Quotes from Dean Smith about Lebo

autkidd

"Jeff is a good teacher," Smith said. "He always picked up things better than anybody on the team. He has won everywhere that he has been."

"I really believed that the first time I saw him. You had a guy who was fundamentally sound, extremely competitive and was willing to make the sacrifices and do the things to help his team win. You had that feeling for him as a player. You just knew that when he finished playing that he was going to be a coach."

"I loved watching his teams and talking to him over the phone for years and years. I told Auburn that they were going to get a guy who is a basketball nut, a basketball junkie. If he were still playing, he would be a gym rat, and that he will do a great, great job."

Coming from one of the greatest coaches in the game... Can't complain...

That's good to hear those words of endorsement from Dean. After all, if the coach with the 2nd most all time D-1 wins doesn't know what he's talking about, who does?

That's good to hear those words of endorsement from Dean. After all, if the coach with the 2nd most all time D-1 wins doesn't know what he's talking about, who does?

Well, we've all heard and seen what the winningest coach in college basketball has said, and I don't think a lot of people think much of what he's said. But I tend to like Bobby K. He tells it like it is, even if he does throw a chair and choke a player here and there.

Dean and Bobby both know what they are talking about, just that the General uses more "colorful" words.

Archived