Florida game

Top 6, 9-2 Florida

Auburn's only walked 3, hit 2 batters, and had 2 errors, so expect Slater to be signed to an extension by dusk.

Why don't you just change your screen name to "FireSlater" because you can't make a single post without bashing him. You are pathetic. I guess it makes you feel like more of a man and less of a nerd to bash the man ever chance you can get. Not surprising since you do not support the team anyway.

Top 6, 9-2 Florida

Auburn's only walked 3, hit 2 batters, and had 2 errors, so expect Slater to be signed to an extension by dusk.

Ah, there's more words of wisdom idiocy from the anti-auburn campaign.

Opinion: Statements of whether or not you think Slater should be retained.

Fact: Auburn is 0-6 in conference play.

Fact: We haven't made the SEC Tournament (Top 8) under Slater.

We need some wins in a hurry.. Ole Miss, South Carolina, LSU are the next three conference series. If we can be 6-9 through 15 conference games, I'll feel good. We gotta start winning some of these things, and shooting ourselves in the foot didn't help this weekend. Like Saturday, you don't commit 7 errors, walk 8, and hit three batters and win games. I don't mind if a team outhits you. That's life. It happens. But to play so dreadfully.. geh.

Beat Ole Miss.

Radio, just out of curiosity, what is your level of experience when it comes to baseball as a player or coach?

What difference does that make?

Whether he has played 1 game or 1000 our team is playing horribly for now so his assessment of that is correct. I mean fetuses in the womb can see we are stinking it up at the moment.

If you want to challenge him for being a douche, go ahead, that's fair, imo.

What difference does that make?

Whether he has played 1 game or 1000 our team is playing horribly for now so his assessment of that is correct. I mean fetuses in the womb can see we are stinking it up at the moment.

If you want to challenge him for being a douche, go ahead, that's fair, imo.

Look, I am not happy with the way things are going also and I am getting a little skeptical on how Slater is preparing for the SEC season. However, at this point in their careers, a pitcher should know how to throw strikes. Slater can't get out there and do it for them. Heck, not matter who he put in, they threw ball and walked batters. It is the coaches' responsibility to make sure the guys are focused, but why were they completely focused compared to the way other SEC teams were playing before the conference schedule started and all of a sudden lose the focus?

Radio made the comment that we did not play anybody good before the conference schedule started, which was an inaccurate statement. But even then, the rest of the SEC was playing the same type of smaller college schedule we were, except we did play a tough Arizona St. team, but while we were dominating those teams, most of the other SEC teams like UGA, UAT, LSU, UT, etc, were struggling. So, what changed? That is a good question that should be discussed, but instead of discussing things like that, a couple of people just want to bash Coach Slater with every post. You know what that tells me? That tells me they don't know enough about the game of baseball to have an intelligent discussion about the team's problems. The take the easy way out and just blame the coach. Thus the reason I called him out on his level of baseball experience.

Nobody said that you have to have been a player to notice we are playing like crap. Anybody can read a scoreboard and a teams' win/loss record to tell you if they are playing good or not. So his "assessment", as you put it, is nothing earth shattering. Give me a reason why the team is doing bad. If you think it is the coaches fault, then tell me what you think he is doing wrong. Don't be superficial with your criticism, give me reasons...engage me in a good, deep conversation about baseball. Don't be Bush League and repeat the same thing over and over "It's the coaches fault". Sorry if you don't agree with me, but I respect the opinion of somebody that has played at least at the high school level over somebody that did not play any further then Dixie Youth.

Not everybody is the same when it comes to opinions. When it come to opinions, well you know the old saying about what they are like because everybody has one. Some people to value experience when it comes to opinion on sports. However, if you are going to do nothing but whine and complain instead of offering up what you think may be the problem besides just bashing coach, if you are going to be involved in any conversation with me, you better have at least been there or your opinion don't count jack sh** with me.

T88, just for clarification, I am not saying you are saying all that stuff about Slater, I am just giving you the long answer on why I think a constant critic such as Radio needs to have his experience on the subject brought into the conversation. As I stated, it is too easy and a cop out to constantly scream "fire the coach", especially when you were doing it before the coach was about to start only his third season.

Archived