What in the world?

WarTim

According to the bamaham news today, "Three castilles going to lswho?"

J. Castille and his son that is currently on the tahrd payroll going to BR with the younger S. Castille?

Something is ROTTEN, or more so than we expected, in tuscaloser.

This could get REALLY interesting. Who cares who they may "sign"?

They can't keep the kids that they already have.

Merry Christmas.....indeed.

WAR EAGLE ! ! ! ! :D:P:D

Tim you are dreaming! Nothing could be farther from the truth! The latest news on Simeon Castille is that Bama is in the lead again and the likely school of choice.

You can say what you want, but this is a total fabrication. The Birmingham News has no such story!

If you want a Bama fans opinion, you should worry about your school that isn't doing terribly well in the recruiting wars and less about Bama.

Well now isnt that a great first post from a bama fan to head over here and start bashing......

Due to the fact that we snagged Alabama's "Mr. Football" last year, I think we can afford a year without going after Alabama blue chips. :P

Just kidding. :lol:

NOthing is fact until they sign on the dotted line.........so i say all this word of mouth is just that until feb.

Ok the bama fans who are on this thread saying," no link no post" are really not making sense....that is only a rule if it is 100% certain and in NO WAY does it go with recruiting...because thats never 100%....and people post this stuff all the time..its recruiting season.

Besides...your comeback on "auburns recruiting" was a lame one...grow up.

Okay, here is the point. Tim states that there is a link saying that the Castille's are all leaving Bama. That is a blatant lie. He has no such story from the Birmingham News and I said so.

As for the recruiting, Rival's has Bama currently listed at #18 and Auburn listed at #49. That is an independent body who ranks all D1 school based on current commitments.

As for saying it's no set in stone, you are absolutely correct. Nothing is set in stone until February 4th when they sign.

As for my "lame" comeback...again, it's not lame, but rather a statement from an educated and informed position. Rivals.com says so and I just reiterated their position. #49 out of 100 or so D1 schools isn't what I would call setting the woods on fire.

Finally, once again, I was not and am not flaming, but rather stating two separate facts. The first is the Tim is full of crap and can't provide a link or any other source to back up his lame excuse for a statement and second that Auburn's current recruiting situation is not looking good. My source is Rivals.com...go there yourself if you care to.

Or you can look at other Auburn fans who agree with me in other posts on this board.

Due to the fact that we snagged Alabama's "Mr. Football" last year, I think we can afford a year without going after Alabama blue chips. :P

Just kidding. :lol:

well already have 1 Alabama Blue Chipper commit to us in Chevis Jackson from Mobile. We were After Tony Bell, but we have back off on recruiting him alot. But with that being said.

I think Simeon Castille ends up at Bama simply because LSU is loaded with young talent in the secondary. In this years recruiting class alone LSU already have commitments from 3 Safties and 3 cornerbacks. We are also still recruiting a 4 star cornerback out of Waco Texas.

I think if Castille came to LSU he would have to compete for playing time at CB because LSU is going to be loaded at Safety. LaRon Landry already has the Free Safety spot on lockdown. Sophmore Jesse Daniels, and Freshman Darryl Johnson and Craig Steltz will compete for the strong safety spot Darryl Johnson is a 5 star prospect and Steltz is 4 star.

At Cornerback LSU is still loaded even with losing Corey Webster (if he decides to leave early). We have Travis Daniels, Ronnie Prude, Nick Child, Daniel Francis, Keron Gordon and with recruits Mario Stevenson, Jeffery Jack, and Chevis Jackson already Commited to us.

LSU Tiger, you are absolutely correct. Actually Simeon was told by Saban that he would welcome him as a WR, but that you guys were already loaded at Corner and Safety and he likely wouldn't get playing time.

If Simeon is interested in playing both ways as he's said, he can come to Bama because we need help everywhere!

I think Simeon is enjoying the process and that's why he hasn't commited to anyone.

I do hope he does come to Bama, but who knows what an 18 year old kid will do?

LSU Tiger, you are absolutely correct.  Actually  Simeon was told by Saban that he would welcome him as a WR, but that you guys were already loaded at Corner and Safety and he likely wouldn't get playing time.

If Simeon is interested in playing both ways as he's said, he can come to Bama because we need help everywhere!

