Auburn @ S. Carolina

Top of the 5th, Tigers trail 7-0. Auburn has just 1 hit, S. Carolina has 7 hits. Gamecocks appear to be returning favor from Friday's butt kicking.

A win tomorrow would be huge.

Yes it would. We need to be taking as many series as possible to have a chance at any post season play.

When the pitching starts off like it did today, it is hard for a team to do anything about it. Hopefully Thompson will pick himself up, dust himself off, and dominate the next time he starts. Days like that happens sometimes in pitching and Thompson should know that and be okay.

Well, more than that, if Auburn wins tomorrow, it proves to people internally that not only can you take 2/3 @ South Carolina, but that you have the potential to take 2 (or 3) from any team, anywhere, any time.

Well, more than that, if Auburn wins tomorrow, it proves to people internally that not only can you take 2/3 @ South Carolina, but that you have the potential to take 2 (or 3) from any team, anywhere, any time.

Well, I already thought that before the SEC season started when we took 2/3 from Arizona St. They are still ranked in the Top 10 in most polls and beating them should have prove the caliber of this team. Your guess is as good as mine in figuring out what happened to the pitching, defense, and hitting in those first three SEC series. Hopefully whatever it was, it is gone for good now.

Well, I already thought that before the SEC season started when we took 2/3 from Arizona St. They are still ranked in the Top 10 in most polls and beating them should have prove the caliber of this team. Your guess is as good as mine in figuring out what happened to the pitching, defense, and hitting in those first three SEC series. Hopefully whatever it was, it is gone for good now.

But to temper the ASU series, that's to a team off a cross-country trip on the road while you're at the friendly confines. This is an SEC road series against a top dog not only in the conference but in the nation as well, and Columbia is historically a very difficult place to play.

We shall see what happens - rain supposed to be moving out of Columbia by lunch, but let's hope we get tomorrow's game in..

Archived