Next Season

auwallace

okay, now that we've lost Lewis, what do you guys think is a reasonable expectation for next season? I think that its pretty much a berth in the NCAA's or the season is a bust and Lebo feels the heat. I don't think this is an unreasonable expectation in the least.

I would tend to agree. I look for steady improvement in the outside game and some welcomed help on the inside from a big man. I think next year we have to get over the hump and start winning the close ones.

I think we make the Tourney... And maybe go a couple of games into it.

If we get the NIT I think we should still stick with Lebo another year... If not then his seat should be getting quite hot.

I'm all for giving Lebo the chance if he makes the NIT. Losing Lewis will hurt. I am hopeful that these experienced players can turn the corner and make a run in 07-08.

I'll 2nd, 3rd, and 4th the opinions above. The NIT would be progress (since we couldn't sneak in there this year). I think that is the bare minnimum as far as expectations go. I think we should make the tourney and I think that is what we are capable of. The SEC will be tough again. UF will come back to the pack and I think next years bball standings will look like this years baseball standings with everyone beating up on each other.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Hustle, never give up attitude, a winning conference record and no more "we're young" comments.

All that and some windmill dunks.

The worst thing Auburn could ever do is fire Jeff Lebo after next season.

If you guys want to can Lebo, please let Mal Moore know in advance so that we can arrange a trade.

Look at the absolute mess he stepped into when he took the job. Not only was Auburn on probation, they didn't have any talent to show for their cheating. Now, playing Auburn isn't a sure win and you guys certainly have upset capabilities. I saw this first hand on two separate ocassions this past season.

Also, he's recruiting to an absolute dump right now. Things should be a lot different when the new arena is built...

The worst thing Auburn could ever do is fire Jeff Lebo after next season.

If you guys want to can Lebo, please let Mal Moore know in advance so that we can arrange a trade.

Look at the absolute mess he stepped into when he took the job. Not only was Auburn on probation, they didn't have any talent to show for their cheating. Now, playing Auburn isn't a sure win and you guys certainly have upset capabilities. I saw this first hand on two separate ocassions this past season.

Also, he's recruiting to an absolute dump right now. Things should be a lot different when the new arena is built...

Exactly Auburn should hang on to Lebo as long as possible even if he does not live to certian expectations every single year.

Lebo will not be fired after next season unless the team completely tanks, as in a losing record. His seat may become hot with another mediocre campaign, but he I just don't see him getting canned.

That being said, I seriously think we can win 20 games and expect to get a bid to the dance. We have all the important pieces come back from this year's team, plus have some incoming height. If those guys are remotely competent, that should force teams to play us different and open up some options on the offensive end of the floor. Plus it wouldn't hurt to have a big man down low to swat some shots. :big:

20 wins is no longer the barometer.

20 wins in this day in age would equal about 7 or 8 in the SEC and a punched ticket to the NIT. It's all about RPI, quality wins, and what you've done lately.

20 wins is no longer the barometer.

20 wins in this day in age would equal about 7 or 8 in the SEC and a punched ticket to the NIT. It's all about RPI, quality wins, and what you've done lately.

Maybe I should have said that 20 wins is the minimum for expectations. We haven't done that the past 4 seasons, so it should be time to return to at least that number. Then we can hope for a tourney bid depending on our conference record.

I think that 20 wins would be a good bench mark for Lebo since Auburn doesn't have many 20+ win seasons. Also with that amount of wins then the SEC record would be somewhat decent and maybe even a few SEC tourney wins thrown in. I would like to see the team play at a more consistent level.

Archived