NIT Seeds, as projected.

DKW 86

In NCAA Tournament as at larges if they needed them (46)

-- multi-bid conferences:

sec (5): florida, kentucky, tennessee, vanderbilt, arkansas

I don't see Arkansas getting in.

I find it crazy that Alabama is still a 1 seed. They have fallen FAST. I don't have a problem with them getting in the tourny, but a #1 seed?

I wouldn't say fallen fast. Our game before the MSU loss we beat Ole Miss. And the home game before that we beat Kentucky.

And remember, the NIT gives home court advantage until the later rounds.

I wouldn't say fallen fast. Our game before the MSU loss we beat Ole Miss. And the home game before that we beat Kentucky.

Yeah, and we beat ya'll. On your court. And were close to beating Ole Miss on their court. If UAT's a #1, we're better than a #7.

Yeah, and we beat ya'll. On your court. And were close to beating Ole Miss on their court. If UAT's a #1, we're better than a #7.

I'd agree with that.

So If we get in as a 7 seed. we would or wouldn't get a home court game?

To my understanding, not likely. The 1's get the 8's, 2's get the 7's, 3's get the 6's, and 4's get the 5's. The higher seed plays at home in the first three rounds, I believe, before it moves to New York for the "Final Four". 5 rounds and 32 teams total. The only way we get a home game is in the 3rd round if we meet an 8 seed.

http://www.nit.org/

Am I the only one who wants a piece of FSU this year? They are projected as a #1 seed.

Toney Douglas' dad, here we come. I've got no beef with Toney Douglas, I just wish he'd have stayed. It'd be sweet to let Dwayne Reed shut him down for 40 minutes.

Unfortunately, I don't think we will get an NIT spot. According to this guys updated brackets, AU is on the out.

Archived