3-point line to be moved...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2859065

Twenty years ago, the NCAA made one of the most significant rules changes in its history when it instituted the 3-point shot.

In the year of the 20-year anniversary, the NCAA men's basketball rules committee decided the line needed a makeover.

So, beginning with the 2008-09 season, assuming the measure is approved May 25 by the Playing Rules Oversight Committee, the line will move back a full foot to 20 feet, 9 inches. The committee chose, however, not to expand the size of the lane.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2859065

Twenty years ago, the NCAA made one of the most significant rules changes in its history when it instituted the 3-point shot.

In the year of the 20-year anniversary, the NCAA men's basketball rules committee decided the line needed a makeover.

So, beginning with the 2008-09 season, assuming the measure is approved May 25 by the Playing Rules Oversight Committee, the line will move back a full foot to 20 feet, 9 inches. The committee chose, however, not to expand the size of the lane.

dang. that is the rule change I was hoping for.

Both rules are needed. What is the difference between the new college arc and the NBA three point line?

Moving the 3-point line back is long overdue...the current distance is the same as HS.

I'll be interested to see how much this would change a team's philosophy about gunning away from the outside...a foot doesn't sound like a lot at first, but it will have an impact.

I like this change but I still want to know why the international line is different than the NBA line?

Cause Americans are ignorant and Bush is evil...uh wrong forum?

I like this change but I still want to know why the international line is different than the NBA line?

Cause Americans are ignorant and Bush is evil...uh wrong forum?

Speaking of bushes, Slug, ya'll got any mandevilla's down there at work? And how much are they?

Archived