Can't wait till Auburn Baseball kicks off!!!

This SHOULD be the year we break out. If not, it's time for a new coach. The talent is there, the depth is there, and the hunger is there. I really think this team will break through and make a run at Omaha.

At least I hope so! War Eagle! :cheer::au:

There are kick offs in baseball? I haven't paid much attention in the last couple of years...what else did I miss?

This SHOULD be the year we break out. If not, it's time for a new coach. The talent is there, the depth is there, and the hunger is there. I really think this team will break through and make a run at Omaha.

At least I hope so! War Eagle! :cheer::au:

I'll be happy making it to Birmingham....

Baby steps man....

BabySteps.jpg

Yes finally the start of baseball topic.

I think we have all the tools in place as well. Burnsides injury doesnt help much, especially with the cluster of games at the beginning of the season, but our last couple of recruiting classes have brought in some other really good arms. If we can get by with those guys, and Burnside returns towards the end of the season anything like he was last year we could be a serious force come tourney time. Last year was exciting, but we were young and there were some serious weaknesses that cost us. I think this year could be the breakout.

Are we going to have another tailgate this year? I have already decided that I am getting down there for a weekend no matter what.

Are we going to have another tailgate this year? I have already decided that I am getting down there for a weekend no matter what.

Yes....it will be May 3rd before the Miss State game. More to follow.

Burnsides injury doesnt help much ...

What happened to Burnsides?

Auburn baseball loses ace

Posted by Evan Woodbery, Press-Register January 08, 2008 10:11 PM

There was some bad news last week for the Auburn baseball team. Here's the story that will appear in Wednesday's Press-Register...

AUBURN - Ace starting pitcher Paul Burnside has a broken collarbone and will miss at least several weeks of the season, Auburn baseball coach Tom Slater told the Press-Register Tuesday.

Burnside suffered the injury over the holiday break and underwent surgery last week, Slater said. The junior left-hander from Montgomery won't be able to pick up a baseball for at least six weeks - roughly when Auburn opens the season on Feb. 22.

After that, Burnside has at least four weeks of rehab work to get his arm back into throwing shape.

"I would say it's a minimum of 10 weeks," Slater said. "Hopefully we'll get him back in the middle or end of March, or early April."

Auburn's SEC schedule begins March 14 at Florida.

Burnside emerged as Auburn's No. 1 starter in 2007, going 7-1 with a 3.06 ERA. He had 54 strikeouts and 22 walks in 67 innings before being shut down with a strained upper bicep.

Burnside was expected to anchor the weekend rotation in front of junior Evan Crawford and sophomore Taylor Thompson.

Now, Slater said, "everybody's got to slide up one spot."

The lack of depth could hurt more than usual this year, because of new NCAA rules that mandate a later start to the baseball season. In the past, Auburn has started playing games on the first day of February. This year, the late start will make it tougher to space out games.

"There are a lot more games compacted into a shorter amount of time," Slater said. "You're looking at a five-man rotation as it is, with the three weekend games and a couple of mid-week games most weeks."

Burnside has overcome bad injury luck before. In high school, he recovered from Tommy John surgery to earn a spot at Auburn.

Burnside gained notoriety as a freshman in 2006 when he set an Auburn record by pitching 25 consecutive SEC innings without an earned run.

Archived