Ranger 12

bojack34

Just wanted to let everyone know that Ranger 12 is going under the knife in the morning to have hip replacement surgery. Please keep him in your prayers and hopefully the old fart will come through it okay.

Well, he sure kept quiet about that. Ranger, we're part of your extended family. We need to know these things so we can make fun....uh, I mean pray for you.

Prayers sent. And nothing like a little hip surgery will keep a Ranger down. Here's to a speedy recovery. Thanks for letting us know bojack.

Thanks guys.

Yep, Since my back surgeries are so well documented, I was going to leave this off the board for at least until I was already back home. Yet little bro let the cat of the bag, so I will have to beat him with one of my crutched now. I'll be a little lenient on how hard I hit him since he was just trying to be a good brother.

Thanks guys.

Yep, Since my back surgeries are so well documented, I was going to leave this off the board for at least until I was already back home. Yet little bro let the cat of the bag, so I will have to beat him with one of my crutched now. I'll be a little lenient on how hard I hit him since he was just trying to be a good brother.

Are we to assume by your presence here that you are now equipped with a plastic hip?? Laptop in the Hospital? How did the surgery go??

Are we to assume by your presence here that you are now equipped with a plastic hip?? Laptop in the Hospital? How did the surgery go??

Surgery went well and of course I have my laptop...don't leave home without it. :lol:

I actually have an all metal hip. He decided to go metal on metal (titanium) because of my age.

Older people usually get some type of composite material/metal combination because they are less likely to be as active and not put it through much abuse. Plus their ages make it less likely they will be around long enough for when it wears out and they need to replace it again. However, because I am only in my 30s, he is using titanium because it can withstand more abuse and it lasts longer. I still have to be careful and I can't be as active as I used to be, but the all metal parts get me closer to being somewhat active, whereas composite materials would not.

Surgery went well and of course I have my laptop...don't leave home without it. :lol:

I actually have an all metal hip. He decided to go metal on metal (titanium) because of my age.

Older people usually get some type of composite material/metal combination because they are less likely to be as active and not put it through much abuse. Plus their ages make it less likely they will be around long enough for when it wears out and they need to replace it again. However, because I am only in my 30s, he is using titanium because it can withstand more abuse and it lasts longer. I still have to be careful and I can't be as active as I used to be, but the all metal parts get me closer to being somewhat active, whereas composite materials would not.

Going through all those airport security gates may set off all those bells & whistles.

Here's to a speedy recovery

Going through all those airport security gates may set off all those bells & whistles.

Here's to a speedy recovery

That is why the give me those handy little cards that tell security personnel that I have "junk in my trunk".

That is why the give me those handy little cards that tell security personnel that I have "junk in my trunk".

:lol: Glad to hear things went well ranger. Or is it robo-ranger now? :P

Archived