AU drops one to Troy

I feel for Justin.

Public opinion will probably not be too kind to him with the one-two punch of being saddled with the losses for the first inning of the uat game and the last of this Troy game.

Hopefully he'll keep his head up. Despite how it sounds he actually did a good job last night.

He struck out the first two batters. Then with one out to go someone knocked one out of the little league field they have there in Troy.

Yeah, so apparently Slater's running his mouth about Troy's field being too small which allowed for the walk-off in the 16th.

So let me get this straight - their field is too small, yet our offense (and Slater's an offensive guru, or at least was at Florida) managed 4 runs in 16 innings off Troy pitching.

Hmm. Just a thought.

man you really dont like this guy. Where is he running his mouth about that?

I sure hope he doesnt consider himself an offensive guru. Our offense has definitely been the weakness this season.

I dont know what the deal is with Bristow. He was doing great at the beginning of the season out of the pen. He didnt allow a baserunner there for a while. But as a starter he has been pretty bad especially in 1st innings. I think he should stick to the pen. His hard stuff seems to work better from there.

If theres any plus, our midweek starter and relief held them to 5 runs in 16 innings.

We have to forget about this one. Every SEC series is huge from now on out, and we need these home wins.

Nothing to really be ashamed of. Troy is a solid program and in my opinion, is the best team in the state this year.

This has really been a terrible year for baseball in Alabama. Both us and AU have been duds.

I am so sick of people making excuses for Auburn and Slater. People want to call Troys field a little league field, I believe Auburn played on the same field, and struck out 24 times! How does that make Auburn look, they cant hit it out of a little league field. And for the people that did not see the homerun that Brooks hit out of the "little league" field, he pissed on it! Also, maybe Auburn would have had a chance to win in the top of the 16th when Bristow made the last out....that was Bianucci spot in the lineup and he was thrown out for being a punk and running over the catcher. And how about the blown call by the umpire, after the Bianucci incident, the man should not have even been at 2nd base, and the SEC umpires kept him there, giving Auburn a chance to win. And Bristow pops up against a side arm guy throwing 80? Lets blame the small field in the loss!

On top of that...Auburn is lacking in talent, and SEC school with a walk on 5'6 Short Stop! Are you kidding me! Also, I hear that some of the players have gotten in trouble, and they still are playing because Slater cant afford to keep them out of the lineup because his job is on the line. Nice Discipline Slate!

Quit making excuses and just get the job done.

I am so sick of people making excuses for Auburn and Slater. People want to call Troys field a little league field, I believe Auburn played on the same field, and struck out 24 times! How does that make Auburn look, they cant hit it out of a little league field. And for the people that did not see the homerun that Brooks hit out of the "little league" field, he pissed on it! Also, maybe Auburn would have had a chance to win in the top of the 16th when Bristow made the last out....that was Bianucci spot in the lineup and he was thrown out for being a punk and running over the catcher. And how about the blown call by the umpire, after the Bianucci incident, the man should not have even been at 2nd base, and the SEC umpires kept him there, giving Auburn a chance to win. And Bristow pops up against a side arm guy throwing 80? Lets blame the small field in the loss!

On top of that...Auburn is lacking in talent, and SEC school with a walk on 5'6 Short Stop! Are you kidding me! Also, I hear that some of the players have gotten in trouble, and they still are playing because Slater cant afford to keep them out of the lineup because his job is on the line. Nice Discipline Slate!

Quit making excuses and just get the job done.

TroyPerry?

Archived