Is this the Lebo's year to win?

BZ770

The only things you can sell right now to a hot shot HS player is:

The chance to help turn a program around.

The chance to play in a state of the art arena in a couple of years.

Quick. You're the coach. Tell me, how do YOU sell Auburn to a high school hotshot basketball player. Go.

you get to watch the Auburn Tigers play football at Jordan Hare Stadium and the girls are prettier here than anywhere else.

I seriously think that it is stupid to build a brand new arena when you can't even fill up half of BEMC. If a team is winning, then that will put butts in the seats, but building a new basketball arena will only be a temporary fix for a program that is struggling. I think it will end up hurting more than helping in the long run.

I seriously think that it is stupid to build a brand new arena when you can't even fill up half of BEMC. If a team is winning, then that will put butts in the seats, but building a new basketball arena will only be a temporary fix for a program that is struggling. I think it will end up hurting more than helping in the long run.

The arena is not only trying to help out the program, it is helping the look of the campus as a whole. BEMC architecturally does NOT fit in with the rest of the campus. This new arena will blend in well with red brick we see all around.

The new arena will have less seats than BEMC.

Really the big problem about putting students in the seats is communication. Majority have no clue when the games are... There are little signs around campus, but we need to find a way to let people know when the games are... Maybe have some of the Lebo Lunatics on the concourse the day of the game with a Bball goal, give away free tickets to those that can shoot the ball through the hoop 2 of 3 times. More visibility is something that is desperately needed.

How could a new arena possiblly hurt? It is also an upgrade for several other things that will help recruiting in all areas of the athletic department. It fulfills the need for athletic department offices, basketball practice/workout facilities, and dining for athletes.

I heard the guys on ITAT radio say a while back that when CTT got here that the football facilities were probably the best or at least one of the top 2 or 3 in the SEC. Currently, they say they are probably 10th. My question is why werent we working to upgrade the basketball facilities then? It wasnt like the current facilities suddenly got incredibly crappy. Theyve been that way for a while and another 10 years hasnt helped. And at the time the basketball program was succeding and would have had more support for upgrades. Just goes to show where priorities are around here. Baseball and Football facilities have gotten upgraded twice since then.

As far as attendence goes, I think a lot of people just dont care that much. This is Alabama and basketball's just not that big it seems especially among students. But that might not really be right. Attendance at baseball games especially by students has been very lean lately. There are plenty of baseball fans in this state. We have a great facility, atmosphere, and the weather here is usually great, especially compared to other places, so there's really no excuse not to go to games.

I think the reason behind baseball is the 3 games a weekend. I would love to go to all three games but I don't have the time. I usually set aside Sundays to go to the game.

But there just isn't alot of marketing around campus for any of the athletics...

Like I said we those little stand and some signs around campus but they aren't in the right places.

Really the main thing I saw were those little signs that has all of the dates of the athletic events... What good will that do. The font is tiny and people won't pay attention to it. We need people getting the word out the day before and the day of the game spreading the word.

Archived