lsu woman's b-ball coach

bellefay1

Thats just weird, must not be enough corn dogs in LSU hahaha

I don't know. May be a sign of corndog abuse.

This is not the only thing against her.

Let's just say she also had some improper contact with some recruits....and I don't mean contact in a sexual way like the OTHER thing against her with players

Geezzz

Too bad for the LSU program. Why do people do things like that when they know people will find out. I feel sorry for the players.

Sorry for our boys losing tonight against UGA> War Eagle anyway.

Man, her nickname couldn't be more wrong for a situation such as this.

Guest BoStillKnows

It's her legal name now...she changed it in 2004...I guess she earned it from her nickname.

Significant Individual Notes:

-- Pokey Chatman is aiming to become the first-ever first-year head coach to win the women's NCAA title. Carolyn Peck guided Purdue to the 1999 NCAA championship in her second year as a head coach. Peck also remains the only African-American to win the NCAA women's crown.

-- Pokey Chatman is just the second-ever former Kodak All-American to also guide a team as a head coach to a Final Four, joining Marianne (Crawford) Stanley of Immaculata. Chatman was a 1991 Kodak All-American at LSU, while Stanley was a member of the inaugural 1975 Kodak team and later coached Old Dominion to the 1983 and 1985 Final Four, winning the NCAA title on her second attempt.

-- Pokey Chatman legally changed her name to 'Pokey' during the 2004 summer after being promoted to head coach. She was born Dana M. Chatman on June 18, 1969. 'Pokey' was a nickname she received as a child and has always answered to.

Pokey Link

Man, her nickname couldn't be more wrong for a situation such as this.

You put your right hand in, you take your right hand out. You put your right hand in and shake it all about.

Do the Pokey Pokey and turn yourself around. That's what it's all about.

Did anybody else hear Paul Finebaum talking about this today? I swear, he was drooling on the microphone. He said he gets off on that woman-on-woman action. If he said once that he didn't know how to talk about this, he must have said it a million times. And he took about 2 hours to say that. He wants to know if there's a double standard in sports between men and women? Where have you been the last 30 years, Paul? He also doesn't think that ESPN will cover it much, because, and you'll love this - there are so many lesbians in power at ESPN. But, he isn't sure if he can use the word "lesbian" on the air. So to make sure, he used it about every other word. To check, I guess.

Before you ask, I'm heterosexual, but this just rubbed me the wrong way.

Compare:

1. the fallout and national sports media furor a couple years ago over the male college swim coach having concensual sex w/ an over 18 female swimmer and

2. the dismissive attitude toward Pokey's (presumably) consensual lesbian sex w/ an over 18 female basketball player

Compare:

1. the fallout and national sports media furor a couple years ago over the male college swim coach having concensual sex w/ an over 18 female swimmer and

2. the dismissive attitude toward Pokey's (presumably) consensual lesbian sex w/ an over 18 female basketball player

Double standard.

is this going to cost Pokey her career? will someone else take a chance on hiring her or has she gone too far?

There's nothing wrong with having a lesbian relationship with someone you are acquainted with professionally.

Regards,

The Carolina Panthers Cheerleaders.

There's nothing wrong with having a lesbian relationship with someone you are acquainted with professionally.

Regards,

The Carolina Panthers Cheerleaders.

I'm so glad I just put down my water. My keyboard thanks you.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived