Summer Coaching Job wanted

WAR-GIGEM-EAGLE

I really do not know where you are going to find a "paying" summer coaching job in baseball.

I umpire high school baseball and in the summer I call Dixie Boys and American Legion games. That is about the closest you are going to get for anybody on the diamond over the summer being paid. Summer coaching, in just about any organization, is going to be strictly voluntary. It think there are actually bylaws in most summer baseball leagues, because most are community rec leagues, that prevent the paying of coaches.

There is a AHSAA rule first implemented a couple of years ago that during a two week period soon after school is out, high school coaches can work with his team and play games. After that the coaches have to be hands off for any summer leagues his players participate in.

i have a friend who coaches at a private school out in texas and has coached travel teams every summer since high school. he graduates from texas tech this year and wants to leave texas for the summer. he's got offers to stay at his current gig, or pick up a deal with our old high school coach in Dallas. i think he's come to terms that coaching for money isnt going to happen this summer so he'll probably find another part-time job. Does Coach Slater hire people as "counselors" for his summer camps that anyone knows about? Thanks for the response Ranger.

No problem man.

I was actually going to ask you if summer ball coaches being paid in Texas was a normal thing. Even the travel teams here in Alabama usually are made up of guys who just start up their own team.

No problem man.

I was actually going to ask you if summer ball coaches being paid in Texas was a normal thing. Even the travel teams here in Alabama usually are made up of guys who just start up their own team.

im actually pretty sure that he got paid to coach during the summer. it wasnt much, but money nonetheless, on top of having all his hotel fees and food costs paid. if i hadnt joined the military i wouldve been his bench coach. i'll have to talk to him and get back with you on whether or not its a regular deal----or if it was rich parents just hooking him up.

Archived