UGA Game 3

Yea it is. Allows the them to pitch around Donaldson. We also need Andy Bennett to start swinging the bat better.

Now 4-2 UGA in the top of the 5th

still 4-2 headed to the top of the 7th. Brett Butts came in in the bottom of the 6th and got us out of a jam that might have put the game away for UGA.

We gotta get the offense to wake up. Hopefully this is just an effect of Bianucci being out of the lineup and not a sign of bigger problems.

Man on 2nd and one out. Donaldson up to bat and they are intentionally walking him. Big surprise there. Hopefully Ryan Stanley can come through...what a bad time for Biannucci to come down with the flu.

Hopefully this is just an effect of Bianucci being out of the lineup and not a sign of bigger problems.

It's a bit concerning that one guy out of the line-up an hurt us this much. I know it hurts some and a team will lose a game now and then with a key player out but it shouldn't be this big of an issue. We need another guy to be able step up in situations like this.

GameTracker is much better than the program Georgia uses. It gives you more info on what's going on at the moment...more up to date...

Suffice to say, we are getting better

lol I was wondering if you would have a comment about this series. IF I had had the conversation you had with Ranger, I wouldn't have been able to resist!

Thanks for showing us some mercy

If we don't make it to the freaking SEC tournament this year and this guy is not gone, it says that the Auburn administration doesn't give a rip about baseball. We have not been to the SEC tournament in three seasons. First SEC series of the year and we get swept. It's starting to look like last year.

Something is definitely not right when we can play like gangbusters before the SEC season starts, take a series against a team like Arizona St., but then get swept by a team like Georgia that had a pathetic pre-SEC record.

It should not matter if we are missing one player or not because if we are relying on one player then we are not the same team I saw before this series. One player should not make that much difference on a baseball team. One player can't be responsible for all the hits, getting on base, and the RBIs.

Kudos for Georgia making me eat some crow. If this is how we handle a series with a team that only had five wins going into the series, what does that mean for the rest of the season. I know there is alot of baseball left to play and I am one of the biggest anti-doom and gloomers there is, but given our past two season in SEC play and they way the SEC season has started after everything looking like it was moving in the right direction, I can't help but be a little skeptical right now. I am far from throwing in the towel, because I have never been a defeatist and I never will be. I am hoping that Coach Slater can get this team re-focused and we can play like we did before this series started. They have already showed the are a team with great potential, so it is not a talent issue.

PowerI, you can be one of the most negative posters on this board........BUT, I agree with you. I know that this is the first sec series of the year, but to get swept after such a good pre-season is not acceptable. This is starting off just like the past several years -- great hopes and expectations before the sec season starts, only to freefall during the sec games. I just hope that we can get things turned around. Starting off 0-3 in sec play is putting yourself into a hole to begin with. I know I will get flamed for being this negative at the start of the real season, but just look back over the past several years and it appears that we are just repeating history. Sec teams are good and we can not afford to get too far behind at the start. Hopefully, this is just the "fly in the ointment" series. I HOPE!!!!!!

If we don't make it to the freaking SEC tournament this year and this guy is not gone, it says that the Auburn administration doesn't give a rip about baseball. We have not been to the SEC tournament in three seasons. First SEC series of the year and we get swept. It's starting to look like last year.

ah, mr. negativity is back....too bad...

This SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :au: comes in at 18-3 and #10 in the country and get's swept by a team that's 6-11 and playing sub par at best!

Come on Tigers! Losing today is one thing, but losing Fri. and Sat. by a run and having it done to you in the 9th can play hell on a team that has lost 13 STRAIGHT SEC GAMES!

Tom needs to get these guys focused, or he's done. I like the guy, but damn.

I sure hope we can win the series v/s Florida, or we will be in for a long, long season once again in baseball. COME ON TIGERS!

Yeah, This was just absurd. I understand we will not win every series but to not win at least one here is just bad. For the coaching staff to stay they have to make the SEC tourney.

I agree that one guy shouldnt make a Huge difference, but we did lose on 2 walk offs..I would say that Bianucci would easily have been good for at least a run in each game. He is all-American quality, so losing him does hurt a lot. We are still a very young up and coming team. I wouldnt count them out yet, the hitting will come around, and the pitching is there.

I agree that one guy shouldnt make a Huge difference, but we did lose on 2 walk offs..I would say that Bianucci would easily have been good for at least a run in each game. He is all-American quality, so losing him does hurt a lot. We are still a very young up and coming team. I wouldnt count them out yet, the hitting will come around, and the pitching is there.

I don't think anybody is counting them out, but it looks like we are starting to seeing a pattern with a Slater coached team going back the past couple of years. Not having Bianucci does hurt, but he was not the only one getting hits and getting on base before the series started. Also, going back to the VMI series, the normally solid bullpen was starting to show some cracks in it, then the Georgia series came along and the bullpen gave away two games with walks.

This is not the same team that took 2/3 from Arizona St. Without Binucci, we should have easily taken 2/3 from a struggling team like Georgia, but we should have been able have least won one game from them. Getting swept is unacceptable. This team has plenty of talent, it has already been shown, so that missing one player should not cripple it like that.

I am not giving up, but I am getting skeptical. Does this group of guys have a hard time with other SEC teams for some unexplained reason or is it the coaching staff? It is hard to tell, because I think this team is good enough to hang with anybody in the SEC, so why do they struggle? You then could point your fingers at the coaching staff, but in their defense, they are not the ones out there swinging the bats, making the errors, and walking in the runs. Those are things these players should be able to do successfully regardless of who is coaching. I can't really say these three loses were because of a failed coaching strategy. It is like our guys have forget how to swing a bat and our pitchers have forgot how to throw strikes. The only error I could say the coaching staff may be making is that they are not making sure the players stay focused, but then they seemed focused before this series. :gofig:

I love Auburn baseball and I think we deserve alot better than Tom Slater. This guy had a losing record at VMI and he's starting to have a losing record at Auburn. Some people might say well it's VMI, but VMI beat us last week. I just don't understand why the administration refuses to pay the money to hire a good baseball coach. We have the best baseball facility in the country, but we refuse to hire a great coach. WHY? :no:

Tom Slater went 50-100 at VMI.

Word on the street is that South Carolina's coach (Ray Tanner) had some interest but quickly ran off.

The guy I've been pushing for (and will continue to do so) is Troy's Bobby Pierce.

Tom Slater went 50-100 at VMI.

Word on the street is that South Carolina's coach (Ray Tanner) had some interest but quickly ran off.

The guy I've been pushing for (and will continue to do so) is Troy's Bobby Pierce.

VMI is a better program now that Tom Slater is gone. Is our administration so dense to hire a coach with a losing record and think he is going to have success? My Goodness! Hiring Renfroe was a crapshoot and it did not work out, but hiring this guy was lunacy. We go out and hire a guy that is worse than the guy we fired.

I will start my rant with Slater if we do not make the SEC tourney! Until then, I will give him the benefit of the doubt.....however week that benefit may be ;)

I am not overjoyed about losing to UGA either.

But, you guys need to remember that we are not talking about professional players here. We are talking about college kids. One thing I know, especially in baseball, is that players do not constantly progress and get better each and every day. They get better, then hit a plateau, then get better then hit a plateau. In baseball, even going into a slump now and then. In the overall scheme, they get much better by the end than they were at the beginning, but the trip from start to finish has ups and downs.

Our team is at a plateau right now. They will have another breakout. And it will be soon. You guys can't ride the baseball rollercoaster like you ride the football rollercoaster. Don't scream on every hill we go down. If we start plunging off the tracks, you can scream. But we are still solidly on the tracks right now.

Archived