SEC SCORES

Auburn blanks LSU 7-0

South Carolina beats Florida 8-6

State beats the Hogs 2-1

Vols are up 6-4 on Ketucky in the Top of the 8th (GM 1)

Vandy leads Alabama-Tuscaloosa 4-2 in the top of the 8th

Arkansas and So. Carolina losses just helps muddle everything up even more, which is good for us.

How did LSU get an SEC tie?

And what happened to Crawford?

And what happened to Crawford?

Don't know about Crawford but LSU and Kentucky had a tie somehow. Not sure why...

Other Finals:

Vols whip 'Cats 11-5

Vandy beats Alabama-Tuscaloosa 4-2

Here is what I found on the LSU website:

BATON ROUGE -- No. 11 Kentucky plated two runs in the top of the eighth inning and before a 2 p.m. time limit took effect as the Wildcats and LSU ended in a 9-9 tie after eight innings on Sunday at Alex Box Stadium.

The game was stopped after eight innings due to Southeastern Conference travel regulations. No new inning was to start after 2 p.m. Kentucky was scheduled to leave for a return flight to Lexington out of New Orleans.

You've got me about that SEC rule, because plenty of games go past 2 pm on Sundays. Maybe somebody else can show the initiative to look up the exact rule, because I am too lazy to do it right now.

Edit in: I did a quick search on the Kentucky website to see if they went into more details. Basically it sounded like because of league rules involving air travel, it was predetermined for that game that no inning would start after 2 pm central time. My guess is that there was a shortage of flights going back to Kentucky that Sunday, so they were pressed for time in flying back, thus they had a cutoff time for the game.

BATON ROUGE -- No. 11 Kentucky plated two runs in the top of the eighth inning and before a 2 p.m. time limit took effect as the Wildcats and LSU ended in a 9-9 tie after eight innings on Sunday at Alex Box Stadium.

The game was stopped after eight innings due to Southeastern Conference travel regulations. No new inning was to start after 2 p.m. Kentucky was scheduled to leave for a return flight to Lexington out of New Orleans.

You've got me about that SEC rule, because plenty of games go past 2 pm on Sundays. Maybe somebody else can show the initiative to look up the exact rule, because I am too lazy to do it right now.

Edit in: I did a quick search on the Kentucky website to see if they went into more details. Basically it sounded like because of league rules involving air travel, it was predetermined for that game that no inning would start after 2 pm central time. My guess is that there was a shortage of flights going back to Kentucky that Sunday, so they were pressed for time in flying back, thus they had a cutoff time for the game.

Interesting. I was just curious. It could come out to hurt or help those two teams, but ties always make things interesting at the end.

Interesting. I was just curious. It could come out to hurt or help those two teams, but ties always make things interesting at the end.

You are right. They do make things interesting in the end as far as standings go. I still don't like them, especially in baseball. The only sports I ever understood them in were football and soccer. Football because it was difficult to come up with a fair overtime format and soccer because they could be playing for days without one. I am glad the NHL did away with them in favor of the shootout, because that is way more exciting than playing for an extra 5 minutes where the two teams just dumped it in each others zones and killed clock.

You are right. They do make things interesting in the end as far as standings go. I still don't like them, especially in baseball. The only sports I ever understood them in were football and soccer. Football because it was difficult to come up with a fair overtime format and soccer because they could be playing for days without one. I am glad the NHL did away with them in favor of the shootout, because that is way more exciting than playing for an extra 5 minutes where the two teams just dumped it in each others zones and killed clock.

It also makes things interesting in fantasy football leagues. ;)

Archived