AU family Pet Thread

WarTiger

And this is Max, also known as the bane of Maggie's existence. If she could have moved out when we brought him home from the pound, she would have. This was taken when he was 6 weeks old and taking his driving test. Now he is 5 years old and 80 pounds, and is still the bane of her days. But MAN, is he a Mommy's boy - sleeps on the bed with me when Daddy is gone, loves to give hugs and kisses. I have to get a picture of him as an adult to share - he is a beautiful dog - a mix of German Shepard and Retreiver - long flowing hair, so so so soft, fuzzy toe hair, and a mix of black, brown, blonde, and white fur. Really handsome.

I am a little confused & worried that this was in the description.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And this is Max, also known as the bane of Maggie's existence. If she could have moved out when we brought him home from the pound, she would have. This was taken when he was 6 weeks old and taking his driving test. Now he is 5 years old and 80 pounds, and is still the bane of her days. But MAN, is he a Mommy's boy - sleeps on the bed with me when Daddy is gone, loves to give hugs and kisses. I have to get a picture of him as an adult to share - he is a beautiful dog - a mix of German Shepard and Retreiver - long flowing hair, so so so soft, fuzzy toe hair, and a mix of black, brown, blonde, and white fur. Really handsome.

Wait now I'm confused is she talking about the dog or her husband?

Wait now I'm confused is she talking about the dog or her husband?

They seem to sleep in the same place so I 'm not sure.

You guys are jerks.

Max has lots of blonde hair sticking up between his toes, like a retriever. It looks like he has on Oompa Loompa shoes. I love it - it is SO CUTE!! If we lived in a cold weather climate, I would have to trim it to prevent him from getting ice build up on the hair, but since that is not a problem in Houston, I just let it grow...

Is that brown shag carpet or a bearskin rug?

Maybe he should have cleaned it with the Kirby.

Is that brown shag carpet or a bearskin rug?

Not sure why it looks like that. It's just plain carpet on the floor of my workroom. Not shaggy or beary at all. Been there for 20 years, I guess. It does look a little shaggy in the pic.

His full name is Tucker Barkley.

His full name is Tucker Barkley.

That's not pimp. You should change it: Tucker Max. Trust me on this.

His name has meaning. Tucker because when he was a little fella, he'd run about three steps and then fall to the ground dead ass asleep. "all tuckered out" was how one of my wife's cousins put it.

Barkley because up until about two weeks ago he wouldn't bark. And because his face when he was small reminded me of Chuck.

His name has meaning. Tucker because when he was a little fella, he'd run about three steps and then fall to the ground dead ass asleep. "all tuckered out" was how one of my wife's cousins put it.

I would leave this part out. Tell folks it is for Tucker Fredrickson.

I would leave this part out. Tell folks it is for Tucker Fredrickson.

He's pooped pup. Leave him alone.

I have a Pekingese that I named Mr. Snuffles. They have the smushed face and underbite. So ugly they're cute. When he was apuppy, that's all he did, snuffle. I'll post a picture as soon as I figure out how.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, he is a yellow lab and his father is about 75-80 lbs. I hope Noah can handle that a year from now, when Hammy puts his front paws on his shoulders.

very cool. I'm still having a hard time believing an attorney can't figure out how to post a picture here. Esquire, send it to me in an email and i'll host it for you. We need all the pet pics we can get.

very cool. I'm still having a hard time believing an attorney can't figure out how to post a picture here. Esquire, send it to me in an email and i'll host it for you. We need all the pet pics we can get.

How do I send it to you in an e-mail? :big:

I keed

• 2 weeks later...

I so totally missed out on this thread at the end of my hiatus. But I had to throw in a couple pictures of my baby Roxy.

This first one is of Roxy (black) and her late sister Molly (blonde). We found out last week that Molly had been hit by a car and was killed on impact. RIP Molly, your life was too short but you brought meaning to so many.

Roxy009.jpg

This is Roxy on one of her many excursions to the Delta Tau Delta house for a little Pre game tailgating. Since coming into our care in early November 2004, she's yet to miss an Auburn home game (or at least the party beforehand). She's also wearing her favorite article of clothing here, her Auburn jersey (also the only piece of clothing I'll voluntarily put on her).

n7000440_31949137_8618.jpg

Nice choice of bed-spread there, AU! Where are all the throw pillows?

I think they are out being laundered with his the bed skirt.

Archived