UGA IN FOR A LONG SEASON

KENNESAW STATE EDGES GEORGIA 3-2

MSU RALLYS PAST JACKSONVILLE STATE 11-9

#17 KENTUCKY THROTTLES CINCINNATI 21-7

#16 OLE MISS BEATS AUSTIN PEAY 4-3

#13 UAT HOSTS TENNESSEE TECH

great job on staying on top of the baseball scene. I try to do my part as well to assist. thanks for keeping us updated..

You may be right but they are 3-8 at home 4-8 overall. They have wins against Winthrop (1) Purdue (2) and Mercer (1). They were swept by Oregon St and USC in Athens, though those are no slouches.

I hope they do well this year except against Auburn. I want the SEC to rock. But, things are a bit bumpy right now for the Dawgs.

Oh my, if you think our season is "over" because of this game, you have not paid attention to UGA baseball under Perno.

Perno has this knack of getting UGA on a serious roll when we need to.

2003 has us losing to Georgia Southern, UNC Wilmongton, and I think East Carolina and others...yet we ran up and made the CWS.

Will UGA do well this year? Not sure....but I dont think our season is even remotely over

Can't wait to see what excuse BG3 comes up with for UAT losing yet another game to a team they should have beat.

SL, he did not say the UG season is over, just that they were in for a long season. Going by UG's record, I don't think that is an unfair statement to make. UG has already been swept in two series...against Oregon State and USC. The USC series was a tough series with a ranked team like ours was with Arizona St., but you have to use a series like that to measure where your program stands outside the conference, and so UG is not looking real good right now. A team needs the confidence to know they can beat non-conference ranked opponent when the CWS rolls around. Getting swept in two non-conference series does not help that confidence level. But, by no means is anybody's season over with yet. As you pointed out, UG turned their season around after a tough start in 2003.

When you see multiple losses to weaker programs like UG, UAT, LSU, and UT have had already this year, it does make me wonder if the SEC is going to have a down year. But, the main reason for the pre-conference season is to expose your weak areas and get them fixed before conference play starts. Some teams are able to do that and go on to have a great conference season and then others just never can get it right. There is 9 days left until conference play starts and the teams mentioned above still seem to have some problems they need to solve or as the topic of this thread stated, they will be in for a long season.

Oh my, if you think our season is "over" because of this game, you have not paid attention to UGA baseball under Perno.

Perno has this knack of getting UGA on a serious roll when we need to.

2003 has us losing to Georgia Southern, UNC Wilmongton, and I think East Carolina and others...yet we ran up and made the CWS.

Will UGA do well this year? Not sure....but I dont think our season is even remotely over

I never said nor thought it was over and no I haven't paid attenton to UGA baseball under Patrino...er, Paterno...uh, Perno. :poke: Just saying it looks like it will be a long season if they don't get it straight.

Again, I hope UGA does well. I like UGA. I want the SEC to be well represented in the CWS this year.

Everyone else (especially uat) sounds like they're having a season as bad or worse than ours last year.

Looks like we'll be sitting pretty high in the SEC this year.

Can't wait to see what excuse BG3 comes up with for UAT losing yet another game to a team they should have beat.

It was cold outside, with practically no moisture. The ball was so dry that Bubba "Tank" Cooter-Bob Smith couldn't get any movement on his slider. He's also been battling a nasty blister/hang-nail on his pitching index finger. Once he heals (read: touches Saban's cloak), he'll be back on top of the SEC and Bama will be "BACK" again.

Does that work for you?

The USC series was a tough series with a ranked team like ours was with Arizona St., but you have to use a series like that to measure where your program stands outside the conference, and so UG is not looking real good right now. A team needs the confidence to know they can beat non-conference ranked opponent when the CWS rolls around. Getting swept in two non-conference series does not help that confidence level. But, by no means is anybody's season over with yet. As you pointed out, UG turned their season around after a tough start in 2003.

As long as we improve before SEC schedules begin, I will be happy.

Just getting into the post-season would be a success as Perno does a solid job away from Athens.

I really don't think the first 10 games mean much. They never have under Perno.

Congrats to the Dawgs. I hope it was just Georgia being streaky and not a problem with the Tigers. I know that missing a player as key as Bianucci can be a problem in a game here and there, but someone should be able to step up in that sort of situation. The difference in good teams and CWS type teams is the CWS type teams over aren't hamstringed by missing one player. And before anyone thinks I am throwing the Tigers under the bus after one series, I'm not. This is a long season and this gave the Tigers something to work on. I have no doubt that the team will rebound and work on their weaknesses.

Congrats to the Dawgs. I hope it was just Georgia being streaky and not a problem with the Tigers. I know that missing a player as key as Bianucci can be a problem in a game here and there, but someone should be able to step up in that sort of situation. The difference in good teams and CWS type teams is the CWS type teams over aren't hamstringed by missing one player. And before anyone thinks I am throwing the Tigers under the bus after one series, I'm not. This is a long season and this gave the Tigers something to work on. I have no doubt that the team will rebound and work on their weaknesses.

Bingo!

Could not have said it any better. One player should not make that big of a difference.

Archived