part-time job for teen boy wanted

TigerHeat

AU grad serving in military overseas needs part-time job for teenage son with car. This boy is prime grocery-sacking, shelf-stocking, truck-unloading material. Hints greatly appreciated.....

Huntsville area!

What part of Huntsville? Star Markets are always hiring teenagers.

Thanks, hadn't thought of them....

Talk to golf courses. working as Cart boy or maintenance. If you work Maint. you have to be at work REALLY early but you get off usually around 1 or 3 during the summers plus you usually get free golf and it starts out paying much more than a grocery store or the such. It's tough work but fun. Most kids that i know that worked at a course doing that have decided to go to school to do it for a living. With a degree it pays well.

also Publix.

Talk to golf courses. working as Cart boy or maintenance. If you work Maint. you have to be at work REALLY early but you get off usually around 1 or 3 during the summers plus you usually get free golf and it starts out paying much more than a grocery store or the such. It's tough work but fun. Most kids that i know that worked at a course doing that have decided to go to school to do it for a living. With a degree it pays well.

Worked at Colonial Golf Course in Meridianville myself. It was a great experience.

Phone # is 256-828-0431

Maybe it's just me, but when I see the topic line "part time job for teen boy" I get an involuntary shudder. It looks odd. I guess I've read too much about priests and whatnot.

Maybe it's just me, but when I see the topic line "part time job for teen boy" I get an involuntary shudder. It looks odd. I guess I've read too much about priests and whatnot.

You weren't the only one...

• 3 weeks later...

You guys are sick.

You guys are sick.

I wasn't aware that was a point in contention.

If I had to do it all over again, I would have mowed lawns rather than work at Arby's. 20-30 bucks a lawn, all in cash, without taxes taken out. Now it's closer to 50 bucks in my neighborhood. If you're a teenager, you can rack up during the summertime. Two lawns a day x 5 days a week x 10 weeks in Summer = $5,000. And that doesn't even include what you do during fall and spring.

Then plow it all into commercial real estate.

If I had to do it all over again, I would have mowed lawns rather than work at Arby's. 20-30 bucks a lawn, all in cash, without taxes taken out. Now it's closer to 50 bucks in my neighborhood. If you're a teenager, you can rack up during the summertime. Two lawns a day x 5 days a week x 10 weeks in Summer = $5,000. And that doesn't even include what you do during fall and spring.

Plus fringe benefits from desperate housewives :big:

"So, Timmy. You look kind of...hot," she said, leaning on the door frame of the patio. Mrs. Thompson had always been attractive to me, but suddenly something was different. Her eye had a gleam to it. In the summer sun, her tank top barely held in some impressive cleavage for a woman her age, mostly firm but with just the right amount of wanton sag.

"Why don't you come in for a drink?" Mrs. Thompson suggested, turning away and sashaying towards the kitchen, giving her hips an exaggerated swing to them....

• 2 weeks later...

"So, Timmy. You look kind of...hot," she said, leaning on the door frame of the patio. Mrs. Thompson had always been attractive to me, but suddenly something was different. Her eye had a gleam to it. In the summer sun, her tank top barely held in some impressive cleavage for a woman her age, mostly firm but with just the right amount of wanton sag.

"Why don't you come in for a drink?" Mrs. Thompson suggested, turning away and sashaying towards the kitchen, giving her hips an exaggerated swing to them....

Where is the rest of the story? Come on don't leave us hangin!

Where is the rest of the story? Come on don't leave us hangin!

I'll just skip to the end since we have some delicate ears around here (yes I mean you Brian...) Then we all showered and went at it again.

• 6 months later...

Golf courses are the best bet for a summer job. I worked at Hampton Cove. They especially will hire college kids or seniors going into college. They know they'll work hard because they need the money. 5:30-2:30 at 7 or 8 bucks an hour isn't bad.

Lots of new businesses opening up at the new mall off of Old Madison Pike too...

Archived