AU family Pet Thread

WarTiger

So many of us have posted with a lot of sorrow when they have lost a family pet, and it got me to thinking. I know, for us, our pets are our children and a very large part of our family. Thought we could share our family pet pictures here. I'll begin...

rhiannonou0.th.jpg

This is Rhiannon (Wife (TigerKat) named her after the fleetwood mac song)

susiewhite1rk0.th.jpg

This is Susie (she belonged to my Wifes mother who passed away last October. We've had her since last August)

They get along great...

Everyone post yours.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

chloefb7.jpg

This is Chloe, our 8 year old Jack Russell

drozdg7.jpg

This is the coolest dog in the world. This is our 10 year old JRT, Droz.

This is Gracie.

IMG_2694.jpg

IMG_2680.jpg

P1010013.jpg

P1010012.jpg

3844a59a.jpg

4136c1ef.jpg

Great thread! Here are both of ours, adopted from the humane society....which is the way to go unless you are looking to breed a purebred.

Here is Murray as a puppy:

murray0001vf3.jpg

Kody introduced to Murray:

picture009zw1.jpg

Gameday Murray:

pictures002ec0.jpg

Here's my daughter, with our dog, Jordan.

sophiepumpkin2cd0.jpg

Here's Doctor Watson ("Doc" for short). He's a Cairn terrier (same breed as Toto in Wizard of Oz). He's 15 1/2 years old. Best dog I've ever had.

IMG_0051.jpg

Here's Doctor Watson ("Doc" for short). He's a Cairn terrier (same breed as Toto in Wizard of Oz). He's 15 1/2 years old. Best dog I've ever had.

IMG_1061.jpg

"Doctor Watson" Love it. That fits perfectly.

Huh. I always thought Toto was a "Scotty."

He was a Cairn... what's funny is a groomer also thought he was a Scotty and groomed him like one. Not much fur on the body, squared off muzzle, etc. It was hilarious. The Cairn is a really old breed from the British Isles that was used to hunt badgers in packs. They had more formidable dogs along once the Cairne's cornered the badger. Their tail is sort of short and not very sensitive so that their handlers could pull them out of the badger tunnel by the tail if they got stuck and couldn't turn around. What was sad about Doc is that he was bred as a show dog, but was born with only one testicle, so he didn't meet the criteria. Every time they packed up for a show and loaded up the dogs, he stayed behind.

Huh. I always thought Toto was a "Scotty."

He was a Cairn... what's funny is a groomer also thought he was a Scotty and groomed him like one. Not much fur on the body, squared off muzzle, etc. It was hilarious. The Cairn is a really old breed from the British Isles that was used to hunt badgers in packs. They had more formidable dogs along once the Cairne's cornered the badger. Their tail is sort of short and not very sensitive so that their handlers could pull them out of the badger tunnel by the tail if they got stuck and couldn't turn around. What was sad about Doc is that he was bred as a show dog, but was born with only one testicle, so he didn't meet the criteria. Every time they packed up for a show and loaded up the dogs, he stayed behind.

i feel horrible for him

n7018460_30790993_9672.jpg

great job everybody. Let's keep them coming. Nice to see those in Auburn attire as well.

My 2 schnauzers

Ava

AvaZsaZsa005.jpg

Zsa-Zsa

CrazyBabies008-2.jpg

Storm doesn't seem overly happily about being a pooch sandwich.

She was not happy about having to be still.

Actually, she bugs the heck out of Harley and Duke. She likes to "ambush" them by waiting for them to come around the corner or she will wait for them to come by the couch and then she will jump off of it and pounce on it. Sometimes the dogs respond and play around with her and sometimes they just ignore her.

Never been a cat person, but Monica and I rescued her and her sister from a storm drain right down from the house at the end of last summer when she was only a about a couple of months old. We gave her sister to Monica's sister. I have to admit that having a cat around has not been as bad as I thought it would be. She is not "snobby" like most cats are and loves to play or cuddle. Duke is her buddy, so she likes to cuddle up to him when she naps.

Duke is Monica's boy and Harley is my spoiled brat little girl. She will try to push Monica out of the way in the bed just to make sure she can cuddle up to me at night. :lol:

TIS, you and Monica will get along just fine. She is big schnauzer person. That is all she had really owned until we got married. Duke is a schnauzer mix, but Monica has two full-blooded Schnauzers at her dad's house, who we happened to have brought over and babysit this past weekend. The only reason they did not come with us when we got married was because her dad was too attached to them at the time to give them up.

Here's Comet checking the field conditions at Jordan Hare Stadium after ANOTHER victory.

cofootzl0.png

Comet taking in some baseball practice at Plainsman Park,

Being a Smooth Fox Terrier he is an excellent shortstop.

cobaself3.png

• 5 weeks later...

Resurrecting this thread a bit.... Susie just got groomed today and I have to share these pics. The "collar" around her neck is called a "party collar" and kathy got it at the groomers today. It matches the bows in her ears and her nail polish. She even had a couple stop and pull off the road to see her when we were walking back to the car. So, these pics were taken just a few minutes ago. Enjoy...

SusieWhite1.jpgSusieWhite3.jpg

SusieWhite2.jpg

n7018460_30790993_9672.jpg

Gracie wears white because she knows that we don't lose in white. Also, Gracie gets props for attacking both David Greene's and David Pollacks parents bulldogs in the tailgate area prior to the 04 UGA game. I think it was the good mojo that helped us have such a dominant performance.

Cairn terriers are awesome. So smart, but INCREDIBLY stubborn. Very territorial and death from above to chipmunks, and any other small creature that gets in their way. I had one while I was at Auburn - Nikki. He wound up living with my parents after I graduated and got married because he and my now-ex husband hated each other. Should have paid attention!! He lived to be 15, and died of congestive heart failure - technically, my dad had to take him to the vet and have him put to sleep as he was dying because he was suffering so badly. I have never heard my tough guy daddy cry like that when he called to tell me the news. Cairns rock.

Here are my two dogs:

Maggie-Waggie - a pound puppy I adopted when I lived in Dallas. Her fur was matted so badly that she had dreadlocks all over her. This picture was obviously made post-groom. She is now somewhere between 13 and 15, nearly totally blind and partially deaf - I say partially because she can't hear her name across the room, and doesn't flinch when Katie runs right past her, but can hear the wrapper coming off a piece of cheese. She has always had selective hearing. Very much a Mommy's baby.

maggiesb5.jpg

And this is Max, also known as the bane of Maggie's existence. If she could have moved out when we brought him home from the pound, she would have. This was taken when he was 6 weeks old and taking his driving test. Now he is 5 years old and 80 pounds, and is still the bane of her days. But MAN, is he a Mommy's boy - sleeps on the bed with me when Daddy is gone, loves to give hugs and kisses. I have to get a picture of him as an adult to share - he is a beautiful dog - a mix of German Shepard and Retreiver - long flowing hair, so so so soft, fuzzy toe hair, and a mix of black, brown, blonde, and white fur. Really handsome.

maxdrivingut1.jpg

Archived