VMI Game 2

Wow. What an incredibly awesome yet boring game. Just got back. VMI can flat out hit. We ended up with the high in hits but i know they had several walks and hit batters and hardly any K's.

Several big hits with 1 out in the bottom of 9. Spruill doubled. Stringer walked. Greinke singled. Both advanced on a wild pitch and good base running to scoring position. Joe Sanders doubled down the line in left tying it up. Donaldson did the rest with a walk off bomb.

Do you guys tink like me that this team is going to be a very tough out for ANYBODY this year. They have come back more times already this season as they have the past three years. The mid-week pitchers are a bit suspect but even then they have been spot on for the most part. If they keep this run going the CWS is not out of the picture. Think about this We have not lost back to back games all year. We just split with a top 30 VMI that is ALWAYS a tough game. We took the series from the top 10 ASU sundevils ad are now in the top 10 going in to SEC play. I am very excited and cant wait to see what happens in the rest of the season!

It was a great comeback. I thought the Tigers played a little soft yesterday eve. No emotion. That changed tonight in the 8th! Great win!

Bring on the Pups!

Do you guys tink like me that this team is going to be a very tough out for ANYBODY this year. They have come back more times already this season as they have the past three years. The mid-week pitchers are a bit suspect but even then they have been spot on for the most part. If they keep this run going the CWS is not out of the picture. Think about this We have not lost back to back games all year. We just split with a top 30 VMI that is ALWAYS a tough game. We took the series from the top 10 ASU sundevils ad are now in the top 10 going in to SEC play. I am very excited and cant wait to see what happens in the rest of the season!

I think I agree except about the mid-week pitching. Taylor Thompson was the biggest recruit in the state and is a stud. In the 2 Mid-week losses he pitched 4.2 innings giving up 2 ER and 5.1 innings giving up 2 ER. I wouldnt call that suspect in college baseball. In those 2 losses the opposition scored 4 and 7 runs respectively. A descent team should be expected to score at least 5 in a college baseball game. I wouldnt blame the pitching for those losses. It was hitting. 2 runs and 3 runs in those 2 games. Other than the relief pitching in the last 2 games (which I think may be just getting a little tired) the pitching has been there. Hitting has been some what inconsistent, but it seems that the young guys at the bottom of the lineup are on the right track of improvement. We scored 10 runs today with Bianucci going 0 for and several non regulars playing and a few changes made during the game.

I think Georgia should be a good team to start the SEC lineup. Get a few wins under the belt B) sorry slink.

Sorry about the length. I get bored.

It was indeed a fantastic game. My mother came into town and saw her first Auburn baseball game tonight. She is now hooked for life. :cheer::cheer:

I am concerned with the fact that our team looked basically mediocre (if not lackluster) for 7 innings, then decided to play and looked awesome. The pitching was never that great all night, but it was OK. But there was a spark in about the 7th inning.

I hope that is not a pattern. Slater said on the radio post-game that he was not happy. I would not be either. This was a great one for the fans, but I bet the team is getting a hardcore chewing out sometime very soon.

I'm glad we didn't drop two straight heading into SEC play this weekend. Great win for the Tigers.

Archived