SEC gets 3 in sweet 16

WarTiger

Go :vandy::cheer::cheer::cheer:

I heard on sports radio that the SEC was tied with the PAC-10 as having the most teams in the Sweet 16 (3). The ACC only has 1 left. And the SEC is by and large NOT a basketball conference (except for Kentucky, I guess, and maybe Vanderbilt).

I heard on sports radio that the SEC was tied with the PAC-10 as having the most teams in the Sweet 16 (3). The ACC only has 1 left. And the SEC is by and large NOT a basketball conference (except for Kentucky, I guess, and maybe Vanderbilt).

I would argue that over the last 10 years or so, the SEC has been in the top 2 when it comes to dominant basketball conferences.

Last year we had 2 teams in the final 4 and the sweet 16 winner. (and the national title winner)

The ACC and Big Ten get a lot more media attention than the SEC but combined those two conferences can't match the SEC's 3 Sweet 16 teams. Also the SEC has more teams left in post season play than any others with 6 teams still playing in the NIT and NCAA.

I would argue that over the last 10 years or so, the SEC has been in the top 2 when it comes to dominant basketball conferences.

Last year we had 2 teams in the final 4 and the sweet 16 winner. (and the national title winner)

The ACC and Big Ten get a lot more media attention than the SEC but combined those two conferences can't match the SEC's 3 Sweet 16 teams. Also the SEC has more teams left in post season play than any others with 6 teams still playing in the NIT and NCAA.

I would agree. The SEC really gets no love in basketball. Dickie V has got his head stuck so far up the East Coasts butt its not even funny. I think its because no teams in the SEC tend to stand out from the pack. I think a lot of it has to do with the physical style of play that makes it hard to win consistently.

After I bragged on the SEC, Ole Miss and UGA decide to go out and get assjacked. I don't listen to Dickie V anymore after his anti-Auburn rant the last time we were in the dance.

Kentucky is losing by 13 to Kansas...

Tennessee, Vanderbilt, and Florida advance....

way to go :uk:

I loved it...I hate Kentucky basketball....that's why i hope they keep tubby smith...he's terrible... :big:

I would agree. The SEC really gets no love in basketball. Dickie V has got his head stuck so far up the East Coasts butt its not even funny. I think its because no teams in the SEC tend to stand out from the pack. I think a lot of it has to do with the physical style of play that makes it hard to win consistently.

Does the :sec: ever get any love from the media? It doesn't matter what sport it is, never any love, not even a reach around :o

Archived