Why Montgomery Advertiser Is Far Superior To Al.Com's Rags

Montgomery Advertiser has two articles on the Purdue series sweep (here and here).

Then there's AL.com's Auburn baseball page.

B'ham News & Mobile Press-Register still haven't written anything AU baseball related since the Arizona series last weekend. The Huntsville times has an article on Saturday's win, and also mentions Saturday's game in an Alabama schools baseball/softball roundup.

To be fair, The Birmingham News had a blurb on the sweep of Purdue on page 8 of the sports section today. Apparently a UAT invitation to the NIT is front-page news, though.

However, that doesn't change the fact that the Montgomery Advertiser is a much better fish-wrapper.

To be fair, The Birmingham News had a blurb on the sweep of Purdue on page 8 of the sports section today. Apparently a UAT invitation to the NIT is front-page news, though.

However, that doesn't change the fact that the Montgomery Advertiser is a much better fish-wrapper.

Ah, well none of that's on AL.com.

I think I will give the the AL.com "rags" from other parts of the state the benefit of the doubt here. Most of them have some other things to cover. Montgomery has nothing to cover sports wise because it's universities all have terrible sports programs. It also happens to be the most pro Auburn metro in the state because of its location. Huntsville also has very little to cover this time of year also, which is probably why you saw an article there. I cannot defend the Bham news because we all know that their proximity to T-town and long list of pro-bama journalists explains why there was no article there(we are lucky to get our football team covered there). As for the Mobile Press Register, They have South Alabama to cover. USA made the NIT yesterday and they have a very successful baseball team as well. The Press Rgister did run an article on all of the basketball teams in the state(even ours that did not accomplish a thing yesterday). This was a pretty hectic bball weekend(as will be the next few weeks). Once the bball is over, I think all of the states papers will give college baseball, and particular the highly ranked Tigers, a little more space.

I think I will give the the AL.com "rags" from other parts of the state the benefit of the doubt here. Most of them have some other things to cover. Montgomery has nothing to cover sports wise because it's universities all have terrible sports programs. It also happens to be the most pro Auburn metro in the state because of its location. Huntsville also has very little to cover this time of year also, which is probably why you saw an article there. I cannot defend the Bham news because we all know that their proximity to T-town and long list of pro-bama journalists explains why there was no article there(we are lucky to get our football team covered there). As for the Mobile Press Register, They have South Alabama to cover. USA made the NIT yesterday and they have a very successful baseball team as well. The Press Rgister did run an article on all of the basketball teams in the state(even ours that did not accomplish a thing yesterday). This was a pretty hectic bball weekend(as will be the next few weeks). Once the bball is over, I think all of the states papers will give college baseball, and particular the highly ranked Tigers, a little more space.

The Montgomery Advertiser is NOT pro-Auburn. The reporting is more balanced than other papers in the state, I'll give you that. But, believe me, the sports news is not slanted towards Auburn. Auburn and SPUAT get about equal coverage, maybe a bit more toward Alabama - a lot more in football season.

Montgomery Advertiser has two articles on the Purdue series sweep (here and here).

Then there's AL.com's Auburn baseball page.

B'ham News & Mobile Press-Register still haven't written anything AU baseball related since the Arizona series last weekend. The Huntsville times has an article on Saturday's win, and also mentions Saturday's game in an Alabama schools baseball/softball roundup.

Mobile Press-Register had an article on sports page 2 about baseball on i think Saturday, and they had 2 articles front page of the sports section yesterday. 1 on AU swimming/diving and an article about AU's scrimmage and some quotes from CTT.

The Montgomery Advertiser is NOT pro-Auburn. The reporting is more balanced than other papers in the state, I'll give you that. But, believe me, the sports news is not slanted towards Auburn. Auburn and SPUAT get about equal coverage, maybe a bit more toward Alabama - a lot more in football season.

I'm partial to the Press Register(being from Mobile and all) and I think it is pretty balanced with regards to sports. Since coming to Auburn, all I can find around here are the Bham News and the Advertiser. I think the Advertiser is the worst of the three papers overall(Sports, local, front page etc-just my opinion). From what I read it seems a little pro Auburn(not like OA News or anything, but slight lean). I feel like the Bham News is the most pro bama of all the papers in the state outside of Tuscaloosa. I think the Press Register is pretty balanced on the big schools and it still gives a decent ammount of coverage to USA(the home team) and all the other smaller schools too(Troy, UAB, etc). Just a personal opionion though.

Mobile Press-Register had an article on sports page 2 about baseball on i think Saturday, and they had 2 articles front page of the sports section yesterday. 1 on AU swimming/diving and an article about AU's scrimmage and some quotes from CTT.

Again...

Again...

i know....afaik AL.com isn't an exact copy of everything the press-register has, so i wouldn't go solely on that. the press register is pretty balanced though, but you should see the sports sound off every day. you would think someone posted the number on this board or something ;)

Archived