We have lost 15 SEC games in a row now.

Did you guys know that? 15 game SEC losing streak!!!!

I have to admit that I am starting to get a little impatient when it comes to the situation with the baseball program. You guys know I am all about supporting the coaches and giving them a chance. Slater has really only had one full recruiting class to call his own, so want to give him the benefit of the doubt and more time. But 15 conference losses in a row is getting close to bringing out the skeptic in me.

I know the coaches are not the ones walking the batters and making the errors, but it is their job to make sure the guys are executing properly and not doing that stuff. Their report card is not looking very good.

Slater is a bum but we should have known that before we hired him. Who is dumb enough to hire a coach that has a record of 50/100? And it's kind of ridiculous to say this was his first full recruiting class, I don't think we were lacking players under Renfroe either.

Slater is a bum but we should have known that before we hired him. Who is dumb enough to hire a coach that has a record of 50/100? And it's kind of ridiculous to say this was his first full recruiting class, I don't think we were lacking players under Renfroe either.

please, please go find another school to support. We get it, you don't like slater or anything else about Auburn.. move on

Tom-Slater_092904.jpg

My record was not "50/100" at VMI. It was 50-100. So it was 50/150. That's a .333 winning percentage, boys! One in three. I'm not pressuring my team yet because we've won over a third of my games while I've been here, and we've won over 2/3 of the games so far this season. I'm hoping that I can win 1/3 at Auburn and then get the head coaching job at Florida or LSU or somewhere. That'd be nice. My attempt for a .333 season continues Sunday as we host Florida for the season finale. Please come out and support me.

Tom-Slater_092904.jpg

My record was not "50/100" at VMI. It was 50-100. So it was 50/150. That's a .333 winning percentage, boys! One in three. I'm not pressuring my team yet because we've won over a third of my games while I've been here, and we've won over 2/3 of the games so far this season. I'm hoping that I can win 1/3 at Auburn and then get the head coaching job at Florida or LSU or somewhere. That'd be nice. My attempt for a .333 season continues Sunday as we host Florida for the season finale. Please come out and support me.

trying to give eeyore a run for his money at being the most negative poster on the board?? Why don't BOTH of you find another school to cheer for? perhaps then you could find happiness in something.

I will once again support Auburn baseball when the Auburn administration does the right thing and lets Slater walk. He should be used to seeing walks by now...

I will once again support Auburn baseball when the Auburn administration does the right thing and lets Slater walk. He should be used to seeing walks by now...

So, your a fair weather fan that only supports the team when they are successful. Glad we got your true colors out in the open. That being the case, why don't you just stay away until/if that happens and quit ruining the forum with all your hate filled drivel.

Still wondering why you think you know more about this than anybody else? What makes you think that letting slater is the right thing? Just because you feel that way doesn't mean its the right thing. Hopefully the powers that be will not be influenced by a fair weathered fan such as yourself... The Auburn baseball program is about more than one person. It's unfortunate that you don't support the players that go out there and bust their tails everyday to get better.

So, your a fair weather fan that only supports the team when they are successful. Glad we got your true colors out in the open. That being the case, why don't you just stay away until/if that happens and quit ruining the forum with all your hate filled drivel.

Still wondering why you think you know more about this than anybody else? What makes you think that letting slater is the right thing? Just because you feel that way doesn't mean its the right thing. Hopefully the powers that be will not be influenced by a fair weathered fan such as yourself... The Auburn baseball program is about more than one person. It's unfortunate that you don't support the players that go out there and bust their tails everyday to get better.

Hate-filled drivel? How is desiring a coaching change 'hate?'

Yes, the Auburn baseball program is about more than one person, but ultimately, one guy has to be accountable for the team as a whole. This is a team that's showing no life out there. I'd be tickled pink if they wound up in the SEC Tournament, much less the NCAA's, but there's something that's been amiss on the last several teams. Hal Baird isn't the coach anymore, but this isn't what Auburn baseball should be. War Eagle!

Yes, the Auburn baseball program is about more than one person, but ultimately, one guy has to be accountable for the team as a whole. This is a team that's showing no life out there. I'd be tickled pink if they wound up in the SEC Tournament, much less the NCAA's, but there's something that's been amiss on the last several teams. Hal Baird isn't the coach anymore, but this isn't what Auburn baseball should be. War Eagle!

because you've sacrificed support for the entire program based on ONE person. You've been voicing your hatred/dislike of slater for quite some time now, and its getting old. Either support the team regardless of who you think the coach should be or move on.

So, because you do not like the coach, you will not support the baseball team? Guess we just found out that you are only loyal when things are going good. I guess if CTT was to ever leave and AU hired somebody you did not like, that means you will not support AU football either. Thanks for being honest. :thumbsup:

It is one thing to be disappointed at the way things are going like I am. Heck, I am starting to get a little skeptical about Slater myself. But you sound like you are happy about our loses because you think it makes you whining valid. What kind of AU supporter are you when you do that? Wait, we just found out that out didn't we, Mr. "I will only support the baseball team when the AU admins do what I want then to do".

