John Rocker comes out in defense of Rush

CShine

Whadda frickin' surprise. The racists start circling the wagons.

"All I will say, is people need stop being so sensitive," Rocker said while appearing on Sporting News Radio's Peter Brown Show. "(Rush) wasn't trying to physically hurt or mentally hurt Donovan McNabb. I mean, he just wasn't doing it. I know Donovan is probably a little upset by it, but that certainly wasn't (Rush's) his intent. He has been a journalist and newsman long enough to know better than to intentionally, blatantly make a comment like that to intentionally offend somebody.

I'm shocked that Tom Jackson and Michael Irvin just sat there and let this roll across their faces and didn't say anything. Do we not have anybody that understands that there's way more scrubs in this game that are Anglos than there are black ones that are being pumped up? Trust me, it's not even close. I don't know what Rush Limbaugh was thinking, but Michael Irvin and Tom Jackson didn't do us much justice, that's the one thing I was more teed off about than anything."

Rocker is right. Rush would NEVER try to "intentionally offend somebody." :rolleyes:

And gawd, I just love the part about how he wanted Jackson and Irvin to be Uncle Toms! :lol:

http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=1716480

It wasn't a racist statement. And even the normally left-leaning Slate.com thinks so:

Rush Limbaugh Was Right

Donovan McNabb isn't a great quarterback, and the media do overrate him because he is black.

By Allen Barra

Posted  Thursday, October 2, 2003, at 3:33 PM PT

Limbaugh leaves over unfair football flap

In his notorious ESPN comments last Sunday night, Rush Limbaugh said he never thought the Philadelphia Eagles' Donovan McNabb was "that good of a quarterback."

If Limbaugh were a more astute analyst, he would have been even harsher and said, "Donovan McNabb is barely a mediocre quarterback." But other than that, Limbaugh pretty much spoke the truth. Limbaugh lost his job for saying in public what many football fans and analysts have been saying privately for the past couple of seasons...

...Limbaugh is being excoriated for making race an issue in the NFL. This is hypocrisy. I don't know of a football writer who didn't regard the dearth of black NFL quarterbacks as one of the most important issues in the late '80s and early '90s. (The topic really caught fire after 1988, when Doug Williams of the Washington Redskins became the first black quarterback to win a Super Bowl.)

So far, no black quarterback has been able to dominate a league in which the majority of the players are black. To pretend that many of us didn't want McNabb to be the best quarterback in the NFL because he's black is absurd. To say that we shouldn't root for a quarterback to win because he's black is every bit as nonsensical as to say that we shouldn't have rooted for Jackie Robinson to succeed because he was black. (Please, I don't need to be reminded that McNabb's situation is not so difficult or important as Robinson's—I'm talking about a principle.) ...

http://www.slate.com/id/2089193/

If John Rocker is defending him..........OH God!!!! :slapfh:

Never had a problem with Rocker. You sensitive sissies out there just want to suck up everything the media gives you. Sad little zombies that you are.

Rocker only said what any deep south country boy would have thought when he set foot on that subway. I remember my first ride on MARTA. I was scared to death of all the different people on there. But I guess that makes me a racist pig.

If thats all it takes, add my name to the list. We are the way we were raised and culture we were brought up in. It takes life's experiences to educate us. Unfortunately, Rocker's education in this area was public. But he is not the scourge of the earth that you slugs make him out to be. You righteous twits don't even reallize that there ar a hell of a lot of people growing up in the same manner Rocker did, with the same attitudes. Life takes longer to mold some than others. But I damn sure would rather have him in my corner than somebody I do not know or understand.

All of the name calling aside, I'm curious...why are you afraid of people that are different from you?

Oh tigeral, he who feareth not, please enlighten us. How may we be more like you and not be afraid of people that are different from us?????????

You know if you have never feared a stranger(who for whatever reason was different from you) in your life, this might be a legitimate question. As it stands it looks like some self serving blah blah blah to me! All people have a tendency to fear what they don't understand.

If you went to the most crime ridden area of a major city to offer free treatment for charity are you telling me that you wouldn't be at least a little fearful?

btw, don't care for rocker because of his attitude. Don't care for limbaugh either. What he said wasn't racist imo but it wasn't really correct either. The qb always gets too much credit whether a team is losing or winning.

All of the name calling aside, I'm curious...why are you afraid of people that are different from you?

TigerAl,

So you are without fear huh? Guess we should start calling you SuperTigerAl. So if you were in a big city going down a dark street or alley and you met a group of guys that did not look too honest, are trying to tell me you would not be weary or scared of them? If you say you would not, then you are full of bs. Good ole Uncle Sam trained me to be able to take care of myself pretty good, and also know when I am in a situation I need to be weary and suspcious of. Does that make me racist because I fear what I don't know or does that mean I have an instinct for survival. Don't give me that "why do you fear what you don't know" crap! Most people have a fear of things they are not used to. Only after being exposed to whatever it is that is unknown more, then do you start to learn about it rather then fear it. It some cases, the more you do learn about it, the more you do fear it. I want get into crime statistics an all that, but there is a reason why people fear certain situations and who is involved at the time. That is not racist to think that. If it is racist, then isn't it also racist to think that all white people want to hold that black man down as you hear alot? I have quite a few friends of all races and even they make racist remarks about whites, knowing that the white friends they have, including me, are not like that. All races make racist remarks, not just whites. If all races would quit bringing up the race issue so much, then racism itself may actually disappear. That will never happen, because anytime somebody thinks they have been wrongly accused, did not get a job, or not willing to take the blame for their own actions, the easy way out is to scream discrimination. I am not saying that real racism does not exist, but our definition or racism has become skewed. With all they opportunities given to minorities to better themselves these days, it is very hard for me to believe that it exists as much as the media whould like for me to believe. These days, a person can't even say the word black or mexican without being called a racist. We need to quit worrying about pansie stuff like that and focus on what is left of real racism in this country. That is where people are really being hurt.

In the words of Tiger Al's favorite ambassador....."Why cain't we all jess gettaaalllooonngggg?" :roflol::roflol::roflol:

Archived