UGA season ends before it begins....as usual

SouthLink02

What started out as a season of promise for Georgia's basketball team received some stunning news when Bulldogs coach Dennis Felton announced three players – including two starters – have been suspended for significant portions of the upcoming season.

Felton announced that he's suspended junior guard Mike Mercer for 15 games, senior forward Takais Brown for nine and sophomore Albert Jackson for six games.

According to Felton , the trio was suspended for violating UGA's academic policy.

http://uga.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=725458

Just...don't ask me...don't know, don't care

We suck

Meh. Six games? In basketball, that's mostly tune ups against cream puffs.

In fact, here's the six games they'll miss:

Jacksonville St.

Grambling

Elon

at Wisconsin

Delaware St.

AUGUSTA

You still look good for a 5-1 record during that stretch.

Oh, I see now. So here's the schedule:

Jacksonville St.

Grambling

Elon

at Wisconsin

Delaware St.

AUGUSTA

Wake Forest

East Tenn St.

PRESBYTERIAN

at Gonzaga

Georgia Tech

at Miss. State

Alabama

Arkansas

at Tennessee

I still see no worse than 8-7 and possibly as high as 10-5 as guys start to get back from suspension. You get one guy back right before Wake Forest and another back right before Gonzaga. You'll be back to full strength in time for South Carolina, Kentucky, Vanderbilt and Florida.

A good friend of mine is a high school basketball coach.He had a player at UGA when Felton took over.The kid was a starter.Started as a freshman as a matter of fact.He and Felton were having some problems.My friend,and the players elderly grandmother went to Athens for a sit down with Felton to see what the problems were,get to know each other,basically to see what the player was or was not doing.My friend said Felton didn't acknowledge the ederly grandmother,did not bother with pleasantries, and never even cracked a smile.When they walked out of the office the player was in the hall.He walked over to his old high school coach to see how it had went.My buddy looked at him and said"you'd better transfer."

Not surprising. Felton has been edgy with just about everyone at UGA since his arrival.

He has a big, big contingent of fans who want him gone.

But, since nobody at UGA cares about basketball (except when we are winning), he will get another 2-3 years

Archived