When Slater was first hired, I did not understand it either. But sometimes a young coache's record does not really reflect how successful he could be a program with better resources. However, I was willing to give him a chance and right now I am not bailing on him yet, but I will admit that my faith in him as the coach is starting to weaken a little bit. Losing 15 conference games in a row is enough to make the even most loyal fan a little unhappy with the staff.

Slater may not have been a good hire when it is all said and done. I may wind up agreeing with you once this season is over with. However, just because I may wind up agreeing with you still does not make you right. When some you are always being pessimistic, most people on this board are not going to respect your opinion because of your constant negativity. So, even if you were to be proven right eventually, nobody is going to think you a genius, because the law of numbers dictates that you were bound to be right every now and then with the high level of criticism that posters like PowerI, and now you, spew out.

PowerI, you show no class at all by calling Slater a bum. Regardless of what you think of him as a coach, he still is an AU coach, which makes him a part of the AU family. But, when have you really shown any class on the board? All you do during football season is find something to criticize the coaches and players about, even when we win.

because you've sacrificed support for the entire program based on ONE person. You've been voicing your hatred/dislike of slater for quite some time now, and its getting old. Either support the team regardless of who you think the coach should be or move on.

I forgot you ruled the roost around here. So it's never okay to want a coaching or management change on any level, but blindly follow with unwavering support? That's a scary thought. So if Bobby Petrino would have gotten the coaching job at Auburn after Jetgate, I would be wrong to not support Auburn football wholeheartedly because he was the coach and I didn't like the way he took over.

You see, there's this little feature on this board where you don't have to read everyone's posts. If it says RadioWryn preceding my "hate-filled drivel," don't read it. But other people read this. I'll do it for them.

I think you're isolated in Pensacola. Being very close to the campus, I can tell you the general ebb and flow of talk in Auburn and on campus is negative towards the guy. Public opinion is shoddy at best.

Dude, if you are sworn off the baseball team as you said earlier, why do you keep posting here in the baseball forum? Speaking purely from my point of view, if I were as disgusted as you say you are, I'd quit thinking about the team altogether and refrain from mentioning them at all until the coaching change you pine for actually occurs.

Just sayin'.

From experience, message boards liven up when the team struggles, no matter what the sport. Would the football board here be more packed if Auburn beats Kansas State or loses to them?

From experience, message boards liven up when the team struggles, no matter what the sport. Would the football board here be more packed if Auburn beats Kansas State or loses to them?

It will be equally packed regardless of the outcome. You may even show up yourself if we win, but likely only to complain about something.

15 sec losses in a row coupled with his previous coaching record does raise an eyebrow to say the least.

Our facilities are just way too good to be stinking like this.

Not to mention the 7 errors, 8 walks and 2 hit batters in yesterday's game.

I forgot you ruled the roost around here. So it's never okay to want a coaching or management change on any level, but blindly follow with unwavering support? That's a scary thought. So if Bobby Petrino would have gotten the coaching job at Auburn after Jetgate, I would be wrong to not support Auburn football wholeheartedly because he was the coach and I didn't like the way he took over.

You see, there's this little feature on this board where you don't have to read everyone's posts. If it says RadioWryn preceding my "hate-filled drivel," don't read it. But other people read this. I'll do it for them.

I think you're isolated in Pensacola. Being very close to the campus, I can tell you the general ebb and flow of talk in Auburn and on campus is negative towards the guy. Public opinion is shoddy at best.

Of course its ok to want a change, I never said it wasn't. BUT, I feel like whether you like the coaching staff or not, you should be supporting the players and wanting them to do their best. You obviously don't. You want the team to lose all the time, just because it supports your hatred/dislike for Slater. None of us here are in the position of dictating anything that happens at Auburn as far as hires and fires go. Just because you aren't happy doesn't mean you can't support the players and the program. I think its a little childish on your part to just abandon the team because of one person. You don't get your way, you take your ball and go home.

If Petrino had been hired in 2003 when that happened, TONS of auburn fans would have been angry at the way it was done, and were angry that it even went as far as it did. HOWEVER, I would still be an Auburn fan today and still be proud of the players and be glad to be an Auburn fan. Petrino would have my unconditional support. I don't control what the administration does, and neither do you. Even if slater is let go at the end of the season, it doesn't mean the replacement will be better. I doubt seriously you'd be happy with anybody.

Unfortunately, I can't use the ignore feature. As a mod I need to be able to view all posts, even the posts that are a waste of bandwidth.

