AU vs GW Thread

nimsjus

Tigers are playing very well. The only thing keeping GW in the game is their 3 point shooting. 4:59 in first half, GW leads 31-30 and they are hitting 3's all over the place.

With about 6 minutes to go, AU was shooting about 80% from the FT line. Dropped to 65%-- still better than they usually are. Big game from Barber and Tolbert. AU cold as ice from the arc-- Trays kept GWU in the game. WDE! :cheer:

All road wins are good wins...hopefully the AU folks in Birmingham will turn out for the game on Wednesday. It's a little much to ask too many students to make that trip on a weeknight.

Don't know many students going as of right now... I know I'm ready for it though with my floor seats... Can't wait.

Any students or those in Auburn that are going; want to try and get a caravan together to get up there and cheer on the Hoyas against Bama?

I bought two tickets for WVU Thursday and am getting three more for friends who graduated and are in BHam now. I think with Quan we are better than WVU. We aren't talking about the WVU Big East Powerhouse of a few years ago with Pitsnogle(sp?). I like our odds way better than UAT's chances with Gtown. Gtown has looked amazing this year and UAT ha been less than average(lost to Belmont and almost to SW Louisiana). Can't wait for Wednesday night at BJCC.

I heard a good bit of the game on radio today and they said two of our guys played all 40 minutes and they didn't expect to play more than 7 guys. I know Quan is out but where's the depth? Two subs? Do we have some guys injured?

Tigers are playing very well. The only thing keeping GW in the game is their 3 point shooting. 4:59 in first half, GW leads 31-30 and they are hitting 3's all over the place.

I know the 3s in the 2nd half were all well contested. Looked more like lucky shots to me. Our defense looked very good today even with guys playing lots of minutes.

Wow. So, does anyone in here think Richmond is still the capitol?

When did it change? I thought it was kind of funny.

I heard a good bit of the game on radio today and they said two of our guys played all 40 minutes and they didn't expect to play more than 7 guys. I know Quan is out but where's the depth? Two subs? Do we have some guys injured?

3 played 40. Tez, Reed, and Barber.

Miaway is out this semester due to grades

Boubacar is injured

The rest are walkons. Larry Williams Jr is pretty good but hes just a freshman and not quite ready.

Vot was shooting well from the line until he hurt his hand or whatever it was. Then he looked awful. Reed is ugly from the line.

Tolbert, Frank.........played

Miaway, Archie........ineligible til January

Dollard, Josh...........suspended

Hargrove, Lucas......played

Makris, Stamatis.....walk-on

Williams Jr., Larry...walk-on

Reed, DeWayne......played

Heramb, Matt.........played

Smith, Drew...........walk on

Riddick, Austin........walk on

Barrett, Rasheem....played

Robertson, Quantez..played

Prowell, Quan..........suspended

Luquire, Adam.........walk-on

Barber, Korvotney...played

Sylla, Boubacar.......hurt

Brooks, Ryan..........walk on

We will have a playing rotation of 10 once 2nd semester gets here. We were already really thin and Sylla getting hurt didn't help anything.

But we will suddenly become fairly deep soon with the return of Quan, Sylla, and Archie.

Tolbert, Frank.........played

Miaway, Archie........ineligible til January

Dollard, Josh...........suspended

Hargrove, Lucas......played

Makris, Stamatis.....walk-on

Williams Jr., Larry...walk-on

Reed, DeWayne......played

Heramb, Matt.........played

Smith, Drew...........walk on

Riddick, Austin........walk on

Barrett, Rasheem....played

Robertson, Quantez..played

Prowell, Quan..........suspended

Luquire, Adam.........walk-on

Barber, Korvotney...played

Sylla, Boubacar.......hurt

Brooks, Ryan..........walk on

We will have a playing rotation of 10 once 2nd semester gets here. We were already really thin and Sylla getting hurt didn't help anything.

But we will suddenly become fairly deep soon with the return of Quan, Sylla, and Archie.

Dollard is NOT suspended. He's out for the season for medical reasons.

I was at the game yesterday. It was a lot of fun. The crowd was small (it was the first game of a three game invitational), but I was sitting with over fifty Auburn fans and we made some noise for our boys. There were a few other pockets of Auburn fans as well. I'd say we were probably 1/3 of the crowd, which is pretty good since George Washington is in DC.

I thought our defense looked pretty good. We made a lot of steals and other "hussle" plays. The free throw shooting was killing us at the end. If we had shot a decent percentage we would have iced the game a few possessions earlier.

Still, a good win for Auburn on the road.

War Eagle!

I bought two tickets for WVU Thursday and am getting three more for friends who graduated and are in BHam now. I think with Quan we are better than WVU. We aren't talking about the WVU Big East Powerhouse of a few years ago with Pitsnogle(sp?). I like our odds way better than UAT's chances with Gtown. Gtown has looked amazing this year and UAT ha been less than average(lost to Belmont and almost to SW Louisiana). Can't wait for Wednesday night at BJCC.

It's Wednesday, right? Not Thursday.

It's gonna be a tough game. WVU's only loss is to UT by two. They are good and will give us all we can handle. I like this game though and will give us a good sense of where we are as a team. I hope Prowell comes into this game in game shape ( I assume he's been practicing) since he's our best offensive player. I like it that Vot is playing well. I just wish we had someone who could shoot from the outside. Anyway I'm pumped about this season

Does anyone know the reason for the medical redshirt Dollard is taking this year?

I just haven't heard anyone yet who knows....kind of strange.

What impressed me the most with the game yesterday was our ability to make plays out of timeouts. I think that show the respect that our players have for Lebo and his staff. Any coach can tell the guys what to do during the break, but its still up to the guys to go out on the floor and do it. I only remember coming out of 1 time out that we didn't have a great possession and allowed GW to hit a 3.

I also liked what I saw out of Vot and Frank. Both stepped up in a big way on the road. All these road games early should by huge dividends come conference play.

The only negative thing that I saw (and I think this is how they are coached) was how quick we were to shot the ball. It was pretty obvious when we missed 12 3-pointers in a row that the shots weren't falling. If we would have worked the passing game I think it would have opened up the game for Vot to get more opportunities.

All things considered, GREAT win for Lebo's Tigers. Here's looking to WVA Wednesday night!

Archived