Happy Halloween!

AUJarhead

Sophia is Little Red Riding Hood this year. Hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween.

s41640cd119417_6.jpg

My 22month old will be a train conductor. We have an unhealthy obsession with trains right now. . .

THOMAS...THOMAS...

I have an almost 6 year old who still has that obsession.

Not so unhealthy though...could be a lot worse.

Very expensive though

Very expensive though

Uhhh...yeah...

We just took back the $50 remote control Thomas with the changing faces. Tidmouth Shed doesn't stay together very well and falls to pieces with the slightest breath. My boy wasn't happy with us taking it back, but he was able to pick out another toy for it...not sure how I persuaded him, but he "chose" a $2 deck of "Go Fish" cards... :big:

Oh also, the "carnival capers" toy doesn't stay together AT ALL either. We took that back to get the remote control one...

Very expensive though

Uhhh...yeah...

We just took back the $50 remote control Thomas with the changing faces. Tidmouth Shed doesn't stay together very well and falls to pieces with the slightest breath. My boy wasn't happy with us taking it back, but he was able to pick out another toy for it...not sure how I persuaded him, but he "chose" a $2 deck of "Go Fish" cards... :big:

Oh also, the "carnival capers" toy doesn't stay together AT ALL either. We took that back to get the remote control one...

My son did not and still does not like anything remote control.

He likes the hands on, push the trains around the track ones.

We have the die cast (All the die cast) and they are the least expensive way to go and are very durable. We have not had any problem with the sheds or houses or anything falling apart.

I have tried to stay away from the wooden mostly because of cost (die cast $3.99 - $9.99 each wood $9.99 - 25.99 each) we do have some (15 or 20) that come free with the movies. However while we were in Vermont last month visiting my brother & his family they bought him some wooden tracks so I guess maybe Santa will have to bring some more.

I'm dressing up as a soldier tonight for Halloween. I've rigged my front yard with claymore mines (don't worry, they just go "bang." I took the ball bearings out), tripwires with flashbang grenades attached (it's actually very cool) and some cleverly hidden Bouncing Betty's that do nothing more than go "boo" after they bounce. In addition, my roommate will be hiding in the bushes with an M-249 Squad Automatic Weapon and about 2,000 rounds of blank ammunition. Please, PLEASE send your kids by our house. We're gonna make 'em earn their candy. It promises to be a character building experience and a good time for all!

What are the odds that Liger is sitting in a jail cell as I type this?

My roommate is.

I guess I can stop in and pick Liger up too when I go post his bond on my lunchbreak.

Oh yeah, Taylor if you're reading this Stanfield got a DUI. I thought he was staying at your place.

Taylor if you're reading this Stanfield got a DUI. I thought he was staying at your place.

Way to look after your friend Taylor. BF'er

Very expensive though

Uhhh...yeah...

We found this out the hard way. None of the Thomas or Bob the Builder toys are worth a crap. Of course, having a 3 year old pound on it for weeks on end doesn't help any, but none of those toys would even stay together long enough for Noah to get to them on Christmas morning. That still doesn't stop them from selling the crap for $50-$75 a pop though. <_<

Very expensive though

Uhhh...yeah...

We found this out the hard way. None of the Thomas or Bob the Builder toys are worth a crap. Of course, having a 3 year old pound on it for weeks on end doesn't help any, but none of those toys would even stay together long enough for Noah to get to them on Christmas morning. That still doesn't stop them from selling the crap for $50-$75 a pop though. <_<

I like what the comedian Kat Williams says. Go to the dollar store get em a hundred toys and they'll love you forever. Of course I'm saying this because I don't have children and know everything about raising them. :poke:

:drippingsarcasm7pa:

Archived