I am as disatisfied as anyone in here with the 0-6 SEC start. Tom better get it turned around....and FAST! We have not made the SEC tourney in the last two seasons, and this team is good enough to compete in this league. I'm not saying we are as good as some others, but to lose the first six to teams that had very little going for them before conference play raises a huge flag, that's for sure!

Come on Tigers! Get it going!

Dude, if you are sworn off the baseball team as you said earlier, why do you keep posting here in the baseball forum? Speaking purely from my point of view, if I were as disgusted as you say you are, I'd quit thinking about the team altogether and refrain from mentioning them at all until the coaching change you pine for actually occurs.

Just sayin'.

This post sums it up. If you say you won't support them until....

Then, please stay away until.......

There are many who would like to see a change and that's fine. Guys in Coach Slater's position are making a nice chunk of change to do what they do and they also shoulder a lot of responsibility. Comes with the territory. The administration is not blind and they are fully aware of where this program is. If you want change, drop our admins a line and let them know you how you feel. It's fine to debate, discuss, break it down etc. when times are good AND bad. But, a constant barrage of criticism on this forum is not accomplishing a thing except getting folks ticked off at those that do it.

Just sayin'.

There are many who would like to see a change and that's fine. Guys in Coach Slater's position are making a nice chunk of change to do what they do and they also shoulder a lot of responsibility. Comes with the territory. The administration is not blind and they are fully aware of where this program is. If you want change, drop our admins a line and let them know you how you feel. It's fine to debate, discuss, break it down etc. when times are good AND bad. But, a constant barrage of criticism on this forum is not accomplishing a thing except getting folks ticked off at those that do it.

Great post. I have dropped the admins a line. I challenge anybody that wants to see the Auburn program improve to do the same. The problem is, is that we have people like war tiger that are content with the program as it is and would not dare make an effort to make a change.

Just sayin'.

Great post. I have dropped the admins a line. I challenge anybody that wants to see the Auburn program improve to do the same. The problem is, is that we have people like war tiger that are content with the program as it is and would not dare make an effort to make a change.

eeyore, please shut the %$@% up about what my opinions are. The only thing you need to be concerned with is your own pathetic life. You don't know me or what my opinions are concerning anything auburn. I would not waste my time discussing my opinions about anything with you. It's a no-win situation cause of your inability to rationally discuss anything. When (maybe it should be IF) you ever grow up and are able to discuss something and voice your concern in an adult like manner perhaps we can discuss it. However, every post you make is ripping the program, and whether you like that coach or not, that is uncalled for. These players bust their ass every day to be the best they can be, while you hide behind your little keyboard hoping they lose everytime they get on the field. The players deserve better than that. Why don't you stay away from the baseball forum until/if a change is made. It would save us all a lot of trouble, and believe me, you won't be missed.

I agree that ripping the program is not what we need. We do, however, need to be mindful of what we see, and how things are going. The team needs to get on track soon, or the HEAT will start to rise up on the Plains and under Tom Slaters arse.

I have said it before, and I will say it again. Tom is a nice guy, but we need to start winning some SEC games or the oven will be on high for the rest of the season.

It's hard to believe that we have now lost 15 SEC games in a row. Just unreal.

Great news: LSU's new coach is twice the coach our old one was and he's got a MONSTER recruiting class on the way. :cheer: We'll be back soon enough. :big: For ya'll though, just give this Slater guy some time. He might be awesome, or he might be horrible. It's way too early for you guys to assume things. Good luck the rest of the way.

Great news: LSU's new coach is twice the coach our old one was

2 times zero is still zero. :)

I agree that ripping the program is not what we need. We do, however, need to be mindful of what we see, and how things are going. The team needs to get on track soon, or the HEAT will start to rise up on the Plains and under Tom Slaters arse.

I have said it before, and I will say it again. Tom is a nice guy, but we need to start winning some SEC games or the oven will be on high for the rest of the season.

It's hard to believe that we have now lost 15 SEC games in a row. Just unreal.

I hope the guy gets it turned around and the team can win consistantly. I do remember a recent AU team opened up 0 and 9 in the conference and ending up making the SEC tournament.

What I think bothers some folks and me included is his pedigree was not earth shattering, therefore some give him a short leash on success. Again this is not a slam on Slater (or Lebo), but AU baseball is not AU basketball. We have great facilites, we have competed for SEC championships and NCAA championships, so why would we not be able to hire a top level coach. Slater may turn out to be a great coach, but just like UAT football situation and Shula, why should AU do the "on the job training". (As a side note, to those that think a new basketball arena guarantees a better crowd or better success, see this years baseball).

Slater is a bum. If he starts out 0-9 in the SEC this year and our conference losing streak extends to 20 games... 20 freaking games... their is no doubt in my mind that he should be cut loose after 3 seasons. Sometimes you make a mistake. Jacobs will fix Richardson's mistake if this crap continues.

Archived