Boubacar Sylla, a 7'1" center

kingfish

Auburn's men's basketball received good news Tuesday, August 7, 2007. Boubacar Sylla, a 7'1" center from Stoneridge of Simi Valley, California has been declared eligible for the 2007-2008 season

Auburn's men's basketball received good news Tuesday, August 7, 2007. Boubacar Sylla, a 7'1" center from Stoneridge of Simi Valley, California has been declared eligible for the 2007-2008 season

I posted too soon ... sorry about that. I saw the answer a little further down the basketball page.

I posted too soon ... sorry about that. I saw the answer a little further down the basketball page.

That's why it was good news to Auburn men's basketball... ;)

It will be nice to have the tallest AU basketball player on the men's team for a change.

It will be nice to have the tallest AU basketball player on the men's team for a change.

:roflol:

• 4 weeks later...

by the way. I saw this big 7 footer standing outside JH after the AU Kstate game and I said are you Boubacar? and he's like yeah....I said welcome to the plains. We are glad to have you. I shook his hands and I think he can palm two basketballs. His hands are huge...WDE Go Boubacar

• 3 weeks later...

by the way. I saw this big 7 footer standing outside JH after the AU Kstate game and I said are you Boubacar? and he's like yeah....I said welcome to the plains. We are glad to have you. I shook his hands and I think he can palm two basketballs. His hands are huge...WDE Go Boubacar

Aside from his height, what kind of build is he? Does he have any meat on his bones?

I watched him at a shoot around before the K-State game. He's got some meat on the his bones and is big enough not to get pushed around. Of course, you can't tell much from this or about what kind of player he'll be, but the guy's got a nice touch from all over the court. He was making far more 3's than he was missing.

I watched him at a shoot around before the K-State game. He's got some meat on the his bones and is big enough not to get pushed around. Of course, you can't tell much from this or about what kind of player he'll be, but the guy's got a nice touch from all over the court. He was making far more 3's than he was missing.

A 7-footer that can hit 3s sounds promising. That is something that's hard to defense. He also wouldn't have to run the full length of the court when he's nailing 3s.

If he is the guy I was walking next to after the NMSU game, he has the body to be a force. I am 6'4" and came up to around his shoulders. He did not have the Mamadou build, that's for sure.

Archived