my sister

kickinwang

some of you may remember me posting a few months ago about my sister, the 8th grader playing #1 singles for austin. she's still doing well this year in high school play. about 3 weeks left in the season, still only lost 1 match (first one of the year). last week she played in a tournament in hunstville (not school related)..she finished 4th, but was playing against all 18 year old girls. also just found out she is the #5 8th grader in the state, but she's beaten 3 of the girls above her. and those rankings are based alot of private tournaments the girls play in (example the 4 girls above her have played in 18, 16, 11 and 15 tournaments respectivly...while my sister is listed with 5). she's ranked 322 in the nation, but before her tournament last week she was 333. so with all the tournaments in the summer she'll get even higher. just had to brag about her a little...couldn't be prouder of her.

• 3 weeks later...

her sectionals are going on today here in decatur. they are going slow because of the weather, but i'll be sure to let everyone know the results later today

results from yesterday's sectionals (with a good pic of my sister)

my sister

because of the rain, the finals will be today at 4. my sister is in the #1 finals against a girl from florence. should know if she's a 2 time section champ by 6 at the latest.

She needs to "Creamer".

You know, Creamer....like Cream her....her opponents name is Creamer. So if you use it in that context it sounds like the same...but different.

Never mind. :big:

she won her sectional. off to state again.

and about the creamer thing...

sister wins section

She was so eager during the day to play her match that she had scribbled "Cream Creamer" on the back of her hand in blue ink.

Great minds think alike. Congratulations to her and good luck. Keep us posted.

By the way, they had a professional women's tourney down here last week. It was the 4th one and it seems to be taking off pretty good. You always see a lot of the women around town and several of them will come in the gym during the week. That's a little different level of fitness than we're used to seeing around here.

One came in the other day and I'm over on some machine trying to act all macho and smooth as this 6' blonde, Scandanavian bombshell walks by. She promptly walks over to the squat rack and throws a plate on each side and starts repping it out while she warmed up.

I slinked away over to the small weights where I belonged.

my sister hasn't really gotten into the weight lifting yet, but she does TONS of cardio and resistance training.

Archived