I think Simeon is enjoying the process and that's why he hasn't commited to anyone.

I do hope he does come to Bama, but who knows what an 18 year old kid will do?

well we are more loaded at WR than we are in the secondary. I think Michael Clayton will stay for his senior year (just a gut feeling). We will lose Devery Henderson this year however.

Next year we will have possibly: Michael Clayton SR, Sklyer Green JR, Dwayne Bowe SO, Craig Davis SO, and Amp Hill RSFR. (all 3 of these were bluechippers from last year)

Also we are in the Final 2 in the 2 best WR's in the nation this year in Early Doucet and Xavier Carter. Early Doucet will be a Tiger, and its very possible so will Carter even though his high school is a Florida pipeline. We are also in the final 3 of a 4 star WR from Mississippi. All 3 of these kids will be featured in the High School All-American game on January 3rd. Be fun watching Castille try to cover Doucet ( I think Doucet will make him and whoever look foolish)

These are LSU commitments to date:

Craig Steltz (SS, 6'2", 200) Rummel. Craig Steltz is known for his physical style of play - he gives 100 percent every play. Craig is a two-time first team All-State player and chose LSU over Colorado, Notre Dame and several SEC schools.

Chevis Jackson (WR/DB, 6'1", 180, 4.5), Mobile, ST Paul. Chose LSU over Alabama, South Carolina and Louisville and received more than 10 scholarship offers.

Charles Alexander (DL, 6'4", 280), Breaux Bridge. Alexander has great speed for a player his size and is expected to grow another inch before arriving at LSU. Alexander chose LSU over Oklahoma State, Miami, FSU, Texas A&M and Tulane.

E.J. Kuale (LB, 6'3", 225), Dodge City Community College. Kuale chose LSU over West Virginia, KSU, Florida, Miami and Oklahoma.

Matt Stoltz (LB, 6'3", 238) Pulaski Academy in North Little Rock. Stoltz is the No. 2 ranked player in the state of Arkansas and chose LSU over Arkansas, Iowa, Nebraska, Tennessee and Virginia. Matt is a national honor society student with a 3.8 GPA.

Brett Helms (OL, 6'3", 300) from Stuttgard, Arkansas. Brett Helms chose LSU over Arkansas and Tennessee. Helms is the No.3 ranked player in the state of Arkansas and is an honor student with a 3.7 GPA.

Ryan Miller (OL, 6'6", 300) Barbe. Ryan Miller is considered the top offensive linemen prospect in the state of Louisiana and one of the top offensive lineman prospects in the nation. Ryan Miller chose LSU over Texas A&M and received scholarship offers from most of the major college programs in the nation.

Tremaine Johnson (DE/DL, 6'2", 260) Houston (Galena Park). Johnson squats 470 and chose LSU over Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska and many more 1-A schools. Tremaine made the Dave Campbell preseason All-Texas team and is considered one of the top 10 defensive linemen in the nation in high school football.

Mario Stevenson (CB, 6'2", 195) Northeast Mississippi Junior College. Mario is considered one of the top junior college cornerbacks in the nation and chose LSU over Memphis, Mississippi State, Arkansas, Florida, Tennessee and Auburn.

Jeffery Jack, (DB, 5'10", 175, 4.5) Houston Madison. Chose LSU over Texas A&M, Tennessee, Arkansas and several other major colleges.

Claude Wroten (DT, 6'3", 315) Mississippi Delta CC . Wroten played his high school football at Bastrop before signing with Mississippi Delta CC and chose LSU over Mississippi State, Florida and Miami.

Curtis Taylor (SS/SE, 6'3", 180), Franklinton, Louisiana. Curtis chose LSU over Arkansas, Ole Miss and several in-state schools.

Max Holmes (C, 6'4", 288), Parkview Baptist. Max received offers from Auburn, Arkansas, Florida, Indiana and Michigan State, but accepted the LSU offer the same day he was offered.

Mit Cole (TE, 6'4", 255) Picayune, Mississippi. Mit chose LSU over Ole Miss, the school that his dad attended.

Jerald Watson (ATH, 6'0", 180), Central Catholic of Morgan City. Watson runs a 4.37 forty and will run track and field also at LSU. Watson chose LSU over all the major schools in the South.

