UAB had more fans

autkidd

Unfortunately we are a "football school" and it is near impossible to get anyone to the games, especially this time of year. From the couple of years I spent in the pep band before graduating in aught-five, other than a couple of big games (like UK and Bama), attendance never picks up that much even after January. I can understand weeknights, because by the the campus is jsut too far away to get out of the major cities and over there for a game, but they should be able to do better on weekends.

We have what 23,000 students... Out of all of them would think at least a 1 thousand would come and then bring at least one each though...

What else was there to do tonight?

I wasn't even talking about people from out of town.

I think alot has to come with marketing the games. Not enough people know when the games are. That has to change. Someone is not doing their job.

I think the loss of Dollard and Prowell has deflated enthusiasm a bit. But, you'd think a few more would come out to check out that 7-footer. Apparently, he did pretty well. Maybe the word will get around.

UAB is in a big city, and fans can drive to the arena in 10-15 minutes. The students can walk there in 5 minutes. UAB sucked last season, but there are a lot of transfers and new players this season, so there may be a little more intrigue.

I do understand about UAB... Davis said this is the most talented team he has ever coached. IMO they will be the best team in the state.

I think if we could just get people to come to the game and participate with the lunatics they will find it is incredibly fun. There were 2 freshman there last night next to me that enjoyed it alot and will be back.

there were more than 1700 people there, so the box score is probably wrong. and there were plenty of students, which were at least 40-50 percent of the attendance.

I like the direction the program's going under Lebo, but he has another year before things really start to click, IMHO. UAB, meanwhile, seems to have some life, and could make a serious run in post-season play. Plus Auburn has a much smaller population base to draw from than UAB.

UAB is in a big city, and fans can drive to the arena in 10-15 minutes. The students can walk there in 5 minutes. UAB sucked last season, but there are a lot of transfers and new players this season, so there may be a little more intrigue.

UAB is normally lucky to get 1,000 fans to attend a real game, much less an exhibition game. Most of the students do not live on campus, and they have about 15 fans that are not students. Maybe there is a little more interest for Davis...

UAB is normally lucky to get 1,000 fans to attend a real game, much less an exhibition game. Most of the students do not live on campus, and they have about 15 fans that are not students. Maybe there is a little more interest for Davis...

It really depends on how well UAB is playing. Back in the mid 90s, when they were really clicking, they sold out a lot of games. People don't want to spend money to watch bad basketball and will spend money to watch good basketball. Imagine that.

It really depends on how well UAB is playing. Back in the mid 90s, when they were really clicking, they sold out a lot of games. People don't want to spend money to watch bad basketball and will spend money to watch good basketball. Imagine that.

Who knew?

Archived