 record, but the Crimson Tide has played exactly one game against a quality team (Troy) and they lost it. We typically reward teams that have proven themselves against better competition early in the season.

And you will also see this little barb at the ASU coach's (Pat Murphy) whining:

Q: k mearig from juneau, ak asks:

You guys were pretty gentle with ASU despite their first series loss of the year, so were there some positive things you saw in the Auburn series? From what I watched and read of the games it seemed like a couple flukebad plays and coaching misjudgments cost the devils an easy series win if not a sweep. Will the tough losses be good for ASU like they were a couple years ago, or is the inconsistency a bad sign?

A:

Aaron Fitt: Sorry for the delay between questions -- just got a call from Pat Murphy, who reports there was some fishy umpiring down in Auburn this weekend... to answer your question, it sounds like it was a combination of fluke defensive plays, questionable calls by the umpires and Auburn's resilience that led to Arizona State's fall this weekend. I wouldn't put too much stock in it. And if Jason Jarvis gets ruled eligible soon, that will help alleviate some of ASU's pitching questions.

Fitt does a great job as a college baseball analyst. Sometimes I don't agree with him but I never always agree with anybody. He actually predicted us to pull the upset and take the series from ASU this weekend.

For anybody that loves to follow high school and college baseball like I do, I recommend subscriptions to both Baseball America and a nice little amatuer baseball newspaper called Collegiate Baseball Newspaper.

Archived