Barber out 4 weeks

jdub5793

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3174088

AUBURN, Ala. -- Auburn forward Korvotney Barber, the national field-goal percentage leader at 72.0 percent, is expected to be sidelined at least four weeks after breaking his non-shooting left hand.

Barger, averaging 13.8 points and 6.9 rebounds, was injured Saturday in the Tigers' 79-59 victory over Towson.

The injury leaves the team with just six available scholarship players.

"For our team, it is heartbreaking, and I feel for them. Obviously, it is an unbelievably difficult situation," coach Jeff Lebow said Sunday.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

Are you kidding? When will Lebo get a break? Pun totally unintended

This is a huge blow. I still have hope though. If we can be competitive in the SEC with all these problems Lebo will have solidified his standing with this program.

I wrote this in another thread on December 21:

"Uggh. Is the new arena being built on an Indian burial ground? This team seems snake-bit. I feel like Lebo should be making progress, but there really has been a crazy amount of bad luck, bad breaks, etc. for this team."

Sentiments still apply...

Well, yet another excuse for Lebo lovers to try and use to keep him for another year or two.

I feel bad for Barber though, he is a good player. Probably the best player we have this year gets hurt and just in time for SEC play too.

When will Boob-a-car be back?

He is far behind. I heard Lebo say a couple of days ago (on the radio) that they will consider redshirting him.

A player can apply for a redshirt if he plays in less than 30 percent of the school's games that season. Since he played in 10 games and :au: is playing 29 regular season games, he's over 30%.

The SEC tournament counts in that total, but I believe it only counts for one game no matter how far you go in the tournament. which would bump our total to 30, which is still over 30%...NIT/NCAA is not counted.

Even if he were interested, which we don't know one way or the other, Barber isn't eligible for a medical redshirt.

I don't get to see much of our team out here in Texas, but it's looking like a carbon copy of some of the others so far...this team really needs to get into at least the NIT this year, though.

How long it Barber actually expected to be out? The initial reports said 4 weeks but I thought I heard since then that it is six weeks.

Guest mtn_tgr

Will he have the ability to redshirt?

When will Boob-a-car be back?

He is not officially eligible for a redshirt. But sometimes the NCAA will make special exceptions. I heard on the broadcast today that he played 3 minutes over the redshirt line(don't really know what that means jsut relaying what FSN South announcers said). But that Lebo was going to attempt to get him a redshirt since he probably want be back til end of february anyways.

Archived