Looks like Tubby Smith is out at KY

IDZYNE

I just heard he is gone and will be headed to Minnisota.

You must be new... link?

Where is Minnisota? :poke:

Also, Tubby is a basketball coach... let's move this to the basketball forum.

Wow, let's give this guy a Hall Monitor patch! You do bring up a valid point, however. To the Basketball Forum we go.

Also, Tubby is a basketball coach... let's move this to the basketball forum.

Wow, let's give this guy a Hall Monitor patch! You do bring up a valid point, however. To the Basketball Forum we go.

Haha... I just thought the bball forum needed some love.

This is interesting news. I knew Tubby was under fire, but I had no idea that he'd leave. Probably a wise idea since his teams weren't getting any better. I know my mom, dad, sister, and especially my brother-in-law (all attended UK) are all :cheer: ... they were tired of OTS, his bland style of basketball, and his progressively crappier recruits.

So, does anybody care to speculate on who his replacement will be?

Also, it must suck to be at a school with the reputation of :uk: and then have to leave. I know he made this move on his own but to me it seems like UM is a big step down.

Also, it must suck to be at a school with the reputation of :uk: and then have to leave. I know he made this move on his own but to me it seems like UM is a big step down.

I'm guessing Nick Saban. :roflol:

I'm guessing Nick Saban. :roflol:

The UK jet has landed in West Vance. They want Got-Fred.

I'm glad to see Tubby go, he was getting to much heat and he is better than that. Great pick for the Golden Gophers, and hopefully UK's recruiting will be revamped. Tubby's style of ball was bland compared to Pitino's fast paced fury.

I worked at The University of Minnesota for three years, and my friends are very happy about this. Minnesota really takes two sports seriously, Hockey and Basketball. I think he'll be able to win there.

was hoping Tubby would stay at UK. I don't think much of him as a coach, and i hate UK basketball. Hate UK almost as much as I hate duke basketball and thats a ton.. Love seeing them fall from grace so to speak. The only title he was able to win at uk he did with Pitino's players, and after they were gone, so was tourney success at UK... He'll be at Minnesota less than 5 years before he's fired... He's just not that good of a coach..or recruiter either..

I'm going with Calipari or Few. However, Cliff Ellis doesn't presently have a team....or Rick Majerus. :thumbsup:

I'm going with Calipari or Few. However, Cliff Ellis doesn't presently have a team....or Rick Majerus. :thumbsup:

I'm going to have to say that Calipari is the best choice for the Cats. Cal and Pitino used to go at it back in the mid 90s when John was at UMass and Pitino was at UK. That would add some heat back to the UK-UL rivalry.

As far as Cliff goes, I think he should stick with CSS and his singing career. Majerus, nah, he likes the coffee and doughnuts in Bristol too much. :big:

I'm going to have to say that Calipari is the best choice for the Cats. Cal and Pitino used to go at it back in the mid 90s when John was at UMass and Pitino was at UK. That would add some heat back to the UK-UL rivalry.

As far as Cliff goes, I think he should stick with CSS and his singing career. Majerus, nah, he likes the coffee and doughnuts in Bristol too much. :big:

Im going to say Calipari is going to be the #1 choice, do you think he would leave Memphis?

Im going to say Calipari is going to be the #1 choice, do you think he would leave Memphis?

The talking heads on ESPN are saying Tom Crean and Mark Few are the lead candidates for the job. I wouldn't be surprised if they pursue Calipari, and I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves. I think he is tired of hearing how he can't coach in a big conference and would take a chance to move to the SEC or ACC given the opportunity and the money.

The talking heads on ESPN are saying Tom Crean and Mark Few are the lead candidates for the job. I wouldn't be surprised if they pursue Calipari, and I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves. I think he is tired of hearing how he can't coach in a big conference and would take a chance to move to the SEC or ACC given the opportunity and the money.

I just saw that on espn, I think your right about calipari his ego may be the key to leaving Memphis

Well, UAT fans finally got what they've been hoping, wishing, and praying for. Tubby left... :big:

why would uat be happy about this? The only coach in the SEC WORSE than Tubby is Gottfried... So, they were alread at the bottom anyway..

That was meant as a joke. Many a UAT fan (though few admit it publicly), have been wanting Tommy Tuberville ("Tubby") to leave Auburn. So, I am just guessing that more than a few had their hearts skip a beat when they first heard the news, "Tubby's gone!"

Well, UAT fans finally got what they've been hoping, wishing, and praying for. Tubby left... :big:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

was hoping Tubby would stay at UK. I don't think much of him as a coach, and i hate UK basketball. Hate UK almost as much as I hate duke basketball and thats a ton.. Love seeing them fall from grace so to speak. The only title he was able to win at uk he did with Pitino's players, and after they were gone, so was tourney success at UK... He'll be at Minnesota less than 5 years before he's fired... He's just not that good of a coach..or recruiter either..

I guess Tubby just sat there during all those wins and did crossword puzzles.

Nope, search-a-words.

whatever it was, it certainly wasn't coaching....well maybe for him it was, but he clearly sucked at his job..ask any uk fan about tubby, and see what they tell you

Archived