Prayers requested

WarDamn

A good buddy of mine I've known since cub scouts then highschool and finally culminating in both of us happening to graduate this past August passed away on the 10. Matt and his family are Auburn to the core. I know gamedays will never be the same for his father. Funeral was today and I just ask you to keep his family and newlywed wife in your prayers. This has come as a complete shock and just goes to show us all how fragile life can be. Matt was one helluva guy and while the Good Lord chose to carry him to a better place he will be dearly, dearly missed.

Matthew David Yates

YATES, MATTHEW DAVID "BOY", age 24, of Trussville, Al, passed away December 10, 2007. He was a telephone technician with Reliable Communications, and a member of The First Baptist Church of Trussville. He graduated in 2001 from Hewitt Trussville High School. He graduated in 2007 from Auburn University with a major in Communication and a minor in Ecomonics. He was a Cub Scout with Pack 216, a black belt in Tae Kwon Do, he played baseball for nine years with Trussville Baseball Association, played football with Metro Football in Trussville and junior high football for Hewitt Trussville Junior High School. He was preceded in death by his brother, Jonathan; grandparents, Stewart and Margaret Gray; and grandfather, Loyal T. Yates. He is survived by his wife and best friend, Ashley Yates; dad and mom, Michael and Renee Yates; sister, Cora Yates; grandmother, Mabel Yates; his "2 Boys" Buster and Scrappy; and a host of aunts, uncles and cousins. A service will be held on Friday, December 14, 2007 at The First Baptist Church of Trussville at 2:00 PM, Brother Buddy Champion and Brother Jeff Gardner officiating. The family will receive friends on Thursday December 13, 2007 from 6-9:00 PM at the church. Matthew will be deeply missed by all. He loved animals, Auburn Football and many other sports, and lived for gameday in Auburn on Saturdays. He instilled strength, independence, kindness, generosity and laughter in his friends and family. He would hope we would all carry on these wonderful qualities. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Birmingham Humane Society. Jefferson Memorial Funeral Home directing.

Archived