Glenn Dorsey (DT, 6'3", 280), East Ascension. Dorsey has great speed for a defensive tackle and is almost impossible to block one-on-one. Dorsey was recruited by several SEC schools, including Auburn and Florida.

Quinn Johnson (LB, 6'3" 230) West St. John. Johnson has great potential and his best football is in front of him.

Tyson Jackson (DE/OL, 6'7", 280), West St. John. Jackson has all the tools to become a great player at LSU.

That gives LSU 18 commitments and add 2 more from last year's class that will resign with LSU again this year that give us 20 commitments. That leaves us with around 6-7 that we have left to give out:

these are the players I expect to fill out LSU's Class:

1. Early Doucet - WR - St. Martinville

2. Luke Sanders - LB - West Monroe

3. Jacob Hester - FB/LB - Shreveport (Evangel)

4. Marlon Favorite - DT- West Jefferson

5. Jay Lucas - RB - Baton Rouge (Redemporist)

6. Darryl Richard - DT- Destrahan

Other Possiblites: Darius Reynaud - WR/RB from Edard (Hahnville), Xavier Carter- WR- Melbourne (Palm Bay), Marcus Carter-CB- Waco, Texas, Xavier Mitchell- DE- Long Beach Mississippi, Calvin Darity-OG-Tallahassee (lincoln), Herman Johnson-OT from Denton Texas.

sorry for the long post just relevant to the simeon castille discussion:

Well I thought there was a no link no post kinda rule myself.

I was thinking the same thing. But I wish we could get some of the top recruits to come to auburn. Lsu needs to stay over there lol.

WARR EAGLE

We can't get any recruits because we have so many other teams to compete with. We have to compete with uab, alabama, lsu,uga,florida,fl st. miami. I know we go around the southeast looking for players but we really don't get many to sign from the southeastern states.(except for uga, and a few in florida). We need to find some more players from lsu like reggie torbor.

WARR EAGLE

"...a statement from an educated and informed position. Rivals.com says so..." :lol:

The same folks that said JC was the #2 "multi-purpose" QB in the nation

TL3, I am so pumped to see JaMarcus Russel actually play. That man is a beast. Once he decides to learn our offense and watch film, we'll have another Ro on our hands. B)

Personally I've seen JC play up to that level, but truly believe that his problem is Tubberville can't stick with an offensive system long enough to take advantage of his skills.

That's the exact same problem Bama has had with our QB's. We couldn't decide between Zow or Watts and both had flashes of brilliance, but neither set the woods on fire. Also, Brodie is going through it now.

I think Cambell is a great QB with big time talent, but has a coach and coaching staff that can't decide what type of offense they want to run.

Had they actually leaned on Cadillac from day one, this year is totally different for AU. You guys had big time talent and squandered it by poor coaching decisions. JC picked apart teams when given a real game plan (ala Alabama). Run to set up the pass! However, when you try to take an athlete with good skills and use him to set up the run it won't work. JC needed the be given the time to make his mark and if Tubby will ever learn how to coach will eventually be a big time SEC QB.

Allanbama....while your initial post may be facutal, I think your last sentence is the basis for the negative responses you got. Maybe that's just you but that's not the most diplomatic way to end your first post on an Auburn board. That's my opinon and I'm sticking with it :P

Allanbama....while your initial post may be facutal, I think your last sentence is the basis for the negative responses you got. Maybe that's just you but that's not the most diplomatic way to end your first post on an Auburn board. That's my opinon and I'm sticking with it :P

And just FYI, PT sticks with his opinions no matter what ;)

"...truly believe that his problem is Tubberville can't stick with an offensive system long enough to take advantage of his skills."

So CTT should have forbidden Petrino from leaving for Louisville and AU should have stuck with that offensive genius Mazonne? ;)

And just FYI, PT sticks with his opinions no matter what ;)

you got that right..<sigh>

Yeah but I usually base my opinions on facts or at least say it's my opinion. Also I don't go on a rival's board telling them what they should do like some people I know :D

Yeah but I usually base my opinions on facts or at least say it's my opinion. Also I don't go on a rival's board telling them what they should do like some people I know :D

Heh! I don't tell anyone what they should do...just suggest that they may be wrong sometimes... :D:P

Archived