Tolbert

kwagoner

This was extremely stupid on his part.

The Story

This was obviously a stupid thing to do.....However I have a little sympathy for those of us who have had our car towed. I'm guessing he didn't have the 100 bucks or whatever and he was trying to get his car out his own way. I'm guessing he'll be suspended a few games but this doesn't sound like a major incident.

arrested for dui+stole his car from impound = kicked off team

there is no place for this, that kind of behavior is unacceptable

yeah....it sux for this team. While I do think the parking services folks could use a backhand with their dictatorship mentality; I have to say this was overboard for sure.

Well, I agree with that about 99%. The 1% that I disagree comes from once my truck was unfairly towed and I had to pay $120 to get it back.

The problem is that towing is a racket. They can tow you at any time for any reason, and you have NO APPEAL. If you park in a legal spot in a legal zone and you come out and your car has been towed, that's just too bad. You HAVE TO pay the money to get your car back. This happened to me. I parked in the lot across from the new medical clinic one day during band camp. It was a Sunday, and it was Sorority Bid day and there were tons and tons of people parking illegally. They just happened to get my truck mixed in with all the infringers, and it cost me $120 for going to work and parking in the correct place.

Charges Dropped Against Tolbert

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/218/story/146715.html

Posted on Fri, Oct. 05, 2007reprint or license print email Digg it del.icio.us AIM

Tolbert charges dropped

AUBURN, Ala. --Auburn basketball coach Jeff Lebo said on Thursday that all charges against guard Frank Tolbert hav been dropped.

Tolbert was arrested on Sept. 20 for driving under the influence, then on Sept. 21 for third-degree criminal mischief after he climbed a fence at a towing company and drove through a gate with his impounded vehicle. The DUI charges were dropped after tests revealed Tolbert was not over the legal limit of .08. The second charge was dropped following restitution for damage to the fence.

Auburn's basketball program has been hit with two high-profile arrests in the last three weeks. Forward Josh Dollard was arrested in the early hours of Wednesday morning on an outstanding warrant for failure to pay a fine in another arrest, according to published reports.

Christa Turner

What is it with athletes and impound lots here recently? Boneheads.

Well, I agree with that about 99%. The 1% that I disagree comes from once my truck was unfairly towed and I had to pay $120 to get it back.

The problem is that towing is a racket. They can tow you at any time for any reason, and you have NO APPEAL. If you park in a legal spot in a legal zone and you come out and your car has been towed, that's just too bad. You HAVE TO pay the money to get your car back. This happened to me. I parked in the lot across from the new medical clinic one day during band camp. It was a Sunday, and it was Sorority Bid day and there were tons and tons of people parking illegally. They just happened to get my truck mixed in with all the infringers, and it cost me $120 for going to work and parking in the correct place.

I couldn't agree more. What's worse is when you come out to car and they have put a boot on your wheel. That will ruin your day. They did that at that place across the street where students stay across from Samford Hall. It happened to me my freshman year and I tried to deflate my tire and take it off. It didn't work. Anyway getting your car towed sucks and while I don't agree with what Tolbert did I can understand his plight and being pissed off enough to go in take his car back.....

Charges Dropped Against Tolbert

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/218/story/146715.html

Posted on Fri, Oct. 05, 2007reprint or license print email Digg it del.icio.us AIM

Tolbert charges dropped

AUBURN, Ala. --Auburn basketball coach Jeff Lebo said on Thursday that all charges against guard Frank Tolbert hav been dropped.

Tolbert was arrested on Sept. 20 for driving under the influence, then on Sept. 21 for third-degree criminal mischief after he climbed a fence at a towing company and drove through a gate with his impounded vehicle. The DUI charges were dropped after tests revealed Tolbert was not over the legal limit of .08. The second charge was dropped following restitution for damage to the fence.

Auburn's basketball program has been hit with two high-profile arrests in the last three weeks. Forward Josh Dollard was arrested in the early hours of Wednesday morning on an outstanding warrant for failure to pay a fine in another arrest, according to published reports.

Christa Turner

http://www.al.com/sports/mobileregister/in....xml&coll=3

In other news, Auburn coach Jeff Lebo issued a statement through the media relations office saying all charges against senior guard Frank Tolbert had been dropped.

An Auburn clerk said late Thursday afternoon that there had been no change in the status of Tolbert's cases.

Tolbert was arrested for drunk driving Sept. 20 and third-degree criminal mischief Sept. 21 in connection with an incident at an impound lot in which he allegedly damaged a metal fence by driving his SUV through the gate.

An Auburn city attorney said he believed Tolbert had agreed to a restitution plan with the towing company. Attempts to reach Auburn Express Towing and its attorney were unsuccessful Thursday.

Archived