Game thread - UGA

WarTiger

65-50 8:43 to play...we are turning the ball over too much and Georgia is hitting their shots....

65-52

one thing about this team is they never stop playing. We just need more experience and a big man and we could be a pretty good team..

Agreed, we just need to start giving this team and for alot of Auburn fans the "sport of Auburn Basketball" more love. If you look at how loved and admired the football team and most years the baseball team are you will see what Auburn Basketball needs the most!

I have to go throw up now... worst performance by the roundball team I've seen this year. Poor shooting, bad defense, no pressure, you name it, we sucked in EVERY facet of the game.

This team can no longer be referred to as young. For the last few games of this season, they have had 2 full seasons of play. So they are experienced. Except for this game, they played really well at the end of this season. Maybe Lebo can find that last piece of the puzzle that will get this team over the hump. They made great strides this year to be competitive, now they have to WIN. Maybe a huge center would do the trick :poke: .

Team Roster we only have 4 juniors on the team and no seniors this team is still "young" watch for next year to finally be the break out year for Lebo if we are able to keep everyone around.

Sorry, but this team is still considered very young. I was not expecting a lot from them before the season started and they overachieved at times, so I am proud of them. I think next year we will see a much better team. Lebo has this team heading the the right direction.

Sorry, but this team is still considered very young. I was not expecting a lot from them before the season started and they overachieved at times, so I am proud of them. I think next year we will see a much better team. Lebo has this team heading the the right direction.

I agree. We are still young. We could not break the zone and we couldn't get anything to drop shooting. If we woudln't have shot so poorly and rebounded better on the offense end, we would have been ok.

Poor shooting, poor defense, and lame officiating all led to a quick 2007 SEC tourney for Auburn. I definitely think Lebo has the team headed in the right direction and will be looking forward to the NIT and next year.

It was tough to be there. Josh Dollard finally played all out.

I think next year will be a fun year. They need to work on those turnovers. If we don't turn the ball over to the 20 times this game and keep it around 15 we win (along with a couple of others)...

On a side note... Officiating has been horrendous throughout college basketball ALL year. Something needs to be done about it now. Whether it be limiting the crews to 3-4 games a week instead of 5-6 games or whatever you can think of... it needs to be done.

Officiating has been horrendous throughout college basketball ALL year. Something needs to be done about it now.

I think we should sick a Bugg on them.

I got last second FREE tickets to the game last night so I took my 5 yr old to his first AU basketball game. Geez Louise that was ugly! Oh well, Coach Lebo is obviously heading in the right direction. AUburn will be in contention next year.

Once UGA took the lead and pulled way ahead, we turned to nachos and dip-n-dots icecream to sooth the heartache. Fun times.

War Eagle!

Oh, by the way --- there were just as many AUburn fans there (if not more) as UGA fans. You would have thought it being in ATL it would have been packed with Bulldawg lovers, but no.

Poor shooting, poor defense, and lame officiating all led to a quick 2007 SEC tourney for Auburn. I definitely think Lebo has the team headed in the right direction and will be looking forward to the NIT and next year.

I hate fans...blaming the officiating is really getting old people. Those that complain about it have likely never done it. 98% of fans that complain about officiating wouldn't last a half on a youth league game, much less higher competition....

The youth and inexperience of this team showed big time in the final two games, the loss to Ole Miss and UGA. Half the TOs made were just flat out from inexperience. They will be much better next year and hopefully Lebo can land a big time Center in this recruiting class!!

Archived