NBA playoffs

AUdmd07

Since this board is dead, I thought I'd see who people are liking in the NBA playoffs.

I'll go ahead and pick the Suns and the Cavs in the finals and the Suns take it in 6. Not going to happen, but it would be refreshing to see some new teams in there.

Detroit vs San Antonio, Duncan gets another ring but not near the love as some other players in the league. Did you see Cuban get pissed on that no call last night?

Detroit vs San Antonio, Duncan gets another ring but not near the love as some other players in the league. Did you see Cuban get pissed on that no call last night?

Nope, sure didn't see Cuban's whiny ass. I can imagine.

I don't want to see another Detroit- San Antonio final. :puke:

I'm a big Pistons fan so I would love to see them go. West appears to be wide open after some of the Game 1 upsets. I would love to see 2 out of the top 3 from the west bow out in the 1st round. I wouldn't mind seeing Phoenix, Dallas, Denver, or GS come out of the West. Anyone but San Antonio because then I have to listen to all my friends tell me how boring Detroit and San Antonio are in the finals.

I realize Im a little late since 2 games have already been played, but heres my prediction...

I would take Detroit and Pheonix in the Finals. From there, Nash finally gets his ring and validates himself as one of the best.

I'd like to see the Pistons take it. If they can't, then anyone besides the Denver Thuggets.

The Heat and whoever from the west...but thats me being a :homer: , I dont think Heat can win with DW still hurt.

Realistically I think probably Pistons vs. Suns....Suns take it in 6

I would like to see the bulls in the finals again, but I doubt if that will happen. And I think I like the Suns out of the west.

The West is on the verge of getting real interesting...if Golden State can win Game 4 against Dallas to take a 3-1 lead, I think the Mavs are toast. Denver has the same opportunity if they hold serve at home against San Antonio.

The East looks like Detroit's to lose.

I wonder if there's ever been a year when the two teams that played in the NBA Finals the previous year both got eliminated in the first round the next.

The West is on the verge of getting real interesting...if Golden State can win Game 4 against Dallas to take a 3-1 lead, I think the Mavs are toast. Denver has the same opportunity if they hold serve at home against San Antonio.

The East looks like Detroit's to lose.

I wonder if there's ever been a year when the two teams that played in the NBA Finals the previous year both got eliminated in the first round the next.

I think if Dallas and San Antonio lose in the first round, the West will be the Suns to lose. Then again, I'm sure Dallas thought they were going to sweep GS, so who knows.

The Bulls are a definite wild-card right now...they completely dominated Miami and have played well against Detroit this year. I figure Detroit will beat the Bulls, but it'll be a tough series like the ones they used to play in the late '80s-early '90s.

Dallas-Golden State tonight is going to be interesting to watch...GS is riding a ton of momentum and Dallas looks completely clueless against them.

The Bulls are a definite wild-card right now...they completely dominated Miami and have played well against Detroit this year. I figure Detroit will beat the Bulls, but it'll be a tough series like the ones they used to play in the late '80s-early '90s.

Dallas-Golden State tonight is going to be interesting to watch...GS is riding a ton of momentum and Dallas looks completely clueless against them.

I would have to agree here. I think Dallas is done. Even if they find a way to win tonight, I think that they get run out of the next game @ GS. Those GS guys seem hungry and the fans can sense it. I think that if the Bulls play the way they did against Miami, that they have a shot...at beating Detroit. I think that having Big Ben may help in knowing some of the inside scoop on things to look for with Detroit in the postseason.

Cuban is going to go postal if the Mavs get put out by Golden State, of all teams.

As much as I like the hometown Horry and the Spurs, I'm pulling for the Suns. Nash is too amazing of a talent not to be in the Finals.

Suns v. Bulls is my dream series.

I said Suns versus Cavs about a week ago, and looks like at least the Suns have a great shot to make the finals, especially with Dallas on the verge of elimination.

While Cleveland just completed a 4 game sweep of the Wizards, it had to be one of the more unimpressive sweeps I've seen in recent years. Every game was in doubt til the end, and the Wizards were lacking their two leading scorers the entire series. I like the way Chicago and Detroit are playing, and look for the winner of that series to make it to the finals from the east. And I'm still staying with the Suns from the West.

Adios to the LA Kobes and the Denver Thuggets. Good riddance!

...and the Mavericks are sent home with their collective tails between their legs. I don't think I've ever seen the team with the best record in the league (by a fairly wide margin) poop the bed that badly in a first-round matchup. Golden State dominated that series...Dallas looked completely clueless.

...and the Mavericks are sent home with their collective tails between their legs. I don't think I've ever seen the team with the best record in the league (by a fairly wide margin) poop the bed that badly in a first-round matchup. Golden State dominated that series...Dallas looked completely clueless.

No doubt. And I loved every second of it. :cheer::cheer:

This makes the West wide open now. The Suns and Spurs should be a good series with the winner being the favorite to win it all, but the Western Conference finals won't be any walk in the park.

I have to say I was quite impressed with the crowd at Golden State last night... Reminded me of a great college crowd. It was loud and everybody was standing up.

Just think, if the NBA had college football's title format, the Golden State Warriors never would have seen the light of day.

Ahhh, the beauty of a playoff system.

I wish Nelson would have pointed at Cuban and laughed and then threw some of the confetti on him. I'm not an NBA fan, but I was definitely interested in this series. Congrats to Golden State. :cheer:

detroittt basketball!

GOOOOO PISTONS!

That's what I'm talking about! :thumbsup:

No doubt. And I loved every second of it. :cheer::cheer:

This makes the West wide open now. The Suns and Spurs should be a good series with the winner being the favorite to win it all, but the Western Conference finals won't be any walk in the park.

whoever makes it out of this series alive is going to win it all. It'll probably be Pheonix vs. Detroit in the Finals.

Archived