Actor/rapper Lil' Romeo to Southern Cal

AUlumni99

Source

LOS ANGELES -- Actor/rapper Lil' Romeo is headed for Southern California to play basketball.

The teenage hip-hop performer and DeMar DeRozan, another local standout, signed national letters of intent to attend USC on Monday at a news conference held at a posh hotel near Beverly Hills.

USC confirmed the signings, and announced that Donte Smith, a 5-foot-11 guard who averaged 21.7 points at Mt. San Antonio College last season, had also signed.

Lil' Romeo, whose full name is Percy Romeo Miller, is currently a senior guard at Beverly Hills High who averaged 13.9 points and 5.6 assists last season. His father, hip-hop mogul Master P, had tryouts with two NBA teams in the 1990s.

"This is the most important thing I've had to do and hopefully it sends a message to kids across the country that education is more important than money," Miller said at the news conference. "Getting a college scholarship is more important than winning an American Music Award, and I plan to be the best student-athlete I can be at USC."

One recruiting service ranks Miller, a 6-0, 170-pounder, among the top 15 prep point guards in the country.

DeRozan, a 6-7, 200-pounder, averaged 22.3 points as a junior at Compton High last season and is rated as one of the best shooting guards in the nation.

"To come from Compton and to be able to get an athletic scholarship at a major university like USC is the greatest feeling in the world," DeRozan said. "This is a place where I am able to work hard and reach my dreams and will hopefully take this to the pros after college."

:lol::P

Wow, what a clever move by Southern Cal.

Signing a multi-millionaire who's a player and booster at the same time.

Starting Five spot is guaranteed..... :lol:

I think the most interesting part of this article is that Lil' Romeo is now of college age.

I'm pretty sure I was in college when he looked like this:

00280273_lg.jpg

And songs contained lines like this:

11 years old, makin' A's and B's

and these lil mommy's can't keep their hands off me

when you see in the streets holla what's up doc

I gotta a bugs bunny chain wit a matchin' watch

Also from that very same verse:

I'm that R-O-M-E-O, after high school

I'm goin' straight to the pro's

Archived