arkansas is in...

WarTiger

have to say i'm cracking up that uat didn't make it....from a #5 ranking early in the season to NOT making the tourney.... Hilarious...

Why should UK not be in the Dance, they are no more deserving than 18-12 Stanford. It is funny to see Bama not make the Tourney after a few absolutes from our crimson pals on this board.

I dont know about RPI and SOS, but I would take Ole Miss and Miss St over UK having seen all play multiple times. I would at least call them equals, but I realize the SEC cannot have 7 teams in this year. Just a shame for those other two teams who had pretty good years and didn't make the tourney while teams like UK, UT, and Vandy are not obviously better. I think the west proved in the SEC tourney that it was not vastly inferior to the east. I would give Arky, State, and OM a shot against teams like Duke that got a six seed for being Duke or a Kentucky team that got in period for being Kentucky. There is just alot of parody in college bball when the best players go pro from high school. That leaves college programs scrapping for players that all have relatively the same talent. I can't wait to see the new SEC/Big East challenge next year. I think the SEC will show that it is just as good, top to bottom, as the conference that was built to dominate college basketball.

Wow, I was really wrong about Arkansas. Hope they go far.

I dont know about RPI and SOS, but I would take Ole Miss and Miss St over UK having seen all play multiple times. I would at least call them equals, but I realize the SEC cannot have 7 teams in this year. Just a shame for those other two teams who had pretty good years and didn't make the tourney while teams like UK, UT, and Vandy are not obviously better. I think the west proved in the SEC tourney that it was not vastly inferior to the east. I would give Arky, State, and OM a shot against teams like Duke that got a six seed for being Duke or a Kentucky team that got in period for being Kentucky. There is just alot of parody in college bball when the best players go pro from high school. That leaves college programs scrapping for players that all have relatively the same talent. I can't wait to see the new SEC/Big East challenge next year. I think the SEC will show that it is just as good, top to bottom, as the conference that was built to dominate college basketball.

Parody? I believe the word is 'parity.' As for the Wildcats, even though they were 0-6 against the Top 50, they were in the top 10 in both RPI and SOS. Besides, those other Wildcats (Villanova) will beat them in the first round.

The East was much stronger than the West this year...if Arkansas doesn't make the finals of the SECT, I don't think they get in.

Ole Miss and Mississippi State didn't deserve to be in over Kentucky or any of the East teams that made it.

The East had 4 teams over .500 in league play. The West... none. Arkansas beat VU by a basket in the tourney and MSU beat UK by a bizarre turn of events in the tourney. MSU and OM didn't play much of anybody OOC while UK, UT, and VU all stepped up to the plate and played big time opponents OOC. That's why the Magnolia state schools are sitting at home right now. As for Arky, they got hot at the right time and won 5 games in a row towards the end of the season.

All in all, I just hope the SEC has a respectable showing. However, looking at the bracket, it looks like only UF will automatically advance past the 2nd round. All the other teams have a tough path if they want to make it to the Sweet 16.

My apologies on the "Parody" spelling. I even asked a friend and they agreed. As for Kentucky and the East for that matter being vastly superior, I think you guys are wrong. I understand what you are saying about division records, and blah blah blah, but the teams from the west proved they could beat any team from the east on any given night. I will give it to you that the east was the tougher division over the course of the season. Where I disagree is when you guys try to say that UT and UK are light years ahead of teams like State, Ark, and Ole Miss. If I inferred(sp?) that I thought they should get in the toruney over those teams I never meant to. I was just trying to say that I personally think the are comparable(sp?) teams, which I think was proven when State beat UK on a neutral court, and Arky made a run to the conference finals(not to mention last place LSU taking out one of those superior tournament teams from the east in the opening round). All I am arguing is that saying UK and UT are obvously deserving tourney teams and then following that by saying State/Ole Miss/Ark are clearly not tourney material(not even bubble material) seems slightly off base having seen all the teams play. I think the same concept can be applied to the NIT when looking at Auburn. Are we really that much worse than State/Ole Miss/UGA/UA that we didn't deserve to be in the NIT? Not really. The problem is they have to draw the line somewhere and they have other conferences involved. I don't really know how they differentiated us and UAT because we finished with the better conference standing and beat them twice. It is all about what sounds better and not who is better. I have no doubt that Auburn is a better team than South Alabama also, but they too are in the NIT and we are not. We beat them by 10-20 points in Auburn during December(around the time we were playing so poorly we lost to Southern Miss). Such is life.

Going 0-5 against teams from Mississippi as well as 0-6 against the other three SEC teams with similar records (UGA, OM, MSU) is what hurt us the most. I think we deserved to play in the NIT, but on the other hand I can see why we were left out. I won't say maybe next year b/c next year I hope we can come together and make it to the Big Dance.

Archived